Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 11 transfers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,873 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Jimenez to Success
    Hojbjerg to Barkley

Choo choo all aboard the 3-5-2 bandwagon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,427 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

jamesbere wrote: »
    Think I'm going to get Mahrez and kdb in my side the next few gws. Mahrez probably this weekend. I'll give kdb maybe til gw 13,give him a chance to get match fit. Can't see him playing a full 90 for another few weeks.

I would think Mahrez is most likely to be dropped for KDB, him and Dilva, Bilva
    If Aguero, KDB, Sterling and Fernandinho are all likely to play most weeks you’ve two out of three with Sane also in the mix

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,343 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Green&Red wrote: »
    If Aguero, KDB, Sterling and Fernandinho are all likely to play most weeks you’ve two out of three with Sane also in the mix

It's a f*ckin minefield

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Lemlin wrote: »
    Hart out for Flapianski.

Hart has been my worst decision of the season. I brought him in for Foster 3 GWs ago planning to keep him for the season and Foster has kept 2 clean sheets since, Hart none.

I was torn between Hart and Fab on my wildcard 3 weeks ago. Went Fab and regretted it for the first week to two, but for once long term thinking seems to be about to pay off.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

On Barkley, I think he’s worth a punt for the next 4 fixtures. 3 of those are home to crystal palace, Everton and Fulham. Not many mids in his price range have that good a run.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,252 ✭✭✭COH

I was flip-flopping on Barkely as I'd love to downgrade Ricky or Madisson and free up some funds to upgrade Holebas ...

A cursory look....

- He has only played 388 of a possible 900 mins this season
    - the last game was his only time playing the full 90
    - 36 of his 44 points have come in the past 3 games, before that he returned 3,1,1,0,1,1,1.

Can't help feeling I missed his purple patch and will be wasting a transfer on a 1 pointer/benching waiting to happen so its going to be a no for me I think. Already have Haz and Alonso so am probably fine for Chelsea cover.

Begovic > Fabianski and roll the other FT most likely

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Ings owners...

Are you keeping or selling?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Green&Red wrote: »

i'm simply thinking owning a City midfielder at all is going to guarantee headaches. Silva/Bilva/Sane/Sterling/KDB/Mahrez only 4 can start any match

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,320 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Ings owners...

Selling today. Tough run of fixtures coming up and if he couldn't score against Newcastle it probably won't happen against City, United or Spurs in the next five games

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭GetWithIt

Ings owners...

Would love to sell but struggling to identify a replacement.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭RisingDamp

RisingDamp wrote: »
    Have no City players this weekend which is a major concern.

Which option would be best?

a) Salah or Hazard to Sterling/KDB (no hit - one week punt for captaincy and then revert next week)
    b) Evans & Mitro to Mendy & Vokes (-4)
    c) Evans & Ozil to Mendy & Maddison (-4)
    d) Evans & Ozil to Peltier & KDB (-4)

* Don't ask why I have Evans!

F*ck it. Can't trust Pep with any City midfielders. Will go without for this week and captain Hazard

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

GetWithIt wrote: »
    Would love to sell but struggling to identify a replacement.

Same. Could downgrade to Success but with festive fixtures and rotation not too far away, I'd rather have a nailed on striker that's guaranteed to start. Could upgrade to Wilson but already have Fraser. Have Arnie. So it's really only Murray left - his away form isn't great and 3 of their next 4 are away. Think I'll just keep for now and maybe play him against Watford and Fulham. He's third for shots in the box behind Aguero and Wilson so surely one of them will go in soon - just hope it's not this weekend against my double City defence!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Ings owners...

Selling.

I’ll be getting Arnautovic in but need a -4 to do Rico to Peltier to free up the cash.

Long term, I reckon it’s definitely worth it. Rico doesn’t play anyway and Arnautovic should hugely outscore Ings.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭supasoumi99

Considering the following for a -4;

KDB to Hazard
    Vardy to Arnie

Love KDB and a great fixture coming up but not sure I can trust him yet..same with Vardy. Anyone have any thoughts?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,740 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

I’m thinking mendy for digne. Lerma for neves and Willian for Moura -4

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

Ings owners...

