Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CCTV system - upload static or live images

Options
  • 27-10-2018 11:47am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭

Hello,

Looking for your advice here.

I need to setup as a hobby / project for a school a given a CCTV system (classic or IP) that will have a few cameras and DVR, with internet connection and a website (not setup yet) or a shared cloud storage.

I want to get the cameras to watch a birds nest, or maybe the sky day and night or the sun' set and rise.

Once I have the physical cabling element done...how do I get to see the content live online on a third party site or owner owned site … or ...just static pictures updated every few minutes as time lapse, in a nice quad window frame !?

Website needs to have some sort of security such as admin, guest or just live view from anywhere by anyone.

Project is a free gift, no revenue intended to be captured.
    Data protection at minimum as no humans will show on the cameras (except aliens and UFOs which do not fall under GDPR protection) .

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭rolion

ok...found something...

There is a QVIS camera that has FTP and/or browser upload integration.
    If i can design a html page with 4 split frames and "import" the stream of each camera individual and set it to be displayed inside that frame..i can have few cameras doing instant live or ... maybe do be btter static from an FTP site !?

Is an issue with live streaming,can the source of the IP/feed be traced back to original / initial IP address?
    I dont like anything going back to end user's router.
    Hmm...

Advertisement