Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Close account

Options
  • 26-10-2018 3:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭

Hi, 

I left the country on 15th September and I would like to close my account (I didn't do it earlier as I was expecting a payment).

Is there any way to cancel my account from outside of Ireland? I can see this form online (I closed my other account that way, but I don't know if I need to get something on the post after):
    https://form.bankofireland.com/personal-banking/bank/current-accounts/account-closure-form/

Thank you

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 490 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Jennifer

diyeys wrote: »
    Hi, 

I left the country on 15th September and I would like to close my account (I didn't do it earlier as I was expecting a payment).

Is there any way to cancel my account from outside of Ireland? I can see this form online (I closed my other account that way, but I don't know if I need to get something on the post after):
    https://form.bankofireland.com/personal-banking/bank/current-accounts/account-closure-form/

Thank you

Hi There,

Thanks for reaching out to us here. The Account Closure form online would only be available if the contact details on the account have not changed. However you can send a written request to your account holding branch requesting for the account to be closed. We would ask that you include as much information as possible including an active account for any remaining funds to be transferred to. Please feel free to get in touch if there is anything else we can help you with.

Thanks Jen

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭diyeys

Thanks Jen.

I closed one of the accounts via the online form and it is not showing up anymore on boi online. However, my contact details indeed had changed by the time I cancelled that account, how do I go about that one? Should I also send a written request even if boi online says its closed?

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 490 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Jennifer

Thanks Jen.

I closed one of the accounts via the online form and it is not showing up anymore on boi online. However, my contact details indeed had changed by the time I cancelled that account, how do I go about that one? Should I also send a written request even if boi online says its closed?

Thanks

Thanks for coming back to us here. If you can no longer see the account online then this account would have been closed as per your request. For the account that is still open the best option would be to send the written request to your account holding branch to ensure that the account is closed as in some instances when the online form is filled in a confirmation letter is sent. 

Thanks Jen

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭diyeys

Thanks Jen.

Thanks

Thanks for coming back to us here. If you can no longer see the account online then this account would have been closed as per your request. For the account that is still open the best option would be to send the written request to your account holding branch to ensure that the account is closed as in some instances when the online form is filled in a confirmation letter is sent. 

Thanks Jen
    Thank you very much, appreciate the help.

Advertisement