Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boru Carrig Mor stove not heating radiators

Options
  • 25-10-2018 7:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭

Hello,

A problem with my Boru Carrig Mor 20/30kw stove in the past couple of days. I am hoping folks on the forum can provide some guidance.

In early Mid October I had the stove cleaned (annual clean) in preparation for regular use in the coming months. In the last 3 to 4 days, I have noticed that the stove isn't heating the majority of radiators in the house (I have 4 downstairs and 7 upstairs)

After checking just now, one radiator downstairs is lukewarm and five of the seven upstairs rads are lukewarm. Other than that all other rads are cold.

I also noticed a gurgling sound (trapped air?) emanating from the stove 15 minutes after lighting it.

Back in March/April When I had had the first lighting the rads would typically heat 15 minutes after lighting the first and having top and bottom vents open.

I should had that the thermostat associated with the stove is typically set between 30-40 degrees the pump does engage after lighting the fire (a i can hear it b) the upstairs rads are lukeworm).

There is also a one way twist-able value that appears to let out air, I gave this a couple of twists and i could hear air being released. I also note i did have one evening this week where all the rads did heat via the stove, but since Tues poor levels of heating.

I assume I will need to call someone to service the stove, but i would like to get additional background on the problem and possible solutions so as i don't appear totally clueless when speaking to a stove service person.

I should add that I also have oil fired central heating and the rads work fine (i.e all rads are heated via oil)

Thanks in advance for any replies.
    Jonathan

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,275 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wearb

Sounds like a thermostat turned down/ misplaced or circulation pump problem.

Please follow site and charter rules. "Resistance is futile"

Advertisement