Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Open 2019, Park and ride from Ennis?

Options
  • 26-10-2018 4:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭

Anyone know if there may be a park and ride or a bus running from Ennis to Lahinch next July? I mean parking will be crazy in the village if the expected crowds are big. Taking the car seems like a nightmare.

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,987 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Surely they’ll have a field or two opened and some sort of circular one way system in and out.....

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭BIGT4464

No doubt they will have a one way system and lots of parking, but I don't want to bring the car.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭Johnny_Fontane

Cycle!

Fly in and out.

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭Dero123

Can’t see where you would park there so would imagine there will be big push on park n ride somewhere. I wonder will they cap the attendance per day like they did in Ballybunion back in 2000

• Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭billy3sheets

The big bottleneck will be Ennistymon, particularly the narrow bridge, on the main road to Lahinch. Roads are narrow all around there and not great options for bypasses or one-ways. I guess they'll figure it out somehow.

• Advertisement
Advertisement