Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Leicester City chairman's helicopter crashes after game

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Econ__ wrote: »
    Didn't think of that - it's an insightful thought. However, it seems unlikely that they wouldn't have worked out the numbers by now.

The silence could also be a cultural phenomenon?

Culture? They crashed in Leicester, not Thailand and obviously the police are the ones who release official information in this situation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭Econ__

Culture? They crashed in Leicester, not Thailand and obviously the police are the ones who release official information in this situation.

The police could be operating in line with the wishes of the family - who knows.

Under normal circumstances the police would have released the relevant info and would have admitted to any uncertainties that exist - that hasn't happened here so something's up.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,790 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

Econ__ wrote: »
    The police could be operating in line with the wishes of the family - who knows.

Under normal circumstances the police would have released the relevant info and would have admitted to any uncertainties that exist - that hasn't happened here so something's up.

Initially there was unconfirmed reports that Claude Puel was on-board. Also given that it was outside a football ground with 30000 just haven't left there was also the possibility of spectators being killed too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭Lashes28

Leicester city have released a statement on instagram,i presume all media outlets

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Sky sports confirming Vichai Srivaddhanaprabha died in the crash. RIP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,328 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Maybe they are waiting to let all families know 1st who was on board before releasing it to the public

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,325 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Tragic accident. A great man by all accounts. They released the names of the other 4 people too.

RIP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,727 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

wish Leicester city all the best - he created a dream , that became a reality - hope leicester continue the dream , life can be cruel , but football has a good side to help heal. R.I.P.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Kevin Finnerty

rob316 wrote: »
    Tragic accident. A great man by all accounts. They released the names of the other 4 people too.

RIP

2 employees 2 pilots by all accounts.
    Imagine being part of that set up to achieve what they did to lose one of the main instigators of it all in such tragic circumstances.
    Some rollercoaster. RIP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Pilot most likely a hero as many of the media picking up on now.
    Once I heard it crashed in a closed car park area, it really sounded like the pilot did his best to avoid a crowded area. This could have been far worse.
    He deserves a lot of praise also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭KathleenGrant

Beautiful tribute by Schmeichel. Terrible tragedy for a community.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

whiskeyman wrote: »
    Pilot most likely a hero as many of the media picking up on now.
    Once I heard it crashed in a closed car park area, it really sounded like the pilot did his best to avoid a crowded area. This could have been far worse.
    He deserves a lot of praise also.

Aye, look at the aerial shots, imagine if it came down on top of those warehouses

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,105 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

Sky Sports News reporting outside the ground filming from a helicopter doesn’t sit easy with me. Very insensitive considering what happened.

https://twitter.com/skysportsnews/status/1056910493053607943?s=21

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

FourFourFM wrote: »
    Sky Sports News reporting outside the ground filming from a helicopter doesn’t sit easy with me. Very insensitive considering what happened.

Ah here.

FourFourFM wrote: »

https://twitter.com/skysportsnews/status/1056910493053607943?s=21

Might not be great if it's a helicopter hovering over them.

But is it possibly a drone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,105 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

Might not be great if it's a helicopter hovering over them.

But is it possibly a drone?

The reporter said it was “the sky helicopter” so I’m assuming it was.

I just think that it would have been respectful to limit filming to equipment on the crowd and not to surround the stadium with a helicopter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Thats fairly ridiculous to be honest. If somebody dies in a car crash, it isn't insensitive to drive to work the next day.

Having negative opinions on the idea of new channels covering tragedies like entertainment news is perhaps something I could understand.....but your issue seems to be that they are using a helicopter which is just a bit silly, to be honest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Kirby wrote: »
    Thats fairly ridiculous to be honest. If somebody dies in a car crash, it isn't insensitive to drive to work the next day.

st.

I am not offended or outraged myself as such is the nature of media, it rarely allows for sensitivity if it gets in the way of a story but that is an absolutely terrible analogy in this specific circumstance.

Relatives, close ones, players, staff walking into the stadium today and having a chopper loudly hovering above with it's only use to catch a far glimpse of same people, given the specific incident and location of said incident.................well there are better ways to go about things.

It was pointless as much as inappropriate.

• Advertisement
Advertisement