If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Warranty question

Options
  • 27-10-2018 8:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭

Hi guys,

I emailed service@richersounds.ie a few days ago looking for help with an item I bought from yourselves.
    Just want to make sure that is the correct way to go about contacting you for a warranty issue?

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,277 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hi guys,

I emailed service@richersounds.ie a few days ago looking for help with an item I bought from yourselves.
    Just want to make sure that is the correct way to go about contacting you for a warranty issue?
    Hi xo_Chewy_ox,

Our service team should have been in contact to discuss your issue. What is the problem you're having and I will have a look into this for you?

Kind regards

David

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭xo_CHEWY_ox

Hi David,

I have heard nothing back yet anyway.
    This is what I sent them:

"Just wondering about the warranty on an item I bought from yourselves. It is a Q Acoustics M4 that I purchased on the 27/04/17 Order number 108308.

It has not had an awful lot of use, a few hours a week maybe. About a month ago I noticed some distortion in the audio. I thought maybe the supplied optical cable was the issue so picked up a new one and haven't really thought about it since.
    Tonight though it has become very noticeable again. It is only on certain frequencies, its particularly obvious with dialogue. I have tried it with multiple cables, devices and inputs (Bluetooth, optical, analogue) and the issue persists.

I am not sure what the warranty policy is as I have never had an issue with anything I have bought from you guys but I really hope you can help me out here. I am even happy to pay a bit towards a repair or replacement, I just don't want to feel like the €300 I spent less than 2 years ago was for nothing."

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Hi David,

"Just wondering about the warranty on an item I bought from yourselves. It is a Q Acoustics M4 that I purchased on the 27/04/17 Order number 108308.

It has not had an awful lot of use, a few hours a week maybe. About a month ago I noticed some distortion in the audio. I thought maybe the supplied optical cable was the issue so picked up a new one and haven't really thought about it since.
    Tonight though it has become very noticeable again. It is only on certain frequencies, its particularly obvious with dialogue. I have tried it with multiple cables, devices and inputs (Bluetooth, optical, analogue) and the issue persists.

I am not sure what the warranty policy is as I have never had an issue with anything I have bought from you guys but I really hope you can help me out here. I am even happy to pay a bit towards a repair or replacement, I just don't want to feel like the €300 I spent less than 2 years ago was for nothing."

Chewy,

I personally responded to you the morning after you sent your mail:

Sent: 25 October 2018 10:55
    To: '<ad2@gmail.com>; (redacted)
    'service@richersounds.ie' <service@richersounds.ie>
    Subject: RE: Warranty Enquiry

Hi A(redacted)

Thanks for the mail and apologies both for the delay getting back to you and for the inconvenience with your Q Acoustics M4 – It’s REALLY unusual to hear of any issues with the M4!!

Don’t worry on the warranty front we will look after that for you – if you could send it back to us ( please make sure it’s really well wrapped for shipping!!) with your receipt, a return address and if possible a clear fault description – we will get that back to Q Acoustics and as soon as it has been checked out by QA we will deliver it back to you.

Apologies again for the hassle and if you could cc any reply to Stephen and Aaron who look after service administration for us at service@richersounds.ie we will get that sorted for you,

Best regards,

John McDonald

Director

Richer Sounds Ireland

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Hi David,

Hi xo_CHEWY_ox,

I had just seen an email from John McDonald he had sent to you at the end of the week regarding the fault.

We can certainly get that repaired for you if you send the item back to our store at:

7 Smithfield Square North
    Belfast
    BT1 1FN

Please make sure it is well packaged for shipping and include your return address, a copy of the receipt and a fault description and we'll ship it back to you when it comes back from Q Acoustics. As John says, it's very rare we get any issues with Q Acoustics products but you do have a 2 year warranty on the M4 so we can definitely get it sorted for you.

Let me know what you think.

Kind regards

David

Hi John,

For some reason that first email was flagged as spam! Sorry about that.
    That's great, ill look into getting that shipped back asap.

• Advertisement

Hi John,

For some reason that first email was flagged as spam! Sorry about that.
    That's great, ill look into getting that shipped back asap.
    No problem, keep us posted!

Hi guys,

Just want to make sure this arrived ok and if you know how long it might take?

Hi guys,

Just want to make sure this arrived ok and if you know how long it might take?
    Hi Xo_Chewy_oX.

When was the unit shipped back to us as I have not seen it arriving in with us as of yet?

Were you supplied with any tracking details for the consignment?

Hi Xo_Chewy_oX.

When was the unit shipped back to us as I have not seen it arriving in with us as of yet?

It was picked up on the 31st of October. I will contact the courier now.

Hi Xo_Chewy_oX.

Hmmmmm.

Seems a long time for delivery.

I'll go and have another hunt at this end.

• Advertisement

Hi Xo_Chewy_oX.

Hmmmmm.

The tracking says it was signed for in the Midlands! So it definitely didn't make it to you.
    Ill get back once I hear from them :(

Hi Xo_Chewy_oX.

Hmmmmm.

The tracking says it was signed for in the Midlands! So it definitely didn't make it to you.
    Ill get back once I hear from them :(
    I wounder how the heck that has happened :confused: ????

Was it one of our other branches that it went to do you know?

I wish I knew. It was parcel connect I used and their tracking is very vague. I have emailed them for more information.

I wish I knew. It was parcel connect I used and their tracking is very vague. I have emailed them for more information.
    Hey X0_CHEWY_OX.

Keep me updated on what they say.

Hey X0_CHEWY_OX.

So it has finally turned up in their warehouse, supposedly the tracking label was missing from it!
    Anyway, they have said it will be delivered tomorrow. Can you please let me know when/if it arrives.

Hey X0_CHEWY_OX.

So it has finally turned up in their warehouse, supposedly the tracking label was missing from it!
    Anyway, they have said it will be delivered tomorrow. Can you please let me know when/if it arrives.
    That's great news that they've found it! I'll keep an eye out for it arriving and will let you know as soon as we receive it!

Kind regards

David

Sorry for bothering you with this again but it is showing as delivered now, just want to make sure you actually have it?

Sorry for bothering you with this again but it is showing as delivered now, just want to make sure you actually have it?
    Hey Xo_Chewy_oX.

It arrived in yesterday with us and we are going to unwrap it this morning and get it checked over and take it from there.

Hey Xo_Chewy_oX.

It arrived in yesterday with us and we are going to unwrap it this morning and get it checked over and take it from there.

That's a relief. Never again! XD

Hey Xo_Chewy_oX.

That's a relief. Never again! XD
    Ill be back in touch very shortly once we have opened it up :)

• Advertisement

Hi guys, just wondering if you have heard anything from Q acoustics?

Hi guys, just wondering if you have heard anything from Q acoustics?
    Hi xo_CHEWY_ox,

We have sent it off and are waiting for word back from Q Acoustics.

If we haven;t heard anything by Monday afternoon I'll get my service advisor to call for an update for you.

Kind regards

David

Hi xo_CHEWY_ox,

If we haven;t heard anything by Monday afternoon I'll get my service advisor to call for an update for you.

Kind regards

David

Hi guys, did you get any update on Monday?

Hi xo_CHEWY_ox,

Kind regards

David

Hi guys, did you get any update on Monday?
    Hey Xo_CHEWY-oX

Sorry for the delay. 

Gave the repair agent a call and they hope to have it back with us by the middle of next week.

As soon as its through the door we will return it to you straight away.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.