Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can't log in

Options
  • 27-10-2018 7:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 82,616 ✭✭✭✭
    M

I can't log in on any device, getting a 503 error when I click on login, don't even get a chance to put in username or password.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭Boards.ie: Ronan

Hi,

We've been having issues with several boxes that handle our login system since the wee hours of last night. Trying my best to get them back online once again but for the moment I don't have any definitive timeline for a resolution.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,616 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Cheers for the update, thought it might be just me.

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭EmptyTree

Me too, the response site doesn't seem to be working at all. Using the legacy site seems to be working but with intermittent issues.

Similar problem here for most of today now. While I can post on my phone like now as I'm logged in already, I cannot login and post on my laptop where I haven't been logged in today.

I also cannot see all my recent posts when I click on my nick and 'Find Posts'. The last 5 posts or so still do not show.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,196 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Any updates? Typical to happen at the weekend.

• Advertisement

If boards could just see their way to getting staff in over the bank holiday weekend to resolve the issue and continue providing us with an essentially free service then all would be forgiven :P

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,196 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Haha well I was a subscriber so :p

I'm afraid I've not no updates at this point in time. Unfortunately despite my best efforts I've not up until now been able to resolve this remotely so more than likely it'll be Tuesday before there will be a fix.

Thanks Ronan, I'll tell who I know, could it be updated on homepage too maybe? I don't know how things work.. Bugger of a time to happen, hope you get some rest..

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Could a quick Facebook/Twitter update be posted.

Have tried to fix things remotely before, so understand the limitations & frustrations you are going through.

• Advertisement

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    Could a quick Facebook/Twitter update be posted.

Have tried to fix things remotely before, so understand the limitations & frustrations you are going through.

Facebook/Twitter updates are above my pay grade unfortunately. Niamh should have posted an update on twitter about it earlier though.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,571 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Can't log in on desktop since yesterday, can only access boards through the touch site! Very frustrating being locked out of boards, especially since I can't mod on touch.
    Appreciate you're trying to get things back up and running though.

Haha well I was a subscriber so :p
    Apologies, my comment wasn't aimed at your post, was just a general observation. Anyone who is a subscriber has my sympathies!

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Look in the bright side....

….the re-reg trolls have been unable to create any new accounts since early yesterday

UPDATE: Login system should be functional again. We're currently running a temporary setup so it's by no means stable but hopefully it'll last the rest of the weekend.

And we're back just like that.. Cheers Ronan.

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

Thanks for your patience everyone and thanks Rónán for working on this. And getting it fixed!

Guess who logged themselves out earlier and then couldn't get back in :o

Hopefully it'll hold up now for the rest of the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭Spook_ie

Well back in on the mobile, thank God I found the legacy site button, the new layout seems crap but I suppose newer posters will get used to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,439 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

There's another thread on this in the Android forum.
    I still can't access Boards on any browser except Chrome.
    All the other browsers give me this:

Similar problem here for most of today now. While I can post on my phone like now as I'm logged in already, I cannot login and post on my laptop where I haven't been logged in today.

I also cannot see all my recent posts when I click on my nick and 'Find Posts'. The last 5 posts or so still do not show.

Thanks for sorting the login issue. The 'Find Posts' function is still not working so you can't keep an eye on responses to your posts (unless you remember each thread you've posted in).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭xlogo

I can log in via chrome but the app doesn't load on my phone ('Samsung) - is this related to the issues you've been having.?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,570 ✭✭✭RandomName2

Instability of the servers in the long-term is bound to affect this platform's popularity.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,420 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I presume the Android app is affected? It's not been working for me since Friday I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 689 ✭✭✭nim1bdeh38l2cw

Instability of the servers in the long-term is bound to affect this platform's popularity.

You're new then? Boards has been unstable for months/years.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Cloudflare issues always block App access for me on Samsung.

Advertisement