Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Product key

Options
  • 26-10-2018 4:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28,481 ✭✭✭✭

I have a legit copy of Photoshop elements which I purchased on disk. Unfortunately the disk is in storage at the moment with most of the rest of my belongings.

I just purchased a new laptop and the contents of the old laptop were ported across. Photoshop only went across as a trial though, and the trial has now run out. I think/hope if I had the key I could activate the program. Is there any way of finding the product key on the old laptop?

I could get back to the shop that ported the stuff for me but its a good distance away and its bank holiday weekend etc. Any suggestions? TIA.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

A keyfinder might work, depends if there was a challenge code generated based on the laptop hardware

https://www.lifewire.com/free-product-key-finder-programs-2625119

• Registered Users Posts: 28,481 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Thanks for that, yes I continued to google and realised I am not going to do it without a downloaded bit of software. Since I am not savvy enough to know which downloaded stuff will find keys and which will root through my computer I am not going to risk it :D Thanks though.

Advertisement