Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 11 transfers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭Pogue eile

You might be saving by going for the cheaper options but you're missing out on points. Alonso is 21 points ahead of the nearest Chelsea defender, Robertson 15 ahead of the nearest Pool defender and missed a game. Mendy is only a point behind Laporte despite missing 3 games. I have all three and can fit in Salah, Hazard and Aguero. Not sure if the extra money saved and invested elsewhere would equal or yield more points than that.

Exactly and between the three they have 26 bps which is incredible considering the free scoring teams they are in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,427 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

You might be saving by going for the cheaper options but you're missing out on points. Alonso is 21 points ahead of the nearest Chelsea defender, Robertson 15 ahead of the nearest Pool defender and missed a game. Mendy is only a point behind Laporte despite missing 3 games. I have all three and can fit in Salah, Hazard and Aguero. Not sure if the extra money saved and invested elsewhere would equal or yield more points than that.

@extragavy read back through my original post on this, you haven’t been over the last few weeks, RAM is down versus four defenders all bought for 4.5 or under

Lot of group think here around RAM, here’s a counter argument.
    I looked back over the last four weeks, my back five are
    Doherty - Bennett - Duffy - AWB - Rico

So not even five starters, from the remaining four I only ever start three. Those three have gotten me 60pts over the four weeks compared to 56 for RAM over the same period.
    You can make the argument that I’ve been lucky with Wolves and Brighton going well but I’ve picked them for that reason. I’m getting Balbeuna in this week cause they have great fixtures.
    Obviously when one of RAM aren’t playing you get a sub in which I haven’t accounted for but that’s two games out of the 12 and I have the security of knowing my lads will start. Plus the last few weeks we’ve all needed a full bench

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Green&Red wrote: »
    @extragavy read back through my original post on this, you haven’t been over the last few weeks, RAM is down versus four defenders all bought for 4.5 or under

Lot of group think here around RAM, here’s a counter argument.
    I looked back over the last four weeks, my back five are
    Doherty - Bennett - Duffy - AWB - Rico

So not even five starters, from the remaining four I only ever start three. Those three have gotten me 60pts over the four weeks compared to 56 for RAM over the same period.
    You can make the argument that I’ve been lucky with Wolves and Brighton going well but I’ve picked them for that reason. I’m getting Balbeuna in this week cause they have great fixtures.
    Obviously when one of RAM aren’t playing you get a sub in which I haven’t accounted for but that’s two games out of the 12 and I have the security of knowing my lads will start. Plus the last few weeks we’ve all needed a full bench

I can see the value in the cheaper defenders for sure. I don't look at RAM as defenders but rather as midfielders that have huge attacking potential and will get some clean sheets. You're also getting coverage from the three best defences in the league. I'm willing to pay a premium for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭rekluse

My KDB gamble 2 weeks ago has absolutely shafted me and he played 87 mins tonight would you stick or twist ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,574 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

rekluse wrote: »
    My KDB gamble 2 weeks ago has absolutely shafted me and he played 87 mins tonight would you stick or twist ?

He went off injured. Straight down the tunnel

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,904 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Points per match for regular starters is an interesting stat I think.

Top man is Eden Hazard at 8.3 ppm, next in line is Mendy at 7.6, then Alonso at 7.2, Mane and Sterling are tied at 7.0, then Salah at 6.5, Robertson, Walker, Auba and Wilson are at 6.3, Fraser at 6.2 followed by Trippier and Aguero at 6.0.

Obviously you can't have all of them but I think Tram is well worth it at the back. Fraser and Wilson are must haves right now imo, Hazard clearly has to be the first premium mid and Auba up top.

Just one more thing, Bruno of Brighton who has started the last three games is on an average of 6.5ppm and is currently available at 4.4m.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

rekluse wrote: »

I have bad news for you ......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,427 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

I can see the value in the cheaper defenders for sure. I don't look at RAM as defenders but rather as midfielders that have huge attacking potential and will get some clean sheets. You're also getting coverage from the three best defences in the league. I'm willing to pay a premium for that.

They are more likely to score highly but picking five good defenders can limit their damage and you’ve 5m extra to spend elsewhere.

“Seeing them as midfielders” is an argument I hate, they are not comparable to a midfielder, they get a “goal” for a clean sheet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,127 ✭✭✭✭normanoffside

km79 wrote: »
    I have bad news for you ......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭Pogue eile

I'm sorry but whatever about Roberston and Mendy,not having Alonso is quite simply wreckless, he is the second top scorer in the game for 7m, its as close to a no brainer as you will get. And its not as if its simply a hot streak, he has being doing it for two and a bit seasons now, over the past two seasons and this season he has 14 goals, 13 assists, 33 clean sheets and 37 bonus points.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Green&Red wrote: »
    “Seeing them as midfielders” is an argument I hate, they are not comparable to a midfielder, they get a “goal” for a clean sheet

Wingbacks or attacking defenders are comparable to midfielders and often get further forward. Alonso has outscored every mid priced mid. He's not a defender in the traditional sense and neither are Mendy or Robertson.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭patmac

Gambling after a terrible October.
    Hart,Trippier,Lennon and Ramsey out Ederson,Balbueno,Siggy and Barkley in for -8.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,703 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Probably maybe going to go ahead with AWB to Balbuena.

Not entirely happy with TAA atm tbh (;)) - he probably won't feature against Arsenal but worth keeping for the Fulham game.

Starting to get a bit worried about Mendy - he was diabolical the other night by all account

Richarlison & Maddison underwhelming a bit lately as well but will hold for another bit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,320 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Cartman78 wrote: »
    Probably maybe going to go ahead with AWB to Balbuena.

