Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Forum Chit-Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭taytobreath

Scarinae wrote: »
    Mice love chocolate and peanut butter. I caught a mouse in a Pringles tube with some cooking chocolate when I was about eight, I let it go at the end of the garden though because the poor little thing was terrified of me.

Our cat has a scratch on her eye, we took her to the emergency vet on Thursday and she's been wearing a cone ever since. She was very distressed at first and walking around backwards, she is used to the cone now but has been plodding around like Eeyore with her head drooped down. We also have to give her two sets of eye drops, one of them isn't too bad but other makes her dribble and foam at the mouth :( Thank goodness the vet told us this could happen as I would have panicked otherwise! We're going back on Thursday to see how it's progressing, fingers crossed it is healing well.

I locked my cat in a spare room because the cat was aware where the mouse was. But when I woke up the next morning the mouse was dead in the spare room. It must of went in under the tiny crack at he end of the door, I really thought it wouldn't be able to fit under that tiny bit of space.

Wishing your cat a speedy recovery.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,434 ✭✭✭Rancid

I locked my cat in a spare room because the cat was aware where the mouse was. But when I woke up the next morning the mouse was dead in the spare room. It must of went in under the tiny crack at he end of the door, I really thought it wouldn't be able to fit under that tiny bit of space ....
    They are tiny and can fit through the smallest of spaces.
    No help to you this time unfortunately but here's a trick that has always worked to quickly catch a mouse that unexpectedly finds itself in the house.
    A black or dark boot turned on its side and placed near the corner you suspect the mouse is hiding in. If necessary shine a torch in the corner and they will most likely run for the darkness of the boot.

Rancid wrote: »
    They are tiny and can fit through the smallest of spaces.
    No help to you this time unfortunately but here's a trick that has always worked to quickly catch a mouse that unexpectedly finds itself in the house.
    A black or dark boot turned on its side and placed near the corner you suspect the mouse is hiding in. If necessary shine a torch in the corner and they will most likely run for the darkness of the boot.

Thank you thats a good idea. I should of just caught it that time I had the chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,570 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Bit of reassurance if your kitty goes missing...we moved house about 7 or 8 weeks ago along with three cats. One of the cats - a very nervous all black cat called Snowball - went missing after about 2 days. We went back to the previous place, though it was a long distance and not really very likely that she would go there. Where we moved to is very rural and again not a lot of point looking for her as she is very timid and would hide from people, and its mostly fields and woods anyway.

So last night she turned up at the door demanding to be let in! After some 7 weeks or so she was fit and healthy, though she had lost her belly and was quite skinny her coat was lovely and she was absolutely fine! She immediately went into her affection routine of walking on me and kneading me and demanding to be petted.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭Lady Haywire

Awww that's lovely Looksee!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

I've a mouse in my house! He/she is living amongst my tv appliances. I could actually catch it, but I'm afraid to handle it because he might bite me, I've gloves but they aren't that thick.
    I put down two of those humane mouse traps that catches them alive and then I would release him back into the wild. I have put cat food into the back of the traps but he shows no interest it.
    Anyone any ideas.
    I always had good results with hot buttered toast. It smells just as good to them as it does to us.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,467 ✭✭✭✭Alun

kylith wrote: »
    I always had good results with hot buttered toast. It smells just as good to them as it does to us.
    Peanut butter seems to work quite well too.

My very first cat would go missing for 1 day, sometimes then 2 days and then it would be a whole week. But I could never find him. Then he went missing permanently. After about 3 months of been missing and by accident I saw him sunning himself outside a house about 200 meters from me.

When I went to call to the people that lived in the house they weren't there, so I called back that evening and they were a lovely polish family and brought me in for tea and showed me my cat lying on their bed fast asleep.

They said they had fallen in love with him because he would just come and go as he pleases and he has a great temperament. They said that they brought him to the vet and got him his jabs and he was very well looked after. So I left the cat with them and he is now living in Poland as they've moved back there and I get emails with pictures on his progress in Poland from them every now and then.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭aonb

One of my cats HIDES a treat when given it, if she doesnt want it - I find this really funny - didnt know cats were inclined to do that.... dogs yes... If I give her her favourite treat, on "her" armchair - she has a blanket on top of the chair, she will hide the treat under the blanket! :):)

Anyone having issues with Zooplus recently?
    I did a catfood order on the 10th & an email on the 11th saying it had been delayed. That's grannd, no bother for me. I then got an email confirmation to say it was dispatched on the 12th.
    Followed by an email today saying
    service@zooplus.ie
    10:01 (7 hours ago)

to me

Dear Ms Haywire,

We are writing to confirm receipt and we have applied the relevant credit to your account.

Order: 148822547

Articles:

*cat food list*

Credit 62.98 EUR.

Please notify us as to whether you prefer a replacement or a refund.

Thank you for your assistance.

Sincerely,
    Your zooplus Service Team

What's going on?!:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Anyone having issues with Zooplus recently?
    I did a catfood order on the 10th & an email on the 11th saying it had been delayed. That's grannd, no bother for me. I then got an email confirmation to say it was dispatched on the 12th.
    Followed by an email today saying

What's going on?!:pac:

oooh!! Did you track it? ...or even get a tracking number(!)

tk123 wrote: »
    oooh!! Did you track it? ...or even get a tracking number(!)

I've a tracking number but nothing is showing up except that it's with DPD, which confounds things further!!

