Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mobile phone accessories

Options
  • 26-10-2018 7:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭

Hello,

My father has a phone repair shop set up from home.
    He also sells charging leads, plugs, adaptors, screen protectors and what not..

I've recently left college and I want to do something to keep myself busy while I try and sort an apprenticeship, so I've been thinking of working my father.
    I already help with websites, facebook pages, logos and all of that anyway.

I've been looking into phone accessory wholesale, maybe setting up a small carousel or something like that to sell to shops, or set up a system with them.
    We already sell products to some local shops but there's more business out there.

I've been looking into bulk buying from our supplier already that wouldn't be an issue, I'd also have to rework the brand name etc.. source packaging and what not..

Any general advice on how to go about all of this?
    I've the better part of a business degree under my belt but it's not worth much to me other than I can do rudimental accounting.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

I'd be very vary of purchasing and holding stock. I would be more inclined to see if suppliers offer stock on consignment, so you pay for what you sell and within 60 days, return what you don't.

As for rebranding, that I'm sure would add to your expense and reduce your margin. Why not use the brand you're supplied with and reduce one expense at least?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

TheBiz wrote: »
    Hello,

My father has a phone repair shop set up from home.
    He also sells charging leads, plugs, adaptors, screen protectors and what not..

I've recently left college and I want to do something to keep myself busy while I try and sort an apprenticeship, so I've been thinking of working my father.
    I already help with websites, facebook pages, logos and all of that anyway.

I've been looking into phone accessory wholesale, maybe setting up a small carousel or something like that to sell to shops, or set up a system with them.
    We already sell products to some local shops but there's more business out there.

I've been looking into bulk buying from our supplier already that wouldn't be an issue, I'd also have to rework the brand name etc.. source packaging and what not..

Any general advice on how to go about all of this?
    I've the better part of a business degree under my belt but it's not worth much to me other than I can do rudimental accounting.

Applegreen and the indo group already have this going, they have the fulfilment, the delivery routes and the stock, not making much money off it either, its more a convenience to the stock they keep already.

Advertisement