Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 11 transfers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Personally think Barkley starts the next two at least. Given the opposition returns are likely along with price rises if he does return.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,520 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Apart from kovacic is fabregas also someone that might eat into barkleys minutes. In Sarris system is fabregas somebody that might play in the barkley position or does fabregas cover jorginho/kante.

Barkley plays when Kovacic doesn't. That's how the league has been. Same story tonight except Fabregas is back in the mix.

Kovacic is versatile enough to cover Kante/Jorginho. Fabregas could play there too especially in easier games. Alternatively he could be the further man.

So yeah we don't know. Depends what the manager think fits what opponent. If tonight's lineup is a clue then it could be Barkley in front of Kante and Jorginho this weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

dsmythy wrote: »
    Barkley plays when Kovacic doesn't. That's how the league has been. Same story tonight except Fabregas is back in the mix.

Kovacic is versatile enough to cover Kante/Jorginho. Fabregas could play there too especially in easier games. Alternatively he could be the further man.

So yeah we don't know. Depends what the manager think fits what opponent. If tonight's lineup is a clue then it could be Barkley in front of Kante and Jorginho this weekend.

Barkley is nailed on to start this week but I think people are just looking at kovacic as his competition. However with fabregas injured to date we dont know where he might fit in. He has always been more than capable of playing in that barkley position throughout his career.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

I'll be certainly on the "avoid barkley and hope he doesn't deliver" side at the weekend. Looks like there's a lot of people bringing him in so I do hope that this strategy does not backfire. He's already close to a double rise but I think the masses are a little hasty to be bringing him in so soon.

Think I might bank or switch Patricio out for Ryan or Fab.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,520 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Barkley is nailed on to start this week but I think people are just looking at kovacic as his competition. However with fabregas injured to date we dont know where he might fit in. He has always been more than capable of playing in that barkley position throughout his career.

Yeah I'd be surprised if he didn't play. Fabregas will probably start the Europa League game next midweek. The weekend after will be more iffy for Barkley starting, especially if he doesn't produce.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

dsmythy wrote: »
    Yeah I'd be surprised if he didn't play. Fabregas will probably start the Europa League game next midweek. The weekend after will be more iffy for Barkley starting, especially if he doesn't produce.

And every weekend thereafter
    We all know he ain’t going to be a regular......

I dont think he'd play Jorgihino and Fabregas if he wants to continue to press high up the pitch especially on the Alonso side they would get killed down that side of the pitch on the counter

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 190 ✭✭Paddy_Irishman

Murray has decent form too. I'll be teansferring Ings to one of the two, but since I already have Fraser it'll probably be Murray

Murray's away form isn't great. He tends to score on the home games. 5/6 goals scored at home and 1 away.

Hughton also seems to rest him against the bigger teams, I don't know if he'd consider Everton a big team but if it's a transfer for the next few games weeks, 5 good fixtures after Everton then it's good move but if you had a more pressing transfer this week I'd do that instead with a view to bringing him in for the next game to Cardiff albeit it's away but Cardiff are rubbish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,317 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

i don't think Sarri fancies Cesc as first choice at all. if he doesn't think Loftus-Cheek is doing the defensive work needed, there's no way he'll pick Fabregas.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭claw

Personally think Barkley starts the next two at least. Given the opposition returns are likely along with price rises if he does return.

I've put in Barkley for Neves already. I had given up on Neves and didn't want to end up losing money on him since he went back to 5.0. The worst case scenario is that I should make 0.1 on him if I have to sell. Already had Fraser so didn't see any other better options for that price.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,904 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Decided to go with TRAM at the back. Brought Mendy in last night before his price rise.

eagle eye wrote: »
    Decided to go with TRAM at the back. Brought Mendy in last night before his price rise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,343 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

The thing about Barkey is, he's also so cheap that anybody who has 2 transfer are using him as an enabler to upgrade elsewhere too, he's allowed me to get in Mendy in a double transfer very easily.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭GetWithIt

Rich, Ings > Barkley, Murray

Kenedy survives as bench fodder and Mitrovic to Arnie next week.

Richy draws the short straw but he doesn’t look the same player up front

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,317 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

i have Alonso and Hazard already, but I'm getting tempted by the following...

A Smith ----> Robertson
    D Silva ----> Barkley

It feels like I'm chasing points with the latter transfer though when I already have 2 Chelsea assets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

I have Josh king, Ryan Fraser and David Silva, considering moving the first two on because of the fixtures change and moving Silva out because of rotation risks and inconsistency.

