Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Killester

Options
  • 25-10-2018 11:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭

There are a few new builds in Killester park near the shops with the Ramble Inn. I'm wondering that that area is like? I know in general, Killester is considered decent but looks a bit rough there. Just looking for opinions/advice.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭jon1981

fungie wrote: »
    There are a few new builds in Killester park near the shops with the Ramble Inn. I'm wondering that that area is like? I know in general, Killester is considered decent but looks a bit rough there. Just looking for opinions/advice.

It's actually a nice area (despite how it looks). I've inlaws that live up the road from the Ramble inn, never had any trouble. I think I know the new builds you're talking about, about 3-4 of them in a row facing onto the road? It's very convenient for access to the Malahide road for buses and also the Dart in Killester. I'd suggest taking a few walks around the area at different times of the day/evening to get a real feel for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭fungie

jon1981 wrote: »
    It's actually a nice area (despite how it looks). I've inlaws that live up the road from the Ramble inn, never had any trouble. I think I know the new builds you're talking about, about 3-4 of them in a row facing onto the road? It's very convenient for access to the Malahide road for buses and also the Dart in Killester. I'd suggest taking a few walks around the area at different times of the day/evening to get a real feel for it.

There are 2 new builds, 1a/1b killester park I think. They on daft, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭Col_30

This area is Donnycarney.

Col_30 wrote: »
    This area is Donnycarney.

Really? bit misleading..

For everyone's reference, this is the location: https://goo.gl/maps/QW5HgJ5wsw12

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭Segotias

I'm from the area, that would be Killester, Donnycarney is a few seconds away. The area is grand, no better or worse than most others. Location wise couldn't ask for better, close to the Malahide and Howth Road, Dart station, numerous bus routes, 20 mins for airport, city centre.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,394 ✭✭✭Ray Palmer

While technically it is Killester but it is right beside Donnycarney and right by the shops built as Donnnycarney council estate.

It is a bit rough as a result and the shops and pub there are very run down.

I wouldn't drink in the Ramble Inn and would be wary of going to the shops at night.

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭Segotias

Ray Palmer wrote: »
    While technically it is Killester but it is right beside Donnycarney and right by the shops built as Donnnycarney council estate.

It is a bit rough as a result and the shops and pub there are very run down.

I wouldn't drink in the Ramble Inn and would be wary of going to the shops at night.

Being a corporation estate doesn't make it rough!!

Perhaps being a local I feel very safe walking around the place at night, I walk my dogs regularly at night in the area with no problem.

Ramble Inn is a locals type pub but majority are very friendly

• Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭bri007

I always associated that area to be donneycarney, but either way it’s a grand spot and good location for transport etc

• Registered Users Posts: 8,394 ✭✭✭Ray Palmer

Segotias wrote: »
    Being a corporation estate doesn't make it rough!!

Perhaps being a local I feel very safe walking around the place at night, I walk my dogs regularly at night in the area with no problem.

Ramble Inn is a locals type pub but majority are very friendly
    Both my parents are from Donnycarney and my first property was there.
    It is rough and the Ramble Inn is not a friendly pub and the shops are run down.
    You and I both know there is a notorious family there that are very dangerous.

It is rough and the Ramble Inn is not a friendly pub and the shops are run down.

Getting a lot of mixed messages about the area.

• Advertisement

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,202 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

I don't recognise the description you got of Donnycarney. Was it based on 30 or 40 years ago?
    I would have no issue buying in either Killester or Donnycarney for that matter.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Maisie123

I’ve been living nearby for the last few years and have never had any trouble. I wouldn’t drink in the ramble but go to the shops/takeaway at all times of day/ night and always feel safe. Lots of options for public transport and shops in killester or Artane.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,809 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

My granny lived in The Demesne in Killester when I was a kid, lovely area, great location, and lovely long garden at the back of the house.
    My Dad and Uncle sold the house after she died in the early 1990s, I think they still kick themselves over it....

Advertisement