Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Forum Chit-Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Hoping to surface more fully today as I need to prepare for the feast... Been badly all week.. ah well! Deeply thankflu for a safe house, a warm bed and a multitude of cats to keep me alert and warm

Oliver has a new name.. " NO!"

And Tonto is a joy. I thought he had something wrong with his back legs, then realised he is so totally feral that he is scared out in the open so is trying to stay as near the ground as he can

His trust in me is an honour..

em_cat wrote: »
    Ha I know the feeling. So pooped that I to send hubby into yas to get Bea & Herms hay cause i just couldn’t bring myself to pop in. Here’s hoping everyone has a very happy Christmas and a fabulous New Years! See yas in the new year :)

So zonked I thought that was the name of a shop I had not heard of :rolleyes: Go back to sleep Graces!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭Fakediamond

Graces7 wrote: »
    So zonked I thought that was the name of a shop I had not heard of :rolleyes: Go back to sleep Graces!

Must be an age thing Graces7, I thought it was the name of special hay for piggies :D:D

Must be an age thing Graces7, I thought it was the name of special hay for piggies :D:D

roflol!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,948 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

Is it not? What is it then? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,231 ✭✭✭jellybear

Is it not? What is it then? :confused:

They're her guinea pig's names :D

jellybear wrote: »
    They're her guinea pig's names :D

I googled Bea & Herms hay and everything and was so confused when nothing came up :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭em_cat

This is tooo funny thanks for the giggles... I sometimes refer to them as B&H, my furry f*gs as in furry cigarettes ( my Nan use to smoke B&H’s) .

Beatrice & Hermoine, but you’ve to say it like they do in Netflix’s The Windsor’s.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Knine

We have two Piggies & I can't even remember their names. I just call them Piggy.

If I called them by just piggie I’d be afraid Esmae would think they where for eating or thrashing as they’ve a fair few stuffed pigs :)

• Advertisement

Gosh, i had two piggies too back when i had a housefull of smallies and i knew all their names at the time but cant for the life of me remember their names now. They were great craic but they peed on me at least once a day. Theyd reverse in to crook of your elbow and leave a wet spot behind or if you were sitting down theyd climb on your shoulders and reverse into the crook of your neck and youd just feel the warm trickle running down your neck. It was always a coordinated effort, theyd do it at the same time, one on each side.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Knine

Another Issue is our Ringneck can do the Piggie Squeaks to perfection. So half the time I don't know who is whistling. They all live in the same room. The Ringneck will get into their cage too any chance he gets.

He stole a crunchie mini bar the other day & no way was he surrendering it & I have not mastering flying yet!

Neither of them do that, but I always have a cuddle type cup thing I made awhile back that they sit in on the sofa. Bea likes to lick my arm or top of my hand so if she stops I know she wants to go back home. Herm just gets fidgety & squeaks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭Fakediamond

I’d like to introduce Lily, a little rescue dog that has come my way. She is a work in progress at the moment, won’t allow touch, can’t put a lead on her or take her to see a vet. I do make life difficult for myself but I think you’ll agree that she is worth it!

750C2739-29B9-4EEE-8D50-C37544E4C8A4.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

Merry Christmas to you all :)

I’d like to introduce Lily, a little rescue dog that has come my way. She is a work in progress at the moment, won’t allow touch, can’t put a lead on her or take her to see a vet. I do make life difficult for myself but I think you’ll agree that she is worth it!

750C2739-29B9-4EEE-8D50-C37544E4C8A4.jpeg

Oh what a sweetie and THANK YOU. Yes more than worth it and so are you!

Christmas peace and blessings from this far flung speck of land out in the Atlantic!

Deeply peaceful this Christmas Day and even the crunching of raw turkey back has ceased! Says what my life is about that they get fed while the water is heating for my first coffee and HWB!;)

And of course Tonto has his share! Made him all twittipated .. danced n circles!

Joy to all! Peace to all! Have a wonderful day!

Well, what a start to the day!

