Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 11 transfers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

Benimar wrote: »

This may come back to bite me, but I'm 100% convinced Barkley is a trap.

It seems a bit kante-esque alright I'll happily keep Fraser over him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,317 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Took my 1st hit (-8) of the season, feel its a good hit thou.

Out : TAA, Ricky, Ings & Lacazette (Ings, Ricky and Laca were starting to stink out my team)

In : Mendy, Barkley, Vardy & Arnie (Mendy a season keeper, Barkley short term but an enabler aswel, Vardy and Arnie got great fixtures for the next 5)

Ricky and Laca could sting you, especially as Barkley could still be a trap. I like the Mendy and Arnie picks though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

KevIRL wrote: »
    Considering this.

Mitro/Knockeart/Peltier to Success/Trippier/Delefou or Brooks or some other 5.4 or cheaper mid for a -4. This would leave me with

Ryan/Foster
    Trippier/Mendy/Robertson/Alonso/AWB
    Salah/Hazard/Richarlison/5.4 or lower/Gunnarrson
    Aguero/Arnie/Success

Plan would be to play either 443 or 433 with Success or 5.4 mid being benched every week.

Personally am a fan as it gets me TRAM who are delivering. Also improves my bench with perma injured Peltier finally gone. Gets rid of Knockeart the dope too.

Downsides, still no Wolves defence cover - prob okay for a couple of weeks and no Bournemouth attacking cover (been killing me recently). Also a week where TRAM all concede could be very grim.

Thoughts?

I wrote out a reply and it never posted :)  In short, it came to a team with TRAM will give you a 'consistent score'. They are averaging 22 ppgw at a cost of £29m (incl. AWB points and value).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭Pogue eile

Chesty08 wrote: »
    I wrote out a reply and it never posted :)  In short, it came to a team with TRAM will give you a 'consistent score'. They are averaging 22 ppgw at a cost of £29m (incl. AWB points and value).

Personally I think if you have TRAM then you dont need AWB, and going with Peltier frees up .3m or so depending on price paid for AWB, thus gving a little more options for the final midfielder

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,320 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Pogue eile wrote: »
    Personally I think if you have TRAM then you dont need AWB, and going with Peltier frees up .3m or so depending on price paid for AWB, thus gving a little more options for the final midfielder

Who's the T in Tram? Tripper? I'm assuming Robertson, Alonso and Mendy are the others?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Who's the T in Tram? Tripper? I'm assuming Robertson, Alonso and Mendy are the others?

Correct. And then i've just realised if you add Peltier like just mentioned you're looking at TRAMP

manual_man wrote: »
    Correct. And then i've just realised if you add Peltier like just mentioned you're looking at TRAMP

There you go, its an absolute no brainer then!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,343 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

SlickRic wrote: »
    Ricky and Laca could sting you, especially as Barkley could still be a trap. I like the Mendy and Arnie picks though.

I've got a hate hate relationship with Laca

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,574 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Did the last GW not show the importance of a full playing bench though? Probably needed even moreso between now and Christmas.

Did the last GW not show the importance of a full playing bench though? Probably needed even moreso between now and Christmas.

I guess its a judgement call on whether you want that insurance policy or the extra funds.

For me a situation lie last week (I had Roerston, Hazard and Arnie) will occur far too seldom to justify it. Both absolutely I see both sides of the arguement.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,740 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Throw show in shaw and it’s trams

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭tailgunner

P for PVA surely?

In the absence of Robbo and Mendy during this timeframe (3 out of 5 GW's) AWB contributed a healthy 4 ppg. Peltier or even a fodder midfielder would of been significantly less.

This is my point on TRAM. Even though they contributed well over the last 5 GW's, it wasn't something significant to warrant an extra £3.5m on the defence (I had 2 of the 4). 
    Add to that, you will need a bench over the next 8 GW's or so as there will be times these will be rotated. 
    If you go with 
    TRAM and AWB, £8.5m for GK's and then the Big 3 (Aguero, Salah, Hazard) then you are leaving yourself with £28m for 5 players (3 midfielders and 2 attackers).
    Work out the numbers and you are left with a lot of risky budget players who may not play either.

In the absence of Robbo and Mendy during this timeframe (3 out of 5 GW's) AWB contributed a healthy 4 ppg. Peltier or even a fodder midfielder would of been significantly less.

Its only if there is two missing it becomes an issue, and Mendy's wasnt rotation, it was very simple to switch him to Laporte/Stones - AWB has had 7 blanks, including a red card. 3 good weeks against Fulham, Hudersfield and Newcastle is not enough for me to be honest, I think with Regards to Kev's team its either downgrade to Peltier or upgrade to a Wolves defender and downgrade the 5th midfielder.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭Shedite27

This is my point on TRAM. Even though they contributed well over the last 5 GW's, it wasn't something significant to warrant an extra £3.5m on the defence (I had 2 of the 4). 
    Add to that, you will need a bench over the next 8 GW's or so as there will be times these will be rotated. 
    If you go with 
    TRAM and AWB, £8.5m for GK's and then the Big 3 (Aguero, Salah, Hazard) then you are leaving yourself with £28m for 5 players (3 midfielders and 2 attackers).
    Work out the numbers and you are left with a lot of risky budget players who may not play either.