He does have tough fixtures coming up, but also has Cardiff and Fulham in the next 6, and I could probably score against them the way they are playing!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

He does have tough fixtures coming up, but also has Cardiff and Fulham in the next 6, and I could probably score against them the way they are playing!

I was thinking of moving Mitro to him to fund Mendy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,596 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Mad to contemplate Vary? Was thinking Leicester might rally with the emotion of everything at the moment.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Mad to contemplate Vary? Was thinking Leicester might rally with the emotion of everything at the moment.

Certainly not mad at all. Was even thinking of him myself. Leicester have a very decent run of fixtures as well so you shouldn't need to transfer him out for a good while. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

So I've gone with

Barkley in. Knockaert out.
    Reid in. Jimenez out.

Was between Reid and Success. Hopefully my choice was more successful than success otherwise this might cause me stress

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭Western Pomise

Hi folks,
    No more than Mr Prodston was saying about his team my crew have being Freefalling over the last few GW’s.Partly caused by Captaincy picks that didn’t work out and transfers decisions I made lately.
    In GW 5 was 90k overall rank,after GW 10 I’m sitting at 520k!!:(
    Mane an example of my bad luck/decision making.He was doing shag all so swopped him out after GW9 for Ozil,cue his great performance last wkd and Ozils 2 pts....would have Captained him too,
    Brought in Pereyra for Ozil
    Auba for Vardy
    Ryan for Ederson
    last night to try and reshape things...have 3m in the bank.
    Current squad- Ryan Speroni
    Robertson Rudiger Mendy Bennett Wan-Bis
    Hazard Pereyra Maddison Guendouzi Knockaert
    Auba Aguero Mitrovic
    Usually play 4:3:3.

Sorry for long post.....just wondering what do people think of my squad going forward??
    Would like to start climbing the rankings again.
    Thanks for any advice.

Just after bringing Mane in for Maddison.
    Am half tempted to swop Mitro out for either Wilson or Glenn Murray.

The old form over fixtures debate is true between Murray (lovely fixtures for next 6 weeks) or Wilson who is on fire and has blanked in fewer games so far this season but has some brutal fixtures coming up.
    So form with Wilson or fixtures with Murray?....
    Any thoughts much appreciated.

So I've gone with

Barkley in. Knockaert out.
    Reid in. Jimenez out.

Was between Reid and Success. Hopefully my choice was more successful than success otherwise this might cause me stress

Sucstress

How likely is Barkley to keep his place? I notice he hasn’t started most games

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

The old form over fixtures debate is true between Murray (lovely fixtures for next 6 weeks) or Wilson who is on fire and has blanked in fewer games so far this season but has some brutal fixtures coming up.

Murray has decent form too. I'll be teansferring Ings to one of the two, but since I already have Fraser it'll probably be Murray

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

I have both Murray and Wilson, but I'm expecting more of a return from Murray over the next few weeks. Wilson got a decent score last week because King didn't feature as I think he was injured. No idea if he's back or anything, but that could definitely have an impact on Wilson's potential returns.

Whereas Murray is Murray. Starts every game. Potentially on penalties (took the last one against Southampton). Decent returns up to now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭Porthallian

Wilberto wrote: »
    I have both Murray and Wilson, but I'm expecting more of a return from Murray over the next few weeks. Wilson got a decent score last week because King didn't feature as I think he was injured. No idea if he's back or anything, but that could definitely have an impact on Wilson's potential returns.

Whereas Murray is Murray. Starts every game. Potentially on penalties (took the last one against Southampton). Decent returns up to now.

Murray's away form may be a slight concern?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

No more hits!!
    Give Mitro this week and scout Arnie.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Dr. Bre wrote: »

Apart from kovacic is fabregas also someone that might eat into barkleys minutes. In Sarris system is fabregas somebody that might play in the barkley position or does fabregas cover jorginho/kante.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭Western Pomise

ElTel wrote: »
    No more hits!!
    Give Mitro this week and scout Arnie.

Might be sound advice ElTel.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

Dr. Bre wrote: »

Nobody knows is the short answer
    It’s an unquestionable risk signing him
    And one I won’t be taking with the busy Xmas period approaching .......

Advertisement