I went outside to check the lights were looking bright and could not believe what I saw on the drive beyond the gate.... Oliver was running along and wee Tonto was running after him! really running, not skulking low to the ground. Just wonderful to see. Happy, sturdy little cat making friends, wanting company and to play.. Sitting here grinning... wonderful Christmas gift... really wonderful.

One of those "moments"! YOU know? Happy Christmas Tonto!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,570 ✭✭✭✭looksee

'I don't care if you have gone off that food, it's all that's on offer. And there's another eight cans to go since you said you liked it'.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

Have to break it to the cats and dogs that the last of the turkey is going in a stir fry later.
    I'll have 6 sad beggar's everytime I go to the fridge

• Advertisement

lol.. I did not cook the whole bird; jointed it and cooked the breast meat... Now I have great chunks frozen... A leg and wing defrosting now. We finished the Christmas prt y'day; plated and froze one meal.

They will feast later..

;
    mymo wrote: »
    Have to break it to the cats and dogs that the last of the turkey is going in a stir fry later.
    I'll have 6 sad beggar's everytime I go to the fridge

There was a loud and vociferous cat fight outside when it was still dark. I went out with the big torch in my nightie in a fierce wind but could not get near the source of the din... Oliver has blood on his neck but I cannot find any wound so it must be someone else's... bathed the area anyways. Needless to say the girls and Boycat were all indoors. Men! I need to concoct a powerful water pistol ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

Graces7 wrote: »
    lol.. I did not cook the whole bird; jointed it and cooked the breast meat... Now I have great chunks frozen... A leg and wing defrosting now. We finished the Christmas prt y'day; plated and froze one meal.

They will feast later..

;

I do the same, half left in freezer for new years day

• Registered Users Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭aonb

My little nutty bantams - my first 'flock' of bantams, only ever had hens, these yokes are complete nutters, dont seem to know how to 'hen' at all - I should have taken a mother bantam with them, they were feathered chicks when I took them - drive me up the wall they're so wild and stupid, but they are SO pretty :D Anyway, have had them since August, and on Christmas Day got two eggs - their first :):):) Perfect timing!!

aonb wrote: »
    My little nutty bantams - my first 'flock' of bantams, only ever had hens, these yokes are complete nutters, dont seem to know how to 'hen' at all - I should have taken a mother bantam with them, they were feathered chicks when I took them - drive me up the wall they're so wild and stupid, but they are SO pretty :D Anyway, have had them since August, and on Christmas Day got two eggs - their first :):):) Perfect timing!!

Brings back happy memories... Bantams are special and we always set eggs under them as they make superlative mothers. Birds of great character...I bet those eggs tasted great!

aonb wrote: »

Aww what a lovely Christmas gift! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,524 ✭✭✭Zapperzy

I've a cat who's actually afraid of her shadow! She found it this morning, got stranded on the backdoor mat and has been walking on eggshells since. Not sure how I'm gonna fix this one!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Bleh dreading later when the fireworks start later.. a bit concerned what will happen as Lucy isn't here to comfort Bailey :( He'd normally sleep upstairs and she'd be next to him! :(:(

tk123 wrote: »
    Bleh dreading later when the fireworks start later.. a bit concerned what will happen as Lucy isn't here to comfort Bailey :( He'd normally sleep upstairs and she'd be next to him! :(:(

Oh TK its terrible here already with the added noise of the Garda sirens as they’ve now decided to up their presence in our area. Was lucky to get a Esmae out for a pretty long full on walk & a good chase with a lovely oldie GSD we know plus a bath because she smelled like a tripe filled swamp :(

I hope it’s not too stressful for you & Bailey, do you have anything that smells of her to help him stay calm if possible?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭Taiga

A fair few went off in my area earlier. I was walking my fella when they started and I was amazed to see they didn't faze him one bit!

Traffic is still a big problem though. I'm lucky there are fields and a little wood behind my estate as I'd be pretty limited otherwise.

Happy New Year everybody. Here's to a great year petwise for us all.x

Advertisement