Maybe it was damaged or returned to them?

Maybe it was damaged or returned to them?

That could be it? I've no log in details to that account I paid out of which is annoying so can't see if a refund was made. I do have DPD''s delivery guys phone number. But as i've got no email from them he can't have it yet.

Prob best if I shoot them an email to see I guess. I hadn't thought about damage.

My sister lives abroad and she was just telling me about something that happened her friend over there..

So her friend has a large dog, he's 9 months old and stunning but they have some concerns about his hips, so they made the decision not to neuter him until he's at least 18 months, maybe 2 years. He was booked in this week for an x-ray on his hips and there was a mix up with the booking and the vet neutered him instead!!!! Can you imagine?? They're so upset. I'm upset for them tbh! What a thing to happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,929 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

That's disgraceful :(

That's disgraceful :(

Yup :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭em_cat

Poor Mr C has a loose tooth and is booked in for his second dental...

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭Taiga

I never realised how truly mental terriers were until I walked my neighbours greyhound for her over the weekend. I was a bit nervous as he's a large specimen of a canine but crikey the calmness of him! Walked calmly on the lead, no problem with my mad little yoke jumping at him and trying his best to get at random crows, a pleasure really.

BuileBeag that's terrible! Poor dog. Your sister's friend must be livid.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Losing it ! :eek:

Between the sudden cold weather and a relapse of the CFS/ME...

Was chatting to one of the black young cats who was on my bed y;day. Just.. cat chat... YOU knows.. nattering away..

Then I stretched out my hand to pet her... to find it was a huge ball of black wool not a cat....

I mean really there is no hope!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,231 ✭✭✭jellybear

Just a little heads up that the A&P Secret Santa will be back again this year :) I'll be posting all details in a new thread next Friday, November 1st :)
    For anyone unfamiliar with it, here's a link to last years thread :)
    https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057924870/1/#post108505015

• Registered Users Posts: 7,929 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

That's a cool/lovely idea!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭aonb

Graces7 wrote: »

Was chatting to one of the black young cats who was on my bed y;day. Just.. cat chat... YOU knows.. nattering away..

Then I stretched out my hand to pet her... to find it was a huge ball of black wool not a cat....

:):):):):D:D:D:D Did you not wonder that the conversation was a bit one sided?!?!? :D:D:D

Hope youre feeling a bit better xx

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭em_cat

Graces7 wrote: »

Hehehe gave me a good giggle... hope you feel a bit better soon. Chronic pain is a real PIA!

aonb wrote: »
    :):):):):D:D:D:D Did you not wonder that the conversation was a bit one sided?!?!? :D:D:D

Hope youre feeling a bit better xx

lol// I had youtube on! Just a surprise to find myself touching cold yarn rather than warm cat!

and for my age etc I am doing grand. As long as I have shelter and food - my knitting etc and above all my five cats...

It is just a year since Scallywag, my dog, and Beata cat, both seniors, died the same weekend and my family urged me to seek out three more rescue cats. Does not stop the pain of it but soothes to know that these three young street rescues are safe and healing. And a delight for me.

They have each come on hugely in their different ways. The scaredy cat who was terrified of doors? Treats them with great disdain now but still approaches in a circuitous way.. She sits near me, telling me her life story with those great golden eyes and pink mouth in a black face. The part oriental is sheer delight; smooth and sleek and loving. Oliver is a nut case! Food obsessed and never still . All three so attached; they can be out of sight when I emerge from the dwelling, then suddenly there they all are. Following me down the lanes.

Always cats and dogs to be cared for - and to help us in that need.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

Got lady Sybil spayed yesterday, she's 17 months and they did keyhole spay and fixed her little hernia (the button, which we always hoped was the off switch) she's still sleepy, obviously sore, but pretty good.
    I feel bad for her, but I know she'll be back to her crazy self shortly.
    Cone of shame came off in 2 mins, blow up collar lasted a bit longer, problem with head not being much bigger than neck, but she's not been at the wound so far.

mymo wrote: »
    Got lady Sybil spayed yesterday, she's 17 months and they did keyhole spay and fixed her little hernia (the button, which we always hoped was the off switch) she's still sleepy, obviously sore, but pretty good.
    I feel bad for her, but I know she'll be back to her crazy self shortly.
    Cone of shame came off in 2 mins, blow up collar lasted a bit longer, problem with head not being much bigger than neck, but she's not been at the wound so far.

Lucy was around the same age. She scratched at her tummy where she was shaved (not the wound) ... they blamed me as I didn't take a cone for her - we have an inflatable and her brother is terrified of plastic cones lol! ... the cone would have to have been around her was it to stop her scratching there :rolleyes::p. I put a tshirt on her after that!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

Lucy was around the same age. She scratched at her tummy where she was shaved (not the wound) ... they blamed me as I didn't take a cone for her - we have an inflatable and her brother is terrified of plastic cones lol! ... the cone would have to have been around her was it to stop her scratching there :rolleyes::p. I put a tshirt on her after that!

She's licking the shaved belly, not near the stitch but stops when I tell her, she's so hairy it's odd seeing the pink belly ðŸ˜

• Advertisement

With the cold weather my cats have become food machines! Hoovering it up fast. One of the new ones has a way of literally climbing up my back as I am cutting chicken up, wailing pitifully. HUGE eyes! As if she had not eaten for weeks!

Advertisement