Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Etape du Tour 2019

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,881 ✭✭✭terrydel

Meh, looks an awful choice in my humble. **** all decent descents, a ridiculously long climb taking in most of that ascent number. No thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭2 Wheels Good

Have an entry so will most likely go, nice part of the world so should be able to get some nice spins in before. €115 for the bib.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭Doc07

I’m going, can’t wait. Delighted it’s a MTF also

• Registered Users Posts: 2,535 ✭✭✭at1withmyself

terrydel wrote: »
    Meh, **** all decent descents, No thanks.

Am I missing something here but there is 2 descents and more then likely you'll have to do the final descent to get to your car, bus etc....? Looks like a nice route to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,881 ✭✭✭terrydel

Am I missing something here but there is 2 descents and more then likely you'll have to do the final descent to get to your car, bus etc....? Looks like a nice route to me.

The final descent is not part of the route tho, so probably won't be closed roads.
    The other two descents are quite short.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,248 ✭✭✭07Lapierre

Cycling back down is the only option...

"The finish is in the ski resort of Val Thorens. The route of the Etape du Tour will take you up a side road but this road will re-join the main access road at about 11 kilometres from the finish. As this is the only road to Val Thorens, the road will remain closed for cars until after the finish of the Etape du Tour for security reasons. It is however possible to descend back down the main road as a two-way system will be put in place for cyclists only"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭2 Wheels Good

07Lapierre wrote: »
    Cycling back down is the only option...

"The finish is in the ski resort of Val Thorens. The route of the Etape du Tour will take you up a side road but this road will re-join the main access road at about 11 kilometres from the finish. As this is the only road to Val Thorens, the road will remain closed for cars until after the finish of the Etape du Tour for security reasons. It is however possible to descend back down the main road as a two-way system will be put in place for cyclists only"
    Probably will have to go back to Moutiers about 27/28km down to get transport out of the area.

Well I've just signed up for this. Accommodation is booking out fast! Was lucky to get accommodation about 40k from the finish in La Lachere. Last year, the trip back from the finish by bus was a nightmare as the road was clogged with bloody cyclists! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 BMG1324

Anyone know how easy is it to get parking in Albertville and how regular the shuttle buses from the finish back to Albertville are?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,360 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

terrydel wrote: »
    Meh, looks an awful choice in my humble. **** all decent descents, a ridiculously long climb taking in most of that ascent number. No thanks.

Unless you plan on sleeping on the mountain top, there are about 4500m of descending.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,538 ✭✭✭nak

Signed up today, panic training starts now!

nak wrote: »
    Signed up today, panic training starts now!

Just to get you in the mood:
    (Only 87 days to go! ;) )

• Registered Users Posts: 1,538 ✭✭✭nak

07Lapierre wrote: »
    Just to get you in the mood:
    (Only 87 days to go! ;) )

https://vimeo.com/332060113

If we get that weather I'll be happy. Have been there before, nice part of the world. New bike ordered with a 34 on the back!

Advertisement