Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Forum Chit-Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭Taiga

I may, or may not have expressed an interest in a doggy I spotted at the rescue where I got my Mac from. They may or may not have contacted me back straight away. She's roughly 8 months old, a jrt. She's being chipped, vaccinated and possibly spayed before release. It all depends now on how my little nutter and herself get on.

I may or may not have fcekin' lost it.:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Choc Chip

Taiga wrote: »
    I may, or may not have expressed an interest in a doggy I spotted at the rescue where I got my Mac from. They may or may not have contacted me back straight away. She's roughly 8 months old, a jrt. She's being chipped, vaccinated and possibly spayed before release. It all depends now on how my little nutter and herself get on.

I may or may not have fcekin' lost it.:D

Do it, do it, do it!!! :D

Help me, help me, help me!!!:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Keeping track of six cats on these dark stormy days and nights keeps me alert. I do a count frequently. Like to know where everyone is. … Jacob goes missing for 24 hours at a time but always comes home finally for food. They all drift in and out. Currently three abed with me, one in the kitchen , Tonto and one other outside.

As I was eating my Sunday dinner in front of the laptop, I became aware I was being watched ,, YOU know! That feeling.... And there it was,, a large golden eye unblinking at the edge of the screen.. Then 2 more appeared.. You never eat alone with a cat or 2 around

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭em_cat

Graces7 wrote: »
    As I was eating my Sunday dinner in front of the laptop, I became aware I was being watched ,, YOU know! That feeling.... And there it was,, a large golden eye unblinking at the edge of the screen.. Then 2 more appeared.. You never eat alone with a cat or 2 around

Ha, same in ours except 2 dogs & the piggies. I eat a lot of fruit & veggies so it can get pretty creepy at times :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Airyfairy12

This is totally random but just really needed to put this out there as when I say this to people in real life they look at me like im a crazy cat woman but I dont care, my cat is the cutest little ball of fluff. He honestly brings so much light and joy into my life. He follows me everywhere, comes when I call him, knows his own name as he responds to it, he does this cute little hop up and down the stairs, almost tripped going up the stairs yesterday, slid backwards a little took a little 3 second break then continued to hop, like a little rabbit, up the stairs.
    He understands everything thats going on around him.
    I dont understand why people dont like cats, especially when theyre neutered theyre the most lovable animals.

Aww that's lovely Airy, she sounds gorgeous. Would love to see a pic. I never bonded too much with cats, only because I'm allergic and can't get too close. I've fed a fair few strays in my time. They look right into your soul, don't they?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,617 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Our first cat Pangur has a fungal nail infection for the past number of months so we've been cleaning her nails twice a week with hibiscrub and it is just torture for us all. This has gotten us nowhere so over the last week the vet has suggested trying anti fungal cream once a day as well. I am in such bad form today because we've just been torturing the poor cat for the last 5 days to get the cream on her paws. I feel so fukcing terrible for hurting her. Last night we had to clean the paws and put the cream on and she was so uncomfortable it was just heartbreaking.

Our prospective new addition was spayed on Monday so hopefully we get to meet her next Tuesday. I'm mentally prepared for any outcome but it would be wonderful if it works out. I'm getting a stair gate to block the kitchen/living room to give them space from each other. Well, to give her space, he thinks every living thing loves him and wants to play.

I hope it works out guys!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭Fakediamond

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    Our first cat Pangur has a fungal nail infection for the past number of months so we've been cleaning her nails twice a week with hibiscrub and it is just torture for us all. This has gotten us nowhere so over the last week the vet has suggested trying anti fungal cream once a day as well. I am in such bad form today because we've just been torturing the poor cat for the last 5 days to get the cream on her paws. I feel so fukcing terrible for hurting her. Last night we had to clean the paws and put the cream on and she was so uncomfortable it was just heartbreaking.

Would you consider dipping her feet in a basin of diluted apple cider vinegar? It’s a known treatment for nail fungus. Probably easier than applying something!

That stuff is magic. It perfectly removed a stubborn wart from my daughter's leg some years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭Lady Haywire

I've used bluestone on my cat before, cured up a fungal skin issue. It's used a lot in farming so thought I'd give it a shot! Now I'm no vet but it seemed to do the trick very quickly.
    Perhaps ask a vet about using it?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,617 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Would you consider dipping her feet in a basin of diluted apple cider vinegar? It’s a known treatment for nail fungus. Probably easier than applying something!
    Just dip the paws? We could try it. Thanks for the suggestion.
    I've used bluestone on my cat before, cured up a fungal skin issue. It's used a lot in farming so thought I'd give it a shot! Now I'm no vet but it seemed to do the trick very quickly.
    Perhaps ask a vet about using it?

We're using Canesten cream at the moment which seems to be working. The vet has suggested keeping it going for another 2 weeks to see if it clears it up. But she did say that fungal infections were a nightmare to get rid of. I'll check with her about the Bluestone if we get nowhere with the Canesten.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭Fakediamond

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    Just dip the paws? We could try it. Thanks for the suggestion.

We're using Canesten cream at the moment which seems to be working. The vet has suggested keeping it going for another 2 weeks to see if it clears it up. But she did say that fungal infections were a nightmare to get rid of. I'll check with her about the Bluestone if we get nowhere with the Canesten.
    Yes, I would just dip her paws daily in apple cider vinegar diluted in tepid water. Get the good stuff in the health food shop.

Tonto the little starved cat I welcomed here goes from strength to strength! He is a companion cat outside; attaches to me as soon as I appear, talks to me , wraps round my ankles...Follows me.. I can stroke him now; wiry hard outdoors fur.

