Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Spouse visa

• 26-10-2018 12:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi I was recently in March this year married in Thailand and have applied for visa for my wife,only thing I am worried about is I work 3 days per week and sometimes on busy weekends ,Bank holidays etc I work 4 so on weeks I work 3 days I get 54 euro from social welfare so I was just looking on where spouse is Irish citizen 17.2 it's says for and Irish citizen to sponsor immediate family member must not have been totally or predominantly reliant on benifits from Irish state for a continuous period in excess of 2years immediately prior to application and must over 3 year period have earned a cumulative gross income over and above any state benefits of not less than 40 thousand.I have P 60s and P 21 statements over this just wondering if by me being on X and Is will this come against me when Visa decision is decided,Any help or feed back greatly appreciated Kind Regards

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 gerosull

In post made few mistakes my wife is Thai national whom I am trying now bring in to country.Social only part I am worried about as I can show good enough savings also . Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 456 ✭✭unattendedbag

€54 per week is only 2808 per year. So if your gross income for last 3 years is predominantly more than the social received then you should be well clear of their targets.

The real test is can you support you and spouse here comfortably while she is unable to claim social welfare initially. So your expenses might be taken into consideration too. In reality you'll be getting her a stamp 4 visa so she can work here when she arrives. Best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭revenent

€54 per week is only 2808 per year. So if your gross income for last 3 years is predominantly more than the social received then you should be well clear of their targets.

The real test is can you support you and spouse here comfortably while she is unable to claim social welfare initially. So your expenses might be taken into consideration too. In reality you'll be getting her a stamp 4 visa so she can work here when she arrives. Best of luck

There is no assumption for a stamp 4. He will have to wait and see, if you declared all expenses/incomes when you submitted your marriage cert and proof of relationship there shouldn't be a problem, only problem is you may be waiting a good while! Big backlog of submissions! Best of luck as well

• Registered Users Posts: 34 iamgroot

I'm disappointed by the Irish authorities on this whole visa for spouses thing.

I'm Irish and both my young sons are Irish citizens. But the Irish embassy in the country we live in refused my wife's visa application on a technicality. And a technicality that has nothing to do with us, just the local political situation. Meanwhile she has a schengen visa, that took two days to issue - two days - In the Dutch embassy, and that is valid for five years. So we can travel to like 27 EU member states but we cant travel to Ireland.

Come on Ireland.. seriously?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

iamgroot wrote: »
    I'm disappointed by the Irish authorities on this whole visa for spouses thing.

I'm Irish and both my young sons are Irish citizens. But the Irish embassy in the country we live in refused my wife's visa application on a technicality. And a technicality that has nothing to do with us, just the local political situation. Meanwhile she has a schengen visa, that took two days to issue - two days - In the Dutch embassy, and that is valid for five years. So we can travel to like 27 EU member states but we cant travel to Ireland.

Come on Ireland.. seriously?

So technically your wife is not entitled to enter Ireland due to a political situation in the country you are domiciled in...not Ireland’s fault...and you think that the rules and regulations should be relaxed for you for some reason?

• Advertisement

splinter65 wrote: »
    So technically your wife is not entitled to enter Ireland due to a political situation in the country you are domiciled in...not Ireland’s fault...and you think that the rules and regulations should be relaxed for you for some reason?

No they should be made more strict. And they should allow my family who are Irish to travel to - 2/3rds of - Ireland.

Ireland

How are things in Air-ah these days anyway? Has there been any progress with the auld reunification with Air-bnb?
    rules and regulations?

Is it about not feeding after midnight? What rules and regulations!

Advertisement