Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tonic/vitamins for 1 and 4 year old

• 26-10-2018 1:04pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭

Hi folks, it's that time of year again when the kids seem to be picking up every bug going! My 16 month old especially seems to be struggling with a low grade bug for the last couple of weeks. My 4 year old then just seems constantly tired, even though she gets lots of sleep. Can anyone recommend a tonic or vitamin that is palatable for kids that might perk them up a bit? My husband bought one last year (think it might have been Pharmaton or Vivioptal for kids) and they wouldn't take it for me. To be fair it tasted horrible. Can anyone suggest anything that might taste nice?

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,914 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

Honestly the only one I know are those gummi bear things, and I have actually had zero success with them-both kids turned up their noses at them.
    Is there a liquid you could get to add to their drinks, I wonder....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

You can get the vitamin d drops into the baby.... just drop them from a height onto roughly their mouth area while they are lying on their back. Post nappy change worked for me. Be quick!

Gummy bears for the older child. They are expensive though. 20 euro for a big pot of them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭ncmc

Thanks guys for the replies. That’s the thing, they’re so expensive, it’s a dear mistake if they won’t take them. Last year when the baby had reflux, I was recommended a powder to get which had a tiny spoon for doseage. They had a version for back to school age kids too. Can’t remember the name of it for the life of me though.

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭whodafunk

Pharmaton Kiddi Health - can be added to orange juice. Our very fussy picky eating 4 year old takes it every morning. Can be difficult- not all chemists stock it but seems very good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15 Shivers09

I give my two (aged 3 and 5) half an effervescent vitamin tablet. I just dissolve it in water and top up with a splash of blackcurrant cordial. They love the bit of fizz while the tablet is dissolving and usually drink it down with no issue. I’ve has no luck with the gummy kids vitamins either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

We've started ours on Sambucol for Kids at the recommendation of our GP. Hoping it will help them to fight off infections and not need so many antibiotics. It's a bit on dear side though - over 10 quid a bottle & because we have two of them on it, the bottle is only lasting a week :eek: But if it keeps them out of our GP & NEDOC surgeries, I'll be a happy mama!

Advertisement