Not entirely happy with TAA atm tbh (;)) - he probably won't feature against Arsenal but worth keeping for the Fulham game.

Starting to get a bit worried about Mendy - he was diabolical the other night by all account

Richarlison & Maddison underwhelming a bit lately as well but will hold for another bit

Madison hasn't seen to bad. He's set up some very good chances but they are just not taking them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

And Mendy was not diabolical, his performance on Monday night has been grossly exaggerated,

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Benimar wrote: »
    Pete_Cavan wrote: »
    Absolutely. They started the season on fire but that form has completely dried up (as was always going to happen). Alonso and Robbo haven't got any attacking return in the last five GWs, Mendy has one assist but has missed a good bit. I have Mendy but am happy to have cheaper alternatives in the Chelsea and Liverpool defenses and spend the money elsewhere - I've missed three Robbo bonus points over five GWs but saving more than 2m.

Alonso got an assist and 2 bonus this week.

Add to this the fact that Alonso and Mendy were both on for 2 bps with no attacking returns.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

For me its the fact that any of the three (RAM) are as likely to get attacking returns as any of the midfielders that are priced 9m or below AND have the additional points possibilities from clean sheets

I do get the counter argument in a way as a 4.5m defender is with something whereby a 4.5 midfielder is essentially useless but i think the positives outweigh this

S.M.B. wrote: »
    And Mendy was not diabolical, his performance on Monday night has been grossly exaggerated,

I'll admit to not having seen the game......but the feedback on here was poor and listening to the Totally Football podcast just now and they suggested that Pep might be losing patience with Mendy for both his performance and his social media shenanigans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,343 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

I'll take Mendy being diabolical and still getting clean sheets over most other defenders....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,772 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

S.M.B. wrote: »

Ah now he was bad on Monday and lucky not to have been sent off near the end

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭Jesper

I'm on WC this week. 0.1 left with the below squad. I don't have the standard RAM defence but a close second. I want to have 1 strong sub and I'm happy for this to be a defender/Barkley. Plan on playing 3:5:2 or 4:4:2.

Ederson
    Trippier/Laporte/Gomez/Duffy/Kiko Feminia
    Salah/Hazard/Sigurdsson/Pereyra/Barkley
    Aguero/Arnie/Success

Toyed over Sig vs. Martial. Also had Wilson but downgraded to Success because a playing rotatable striker for that money is great value.
    The big misses are a Chelsea defender (but I have 2 mid's so 2 Clean sheet points if that happens). Also instead of Mendy/Rob I have Ederson/Laporte and Gomez. I bought Trip's for 6 so I think I will hold onto.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

Cartman78 wrote: »
    I'll admit to not having seen the game......but the feedback on here was poor and listening to the Totally Football podcast just now and they suggested that Pep might be losing patience with Mendy for both his performance and his social media shenanigans.

They suggested based on what? Not having a go but just like on here opinions are to be taken with a pinch of salt until mendy is fit and dropped it's the wrong assumption

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

If Mendy is a doubt Laporte is the way to go gents. I've had him since Mendy's injury.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,509 ✭✭✭VW 1

Very tempted on a Trippier Jiminez out, replaced by Duffy and Arnie in for a -4 but looking to hold for 6-8 gameweeks.

Thinking is that with the upcoming fixtures for Brighton and West Ham these will score more points as a duo, and I haven't really been using Jiminez as a starter, whereas Arnie will allow me to play 3-4-3.

Any thoughts?

VW 1 wrote: »
    Very tempted on a Trippier Jiminez out, replaced by Duffy and Arnie in for a -4 but looking to hold for 6-8 gameweeks.

Thinking is that with the upcoming fixtures for Brighton and West Ham these will score more points as a duo, and I haven't really been using Jiminez as a starter, whereas Arnie will allow me to play 3-4-3.

Any thoughts?

I'd go with a Newcastle defender over Duffy. I've gone with Fernandez (£4.4m).
    Since Utd game they conceded an unlucky goal to Brighton and kept a clean sheet to Southampton.

There next 4 games, 3 of them are at home WAT, BOU, bur, WHU.

Then if you have other fires to put out in early December you can hold this player as they have hud and FUL.

I think they are warming up nicely for their form period under Rafa which will ultimately keep them up this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,520 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Why are people worried about Mendy? He's important to the team. One less than stellar performance isn't going to lead to a ripping up of the plan. I don't have him naturally.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,520 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Chesty08 wrote: »
    Since Utd game they conceded an unlucky goal to Brighton and kept a clean sheet to Southampton.

Then if you have other fires to put out in early December you can hold this player as they have hud and FUL.

I think they are warming up nicely for their form period under Rafa which will ultimately keep them up this year.

Bournemouth and Watford well able to score against them. At least they're not playing the bigger teams I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,702 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

have 2FT but no transfer jumping out at me so thinking of downgrading Doherty to Balbuena to raise cash to do Mitro to Arnie next week

dsmythy wrote: »
    Chesty08 wrote: »

Bournemouth and Watford well able to score against them. At least they're not playing the bigger teams I suppose.

Agreed. However when compared to Brighton who have 3 out of 4 away games eve,car,LEI and hud I think the likelihood of keeping clean sheets is more on in Newcastle's favour over this period, IMO.

• Advertisement

They suggested based on what? Not having a go but just like on here opinions are to be taken with a pinch of salt until mendy is fit and dropped it's the wrong assumption

Ah yeah....not based on anything concrete at all apart from journalists waffling :pac:

Advertisement