Watching him eat is a wonderful thing! He picks a piece from the dish, sets it on the floor, eats it so elegantly, then goes back to the dish . With his back to me, so trusting now.

Thank you Tonto! For your love and your neediness

• Registered Users Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭aonb

Tonto the little starved cat I welcomed here goes from strength to strength! He is a companion cat outside; attaches to me as soon as I appear, talks to me , wraps round my ankles...Follows me.. I can stroke him now; wiry hard outdoors fur.

Watching him eat is a wonderful thing! He picks a piece from the dish, sets it on the floor, eats it so elegantly, then goes back to the dish . With his back to me, so trusting now.

Thank you Tonto! For your love and your neediness

Handsome and VERY LUCKY boy :)
    Its so lovely when you tame and home a feral -

aonb wrote: »
    Handsome and VERY LUCKY boy :)
    Its so lovely when you tame and home a feral -

Thank you; but those feral eyes! My only regret is that I cannot let him into the house, entire as he is.

I was not expecting him to love like this. Just was happy to feed him. Thinking back I am so blessed in the cats that are here after that dreadful weekend when Scallywag, my dog, and Beata cat died. Both old but so unexpected, and shocking. The three street cats I took in from Sligo are all different and all stars. I am so much abed these days and always a cat or two with me.

Here he is again; fell asleep reading...Jacob of course..

I love that picture asleep at the books Graces.

We collected our latest charge today. They loved each other instantly. They've played crazily all day, except periods of forced separation thanks to our borrowed baby gate.
    She's pushed him out of his bed a few times just because she wanted it and he was such a gent, he just let her.
    They're finding their way. He's a little put out at times but taking it in his stride and she's a brave little thing. Not easy on either of them but they're off to a great start.

Fingers crossed they'll settle well and she'll be a keeper.

• Advertisement

Tonto BIT me! He was behind me and got so excited he nipped my ankle...I was unprepared and yelled, and he vanished!
    I think where he was before he got yelled at a lot, poor lad.

I have since apologised! he is so affectionate and needy.

Happy cats as I am sitting abed waiting for the ferry to arrive; with my supplies. Late as there was a funeral today and they were planning to postpone the shopping trip a day or more, but then saw the forecast. Half asleep and the cats are fully asleep... Supply night is raw chicken night..gentle snores ...

Six very happy cats and silence except for the crunching of raw chicken legs... the shopping came and they sent whiskas instead of supervalu … all rushed today as needed to get deliveries before Storm Ciara... ….

This is absolutely awful.
    https://www.donedeal.ie/cats-for-sale/maine-coon-1year-8months-old-female/23325441

"Only reason I'm selling her is I'm getting the house renovated and I've no where to put her ! "

I cant believe how people can sell their pets,especially with a lame reason like this.
    Disgusting.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Choc Chip

This is absolutely awful.

"Only reason I'm selling her is I'm getting the house renovated and I've no where to put her ! "

I cant believe how people can sell their pets,especially with a lame reason like this.
    Disgusting.

I can't get over the fact that the owner seems to think their cat is female and all the documentation describes it as male.

And the age in the ad doesn't match the documents. And... the address doesn't match the seller location.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,948 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

A while ago I posted that I had a forum request in for a meditation and relaxation techniques forum. It has been approved as an extension of the existing yoga and pilates forum. We are waiting on a name change and the forum will be moved from sports to rec (I think). I've just been made a mod there as the previous mod had stepped down. I hope some of you will mosey on over for a look. Feel free to post your thoughts on any of the new topics there.

My two charges could do with a mosey on that forum Cherry. I'll certainly have a look, you can't go wrong with a bit of relaxation.

So things are going great here. I'd been advised by some not to take on another, advised by others to go ahead and give it a go. I understand the reasoning behind both.

So far it's working out. It's not much more work than it was with one. Mainly because Kobi is such an energetic little fella anyway. He loves her, and she seems to love him. They play very well together and share toys well. I'm still feeding them separately as I suspect stealing of food would not go down well with either party.

They're great together on walks. Both dog and child friendly. She's tiny, smaller than him. A little pocket rocket. We've called her Izzy and she already responds to her name.

At the moment she's snoozing on hubby's lap in one room and he's snoozing on mine here. We had to separate them due to extended zoomies that are hilarious to watch but sometimes you have to know when to chill.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭aonb

Six very happy cats and silence except for the crunching of raw chicken legs... the shopping came and they sent whiskas instead of supervalu … all rushed today as needed to get deliveries before Storm Ciara... ….

Hope you're not too badly impacted by the coming storm Graces7. Stay safe and warm!

aonb wrote: »
    Hope you're not too badly impacted by the coming storm Graces7. Stay safe and warm!

Ah thanks! It has been bad out here today; and they say orange gales during the night ( marine forecasts apply here) but am all organised... Just one cat still out and all is inside now and sorted. Food and fuel piled up in here! It has become routine this winter.

This one is coming down via Newfoundland and BC where I have family.They are getting feet of snow so we are easier than that.

Stay safe all out there..

• Advertisement

Are your cats weather reactive? Mine are. At least the three new ones who were street cats before I took them in. They are refusing to come in/stay in when the weather is like this. There is abundant snug shelter in the old sheds but I would be happier if they were in.

I am abed with my 2 old ones... Tonto is crying outside as usual; given him so much food he will crash and sleep. One of the newbies came in crying, ate then cried to go out.

Advertisement