Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheap external speaker suggestions...?

• 26-10-2018 4:53pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭

I note that you can buy bluetooth speakers in the likes of Dunnes and Aldi for a few Euros.

Any suggestions on one that might be worth considering?

I'm looking for something that I can listen to radio/music on while I work, without having to resort to headphones.

Thanks!

D.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭MAJJ

Dinarius wrote: »
    I note that you can buy bluetooth speakers in the likes of Dunnes and Aldi for a few Euros.

Any suggestions on one that might be worth considering?

I'm looking for something that I can listen to radio/music on while I work, without having to resort to headphones.

Thanks!

D.

The Anker range are good and have a few different price points.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

MAJJ wrote: »
    The Anker range are good and have a few different price points.

Was going to suggest the same. Look them up on Amazon and you should find a good one at a reasonable price

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭Eire Go Brach

Yeh Anker all the way. I have loads of of there products. Very happy with them.
    They do a lot of deals on Amazon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭Dinarius

Just bought one of these at Bose in Dundrum.

https://www.bose.ie/en_ie/products/speakers_outlet/soundlink-mini-ii-fr.html

Absolute bargain for what I think will become a design classic.

It says Sold Out on the link, but they have a batch in black or grey - none of the moss-green left.

I’ve always wanted one - they used to be €250+ only two years ago - and couldn’t resist.

They are factory-refurbished, not new. But, they come cellophane-sealed with a full 12 month warranty. In effect they are new.

Listening to it now via my iPhone. Gorgeous!

Bargain!

D.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭Type 17

I listen to internet radio at work through an old iPad connected (Bluetooth) to an Anker Soundcore - perfect for speech/music.

I have a Soundcore 2 for home use, as it's waterproof enough to listen to in a steamy shower :) Better bass than the original Soundcore.

I was given a present of a Sony SRS-XB21 (similar size, more expensive), but I found the battery life to be shorter, and it's too bass-y to listen to speech at relatively low volume (good for outdoors and parties, though).

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Dinarius wrote: »
    Just bought one of these at Bose in Dundrum.

https://www.bose.ie/en_ie/products/speakers_outlet/soundlink-mini-ii-fr.html

Absolute bargain for what I think will become a design classic.
    I bought one of these for myself for Christmas two years ago, and if my house was on fire I'd run in to save it. Lovely piece of kit. Was unsure how much I'd use it, but our home has turned into flash dance central since I got it. We take it away on holidays too and long trips in the car.

The Soundlink Mini III is awfully designed compared to the II. The original brick shape is solid, secure and feels crafted from rock.

Pretty sure I paid 200 in Jan 2017 in Dundrum. Still worth whatever they're charging.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

The UE Boom 2 is on offer on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07J36VFFQ/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_Ieq.BbTQNNEVW

I have the UE Megaboom and love it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭Dinarius

Dades wrote: »
    I bought one of these for myself for Christmas two years ago, and if my house was on fire I'd run in to save it. Lovely piece of kit. Was unsure how much I'd use it, but our home has turned into flash dance central since I got it. We take it away on holidays too and long trips in the car.

The Soundlink Mini III is awfully designed compared to the II. The original brick shape is solid, secure and feels crafted from rock.

Pretty sure I paid 200 in Jan 2017 in Dundrum. Still worth whatever they're charging.

TBH, the design is one of the reasons I bought it. It’s a classic.

Totally agree re the new design. Don’t like it.

The ll is built like a brick and looks gorgeous.

At €99, am thrilled with it.

D.

Advertisement