Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trying to cancel, on hold 20 minutes

• 26-10-2018 2:44pm

Any way to expedite this? The 3 hold songs on repeat are starting to drive me a bit insane.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭eir: Kyle

Buttonftw wrote: »
    Any way to expedite this? The 3 hold songs on repeat are starting to drive me a bit insane.
    Hi there Buttonftw

So sorry about the call-waiting times. In order to cancel your account, you have to call directly

-Kyle

• Registered Users Posts: 37 drik

Was waiting over 25 minutes myself and the call simply disconnected. Have been holding for another 20 mins. Very convenient Eir. :mad:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 260 ✭✭Magnatu

Trying to cancel as well. 35 minutes on hold so far. They keep repeating the same song. 

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

Made me wait nearly half an hour too.  I was moving house, no longer in contract and was getting Digiweb/SIRO FTTH in my new home so wasn't staying.

Agent still went through the entire script rather than just cancelling my account.

Customers leave for many reasons, but annoying them when they want to leave is one way to ensure they'll never come back. This should be available online.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

I did it through eir.ie/cancellations. They seem to have removed that link now. They’d obviously prefer to torture people hanging on for hours instead.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 260 ✭✭Magnatu

Disconnected today after 40 mins on hold. Maybe someone here could advise me.  
    I have broadband and phone through Eir.. Out of contract. 
    Was hoping to speak to someone in Eir in case they could offer me a slightly better deal but that doesn't seem to be possible. Do I need to cancel with Eir. If I just signed up for a new cintcont with another provider would they handle the cancellation? If not will have to travel to town next week and see if I can cancel at an Eir store. 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 375 ✭✭eir: Sarah

Hi there,

Unfortunately we can't advise how another company would deal with a change over of service as each company differs in terms of process therefore I would recommend contactig the company you wish  to move to who can advise you further. I do apologise that you were unable to get through however in order to terminate the service in full you would ne required to speak with a member of our cancellations team on 1901.

Thanks,

Sarah

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,592 ✭✭✭Hoboo

eir: Kyle wrote: »
    Buttonftw wrote: »
    Hi there Buttonftw

So sorry about the call-waiting times. In order to cancel your account, you have to call directly

-Kyle
    No you don't. If you send in a letter, and cancel you DD, its done. This nonsense that you must call needs to stop. Kyle, you're full of Sh*t. 

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,592 ✭✭✭Hoboo

BTW anyone who wants to cancel, screenshot this page, EIR will not take you to any court (might get a 'solicitors letter' which is exactly what it is, a letter, and nothing more), just cancel the DD, send a letter, bye. Absolute chancers. The BOARDS reps should be taking your details in a PM and cancelling, do they fook.

Just cancel your DD. Done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 278 ✭✭RobiePAX

Magnatu wrote: »
    Disconnected today after 40 mins on hold. Maybe someone here could advise me.  
    I have broadband and phone through Eir.. Out of contract. 
    Was hoping to speak to someone in Eir in case they could offer me a slightly better deal but that doesn't seem to be possible. Do I need to cancel with Eir. If I just signed up for a new cintcont with another provider would they handle the cancellation? If not will have to travel to town next week and see if I can cancel at an Eir store. 
    As a Carphone Warehouse guy I can answer your question.

Slightly Better Deal - Yes, if you call Eir cancellation then the loyalty team might offer you a 12 months discount, to secure you staying them. Unfortunately you will have to be on phone for around 30 minutes. I know it's a joke, many Eir employees know this as well. It's just what it is right now.

Moving to another Provider - If you leave to another eir line based provider such as Vodafone or Sky then yes, they will cancel your Eir contract on your behalf automatically. 

Simply make sure that upon signing up you tell them you want to keep your landline number. They will ask you for your UAN (Universal Account Number) which is on your current eir bill. Using it another provider is able to transfer over old number, which automatically cancels out your current contract with eir. Well, at least Broadband and Landline part of your contract. If you have mobiles they will stay.

Above does not apply to Virgin Media - Note that Virgin Media is different. VM are not using eir based line so moving service to them won't automatically cancel your current provider. They will simply work along side each other. So when leaving to or from VM you have to provide 30 days notice.

I hope this helps,
    Cheers
    RobiePAX

• Advertisement
Advertisement