Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Curry/Lucky House / Dublin St Chinese (Dundalk)

Options
  • 26-10-2018 10:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭

Hi anyone know why The Curry House / Dublin St Chinese / The Lucky house (know by different names) is closed any evening I've passed this week and I think last week also?

It's the one opposite the Windsor in Dundalk. No notice up for holidays or anything like that.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭BettePorter

It's closed for a month. They always do so once a year or so. Tho usually round Chinese year. To be fair id imagine they can afford to. License to print money that place.

I've never seen a place with such a comprehensive menu and yet almost every person through the door orders the same thing ....breast of chicken curry rice /chips ! I'd say they just have vats of the stuff out the back and get a shock when someone orders something else !

Though it does bug me that they've started putting less onions than before in their basuc curry and are now charging a euro for 'extra onions '.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭10green bottles

Goldmine,and can afford to close for a month with the price of a basic curry starting at €11/12 - but it is a Premium curry IMO tbh and the place be's crazy mad busy.Youngs in Church Street the same(different owners though)
    Opens only 5pm -10pm Tues to Sunday and maybe,depending on their mood,11pm on a Friday & Saturday and closed all day Monday. A dream business to own.

When those lovely people that own the place want to retire and maybe sell on i'm telling you i will be 1st in the queue to buy it.
    Of course they'll have to hand over all their amazing secret recipes etc.

Sorry about your onions BP, i'll make sure you're well looked after when i take the biz over ;)

edit - ps

they don't even do delivery.
    Like come on!!

Advertisement