Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Considering purchasing townhouse - no lawn area

Options
  • 25-10-2018 11:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭

Hi folks, I am thinking of purchasing a terraced townhouse as a renovation project. The thing is, there is absolutely no lawn or recreational area out the back. Basically just a footpath and a boundary wall. Is this okay? Would it be very hard to sell on when renovated? Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,419 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

Hi folks, I am thinking of purchasing a terraced townhouse as a renovation project. The thing is, there is absolutely no lawn or recreational area out the back. Basically just a footpath and a boundary wall. Is this okay? Would it be very hard to sell on when renovated? Thanks.

Is it very hard to buy in the current market, when referenced to other properties in the area?

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭Tyson Lannister

Well the property is good value and I would be able to do all the work myself - I would be viewing it as a rental property. It's in a rural village but there is a big factory quite close so renting it out would not be a problem I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,567 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Do some research.
    Contact some agents in the area and ask about rental availability, see if you can get an idea of the types of property in demand.

Renting a property with no green spaces isn’t for everyone, particularly those in a rural area where space is the norm.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,074 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

A house with no open space is effectively a multi-storey apartment.

I lived in one of those in my 20s, it was great. 2 storey over a shop, bang in the middle of a small town with shops, restaurants and bars. When I wanted to be outside I'd go to the park a couple of minutes walk away.

But...location is absolutely critical. If there's nowhere to go and lounge around outside you can go stir crazy.

edit: actually thinking about is most of the places I lived had no gardens and it didn't bother me in the slightest. But if you're renting a whole house your market is presumably families?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Some people value location over the requirement for a garden.
    We've a tiny yard in our house but we're close to a few parks. When our baby is older, we'll bring her to the park rather than the back yard. It's no issue for us.

• Advertisement
Advertisement