So it's:
    1) Mane + TRAMP
    2) Salah + Bargain Defense

No brainer for me

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Dicky2016

Banking this week!
    Knockaert to Barkley is tempting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Trippier is currently priced at £1.9m more than the price I paid for Doherty. I can't justify that upgrade and that money help with the Salah over Mane fund.

Dicky2016 wrote: »
    Banking this week!
    Knockaert to Barkley is tempting.

Barkley looks like rising again tonight so time to decide!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,731 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Vardy worth a punt this week?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭tailgunner

Vardy worth a punt this week?

Someone posted earlier about the players potentially attending the owner's funeral on Saturday. Puel has also said the result of the game is "not important" which is the right thing in fairness. I'd hold off a week personally.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,427 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Lot of group think here around RAM, here’s a counter argument.
    I looked back over the last four weeks, my back five are
    Doherty - Bennett - Duffy - AWB - Rico

So not even five starters, from the remaining four I only ever start three. Those three have gotten me 60pts over the four weeks compared to 56 for RAM over the same period.
    You can make the argument that I’ve been lucky with Wolves and Brighton going well but I’ve picked them for that reason. I’m getting Balbeuna in this week cause they have great fixtures.
    Obviously when one of RAM aren’t playing you get a sub in which I haven’t accounted for but that’s two games out of the 12 and I have the security of knowing my lads will start. Plus the last few weeks we’ve all needed a full bench

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Considering this.

Mitro/Knockeart/Peltier to Success/Trippier/Delefou or Brooks or some other 5.4 or cheaper mid for a -4. This would leave me with

Ryan/Foster
    Trippier/Mendy/Robertson/Alonso/AWB
    Salah/Hazard/Richarlison/5.4 or lower/Gunnarrson
    Aguero/Arnie/Success

Plan would be to play either 443 or 433 with Success or 5.4 mid being benched every week.

Personally am a fan as it gets me TRAM who are delivering. Also improves my bench with perma injured Peltier finally gone. Gets rid of Knockeart the dope too.

Downsides, still no Wolves defence cover - prob okay for a couple of weeks and no Bournemouth attacking cover (been killing me recently). Also a week where TRAM all concede could be very grim.

Thoughts?

It’s very similar to my team but I have Kelly instead of Trippier, Fraser in midfield and Ings instead of Success.

Why the need for two playing keepers? I have Fab and just play him every week with Speroni as cover.

Downgrade to one playing keeper and you have an extra .5 to play with and that 5.4 mid becomes a 5.9 mid like Fraser or Barkley.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,574 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Lemlin wrote: »
    It’s very similar to my team but I have Kelly instead of Trippier, Fraser in midfield and Ings instead of Success.

Why the need for two playing keepers? I have Fab and just play him every week with Speroni as cover.

Downgrade to one playing keeper and you have an extra .5 to play with and that 5.4 mid becomes a 5.9 mid like Fraser or Barkley.

Yeah good point and sorting the keepers is on my list but I don't really fancy a minus 8 to do it this week. Could WC but that seems a bit of a waste.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,013 ✭✭✭Pete_Cavan

Green&Red wrote: »
    Lot of group think here around RAM, here’s a counter argument.
    Absolutely. They started the season on fire but that form has completely dried up (as was always going to happen). Alonso and Robbo haven't got any attacking return in the last five GWs, Mendy has one assist but has missed a good bit. I have Mendy but am happy to have cheaper alternatives in the Chelsea and Liverpool defenses and spend the money elsewhere - I've missed three Robbo bonus points over five GWs but saving more than 2m.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

Pete_Cavan wrote: »
    Absolutely. They started the season on fire but that form has completely dried up (as was always going to happen). Alonso and Robbo haven't got any attacking return in the last five GWs, Mendy has one assist but has missed a good bit. I have Mendy but am happy to have cheaper alternatives in the Chelsea and Liverpool defenses and spend the money elsewhere - I've missed three Robbo bonus points over five GWs but saving more than 2m.

Alonso got an assist and 2 bonus this week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,320 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

My plan to move Moura to Barkley to get Arni for Ings is bust. Hadn't realised Barkley rose by .1 earlier in the week :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,886 ✭✭✭stephenl15

-8s rarely (never) pay off but I've taken one :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Pete_Cavan wrote: »

You might be saving by going for the cheaper options but you're missing out on points. Alonso is 21 points ahead of the nearest Chelsea defender, Robertson 15 ahead of the nearest Pool defender and missed a game. Mendy is only a point behind Laporte despite missing 3 games. I have all three and can fit in Salah, Hazard and Aguero. Not sure if the extra money saved and invested elsewhere would equal or yield more points than that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,013 ✭✭✭Pete_Cavan

Benimar wrote: »
    Alonso got an assist and 2 bonus this week.
    Didn't realise that, anything I checked at the weekend didn't credit him with an assist.

Advertisement