Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Forum Chit-Chat Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Just ejected Selkie for peeing in a bag of knitting yarn! :eek: She usually tells me when she wants out....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭VonVix

Graces7 wrote: »
    Just ejected Selkie for peeing in a bag of knitting yarn! :eek: She usually tells me when she wants out....

Urinary tract infection maybe? Some animals are inclined to pee on soft things if they have a UTI. Or she's upset over something lol.

[Dog Training + Behaviour Nerd]

VonVix wrote: »
    Urinary tract infection maybe? Some animals are inclined to pee on soft things if they have a UTI. Or she's upset over something lol.

Nah! Just blowing a gale! She IS upset now! There is a litter tray handy.. By now they are usually in the kitchen for the night and have a corner there. Ah well! What is a pee between purrs! It was the actual plastic bag she zapped most.

I have a small mystery!

Can anyone tell me how when in full light I am standing at the door calling eg Selkie, who I know is outside, I glance over my shoulder and see her tail vanishing into the kitchen? It is getting quite unnerving ;)

Tonto just blew his chances of an indoor life! I was outside with a mug of coffee and he was buzzing around chatting as usual. Then he went and sprayed the gas cylinder... Sigh.. Had never seen him do that before. .

As he is " owned" by the ferryman I cannot get him fixed.

Sorry , wee laddie!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Normally I despise people who dress up their dogs.

I'll make an exception in this case :D

2594873-7b25773268dacaff275a7975f107a4d3.jpg

Back in storm mode out here. Not seen Tonto for 36 hours which shows how bad the weather is; he hates storms.

Just fed all the others copiously on raw chicken; they will sleep warm now. So bitterly cold this morning. Boycat insisted on coming under the covers and we are keeping each other snug. He burrows like a rabbit! Head down, backside up!

Tonto emerged. Ate ravenously and is now away sleeping it off...

Heartsink time earlier. Tonto was slow to come to me and I could not see his eyes open. When I got nearer, one was part open and the other closed; not cat flu but clearly been beaten up and I know who did it. He has eaten a little but is not happy, and I cannot yet handle him. He was so slow to come to me.

He has gone to earth now. left half his food. Will see later .

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭Taiga

Ah no Graces, I hope poor Tonto is ok.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭Fakediamond

Poor Tonto. It’s such a pity you can’t get him neutered, you could really bring him into the fold then and take care of him. I hope he’ll be ok :(

• Advertisement

re tonto; please see other thread ; thank you

The sweetness of cats! One of the younger rescues, long haired, the one who was terrified of doors, loves to wander.

I heard her at the door, calling for food. By the time I opened the door, she had gone

I called her and in the distance this black furry shape appeared, racing to me at great speed... So eager and lovely.. Gave me such solace!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

Hope you're stocked up and safe Grace's, looks like another bad weekend on the way.

mymo wrote: »
    Hope you're stocked up and safe Grace's, looks like another bad weekend on the way.

Ah many thanks and yes. I am permanently stocked up! The red alerts on the weather forum turn my insides inside out,

At least this one is shortlived; Dennis overstayed by a long way

Much the same in many places...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

So went walkies early this morning, blue sky and sunshine, and again around lunchtime as wind was picking up, everyone in, stove lit, candles ready, and just a bit of a breeze, no worse than other wintery days.
    Hope everyone else is safe and warm.

mymo wrote: »
    So went walkies early this morning, blue sky and sunshine, and again around lunchtime as wind was picking up, everyone in, stove lit, candles ready, and just a bit of a breeze, no worse than other wintery days.
    Hope everyone else is safe and warm.

It was bad out here but it was always to be a coastal event. marine forecasts apply out here and they went to red alert and stayed there... added was the hail and hard rain and that went on a lot of the night.

Just calming now I have Boycat under the bedclothes, Jacob and Selkie on the bed , Bella tucked under my shoulder ad Oliver asleep in the kitchen.. all full of raw chicken,,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

I think everyone else in the house is regretting us getting a smart tv in the last few months because I’ve had the Crufts YouTube stream on non stop for the last two days :D I may be disowned and single by the end of this weekend :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,524 ✭✭✭Zapperzy

I think everyone else in the house is regretting us getting a smart tv in the last few months because I’ve had the Crufts YouTube stream on non stop for the last two days :D I may be disowned and single by the end of this weekend :pac:

First year in a long time I've actually not been following it! I heard there was a ruccus over a bulldog with a skin infection

Jacob cat came in with bloodmarked ears :mad:

He is twice the size of wee Tonto but got cornered and bashed all the same.

