Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

glenageary - Monkstown hockey club

• 26-10-2018 8:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭

hi - just wondering if there is a lot of noise from the hockey club at the Rathdown school and or issues with noise floodlights at night?

Comments

kevinc565 wrote: »
    hi - just wondering if there is a lot of noise from the hockey club at the Rathdown school and or issues with noise floodlights at night?

Not sure about noise, but the floodlights are very closely governed by planning regulations.

Presuming you mean the pitches at Rathdown school.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭kevinc565

yep, those pitches. Isn't there training nearly every night, presumably under flood lights? and it must get pretty noisy as well? Especially during competitive games?

Any ideas?

Nope.

Are you looking to buy in the area?

Yes, thinking about it. Hockey pitch and school playground worry me.

There’s hockey training every night - plus competitive games and the school yard..,

• Advertisement

kevinc565 wrote: »
    Yes, thinking about it. Hockey pitch and school playground worry me.

There’s hockey training every night - plus competitive games and the school yard..,

It would me as well.

The traffic all goes out through the school entrance so that shouldn’t be a problem and the school isn’t that big, so I can’t imagine they cause much noise. They don’t play hockey in the summer either, I believe Monkstown’s lease only operates between certain months, but there is a summer camp at the school.

Have you considered going along to watch a match on a Saturday afternoon to get a feel for how noisy it is?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

There's not going to be much of a crowd watching the games, usually just coaches and subs. If they have summer camps that could be noisy but not too much.
    I lived near Cuala in Dalkey and we never really heard much noise and there would often be massive numbers of kids playing there.
    The floodlights might be an issue if you're going to bed early or have kids doing same but some blackout blinds would help there, would be a very minor consideration in the grand scheme of things, if the house suits you otherwise I'd buy there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 255 ✭✭Thestones

My kid plays hockey there once a week, I don't think it's noisy, I don't know the schedule for how often or what times the pitches are used but it's not going to run really late, I'd imagine it's all over by latest 9pm?... I can't see what the issue is to be honest.

Advertisement