Any thoughts ? I have my wildcard so no issue with taking hits. Barkley is putting me off because it could be just a purple patch hes in and he is a rotation risk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,820 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Fraser to Barkley for -4, not ideal but i think if he does well this week a double rise is certain.

Fraser was out after this anyway and i can afford the -4 after an excellent start.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭MattD

threein99 wrote: »
    I have Josh king, Ryan Fraser and David Silva, considering moving the first two on because of the fixtures change and moving Silva out because of rotation risks and inconsistency.

Any thoughts ? I have my wildcard so no issue with taking hits. Barkley is putting me off because it could be just a purple patch hes in and he is a rotation risk.

In that scenario I would be going King to Arnie and Silva to Siggy if you need funds, maybe Mahrez if you don't.

For me and City I think Mahrez will be more reliable for minutes and returns in the front three as the two Silvas drop back more when needed.

dahat wrote: »
    Fraser to Barkley for -4, not ideal but i think if he does well this week a double rise is certain.

Fraser was out after this anyway and i can afford the -4 after an excellent start.

Crazy for a -4
    Fraser could easily easily get attacking points against United
    You are then banking on a double digit score from Barkley
    Who will probably lose his place again soon and if not is a certainty to be rotated over Xmas period
    He also likes an injury

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,820 ✭✭✭✭dahat

km79 wrote: »
    Crazy for a -4
    Fraser could easily easily get attacking points against United
    You are then banking on a double digit score from Barkley
    Who will probably lose his place again soon and if not is a certainty to be rotated over Xmas period
    He also likes an injury

I'd have that as risky rather than crazy. My main rival has also invested in Barkley which was a factor.

If i get 2 games from him i'll be happy.The 5.8 from Fraser is a tricky amount to get a replacement so Barkley is a good fit that may yield returns in the short term.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

I've (somehow) never had Fraser but I really don't get the need to replace him if you do have him.

Yes, they have Man U, Arsenal and Man City in the next 4, but its not as if the first two are clocking up the clean sheets. If I had Fraser I wouldn't even think of selling him.

This may come back to bite me, but I'm 100% convinced Barkley is a trap.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Flapianski

Didn't realise Fraser was on free kicks too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Benimar wrote: »
    This may come back to bite me, but I'm 100% convinced Barkley is a trap.
    This is where FPL becomes fun. Identifying the bandwagons that you think are legit versus the ones that you feel will flop.

Deciding when to sell an asset who has delivered up until this point.

I'll be livid if Barkley comes on at the end of Chelseas game at the weekend and taps into an open goal in the 96th minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Can you undo a transfer before the GW starts :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,574 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Considering this.

Mitro/Knockeart/Peltier to Success/Trippier/Delefou or Brooks or some other 5.4 or cheaper mid for a -4. This would leave me with

Ryan/Foster
    Trippier/Mendy/Robertson/Alonso/AWB
    Salah/Hazard/Richarlison/5.4 or lower/Gunnarrson
    Aguero/Arnie/Success

Plan would be to play either 443 or 433 with Success or 5.4 mid being benched every week.

Personally am a fan as it gets me TRAM who are delivering. Also improves my bench with perma injured Peltier finally gone. Gets rid of Knockeart the dope too.

Downsides, still no Wolves defence cover - prob okay for a couple of weeks and no Bournemouth attacking cover (been killing me recently). Also a week where TRAM all concede could be very grim.

Thoughts?

dahat wrote:
    Fraser's last three weeks, 11, 3, 6.

dahat wrote:
    Fraser's last three weeks, 11, 3, 6. Why would you want to dump him? Surely you have a worse performing midfielder?

The only time I considered dumping my fraser was when he was injured and looked like it may have been a medium term one
    He is nailed on in an attacking team ,chips in with points consistently AND attracts bonus
    Can’t ask for more
    Barring injury I don’t see him leaving my team at all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

km79 wrote: »
    The only time I considered dumping my fraser was when he was injured and looked like it may have been a medium term one
    He is nailed on in an attacking team ,chips in with points consistently AND attracts bonus
    Can’t ask for more
    Barring injury I don’t see him leaving my team at all

Feel the same

I think this is one of those times were the community talking about a moving a player on is causing people to move him on

Very few options in that price bracket

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,343 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Took my 1st hit (-8) of the season, feel its a good hit thou.

Out : TAA, Ricky, Ings & Lacazette (Ings, Ricky and Laca were starting to stink out my team)

In : Mendy, Barkley, Vardy & Arnie (Mendy a season keeper, Barkley short term but an enabler aswel, Vardy and Arnie got great fixtures for the next 5)

Advertisement