Thankfully he also has thicker fur/skin so damage is superficial.

Stinkertom's technique...corner 'em and wallop ..:(

Jacob crept under my bedclothes for comfort...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

Zapperzy wrote: »
    First year in a long time I've actually not been following it! I heard there was a ruccus over a bulldog with a skin infection

All I’ve heard about it was what was said on the telly, that is wasn’t passed by the vet check to get into the group ring. Think the same thing happened today with the Dogue De Bordeaux but didn’t hear the reason why. I’m happy to see it happen though, hate to think of any dog who might be sick or in discomfort getting through!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭em_cat

My two lurves the agility & Flyball heats, soo much I ended up creating a diy Flyball for Esmae, she finally understands she’s to leave one to get one. I do have to keep it on mute though as the barking sets off our neighbours dog.

It's so hard to find people you can actually say certain things to... Such inappropriate things going on at home! Our kitten is in heat. Her spay is booked for Friday, but she came into heat on Sunday. I have never experienced this wailing before! My last queen kitten never came into heat and all my other cats were toms. We discovered that scratching her in what my English friend calls "the rogering spot" stops her screaming for a while. Basically I am sexually satisfying my six month old kitten. It's disturbing, but oh it gets worse. So much worse. She presented herself to my 8 month old Newfie, who did what dogs do best and stuck his nose right up there and started licking. And the cat loved it. My friend told me I could sell that stuff for hundreds. Having had the live show I am quite sure I have been changed as a person forever. I don't know if I should laugh or cry.

It's so hard to find people you can actually say certain things to... Such inappropriate things going on at home! Our kitten is in heat. Her spay is booked for Friday, but she came into heat on Sunday. I have never experienced this wailing before! My last queen kitten never came into heat and all my other cats were toms. We discovered that scratching her in what my English friend calls "the rogering spot" stops her screaming for a while. Basically I am sexually satisfying my six month old kitten. It's disturbing, but oh it gets worse. So much worse. She presented herself to my 8 month old Newfie, who did what dogs do best and stuck his nose right up there and started licking. And the cat loved it. My friend told me I could sell that stuff for hundreds. Having had the live show I am quite sure I have been changed as a person forever. I don't know if I should laugh or cry.

Oh thank you! I really needed to laugh! Tears streaming here! Been there! With a Siamese!

Amazes me how much rainwater one long haired cat can gather on his coat... before he tries to get into bed with you... :eek:

Anyone else's cats affected by the weather?

Mine are cuckoo... Last evening in the dark and wild wind I spent a futile half hour outside trying to get Jacob down from the roof.. I do not think cats CAN see in the dark.... He sat there above the door, yelling fit to bust.. And Tonto winding tightly around my ankles...

Jacob is still out! And with an orange gale warning in full spate.. AH WELL! That is all I can say OH Well!,

In for a wild day out here. Well stocked so all is well. Stay safe all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

i'm half afraid to ask this.....but......can domestic animals dogs & cats get the coronavirus? or carry the virus?

fryup wrote: »
    i'm half afraid to ask this.....but......can domestic animals dogs & cats get the coronavirus? or carry the virus?

Apparently not. They can test positive for it but cannot transmit it or suffer from it.

I would think though, if I had covid19 and sneezed on my dog, then you patted his head, well he's not sterile so....

fryup wrote: »

Nah The World Health Organization says no. As does the Royal Veterinary College. Of course as Budgese says if you have it and sneeze on your dog then it will sit on them like any other surface. Just as if you sneeze on your own arm it will sit on it.

So if you're touching strange surfaces or indeed strange animals, wash your hands before you start touching your face. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,524 ✭✭✭Zapperzy

There's a lot of stuff out of stock on zooplus. That's the only place I can get my cats normal food, one of them is very fussy about what she eats and I've about a 3 weeks supply left. I'll keep an eye on it see if it comes back in but I assume if Germany implement a lockdown then they're warehousing and distribution will be hit. My cats won't starve but the smell out of their trays will be something else if they switch to aldi's finest. Not the end of the world in the grand scheme of things.

May be something to keep in mind if anyones got pets on prescription foods or therapeutic diets.

• Advertisement

Thankfully we got the dog's food in last week, we get three weeks out of it so fingers crossed he'll be ok. The cats can go back on the Go Cat if needs be, they will eat it but they get disgustingly fat on it. They won't even eat the Aldi food!

Advertisement