Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sopranos Mafia - Family Redefined - GAME THREAD

Options

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭Frank WW

Ah, ok, legacy site switch helps here I think

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,409 ✭✭✭Ewan WW

Frank WW wrote: »
    His cop posting came in as a helpful little wolf. I think another poster touched on this already. Having some problems iso,Int on boards so difficult to analyse any posts since

But what was wolfy, be specific what about his post stuck with you as wolfy and why.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,146 ✭✭✭Barbara WW

Can those who were on but didn’t shoot explain why?

Those who weren’t on, why not? Haven’t tracked back yet on who was posting close to time either side but may be useful

Before the crazy time started, I outlined why I wouldn't shoot; I didn't have anywhere near a good read on anyone where I could say "If this person dies by my hand, I am confident they are bad". Without a gut feeling, there was no way I was going to risk hitting someone who could be important.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,600 ✭✭✭Nigel WW

Gert, Derry, gabs*, Fiona, frank*, angus*, holly*, barbara, riona,* Vernon*, Nigel, Orla*, Liam*, Mary*

14 posters between 1 and 2

10 fired shots
    Angus Wendy riona shot (2 of whom shot at others also)
    3 are confirmed village

Those who weren’t on, why not? Haven’t tracked back yet on who was posting close to time either side but may be useful

I wasn't sure who to go for and by the end of it Paulie and Jennifer were dead, with one villager gone so didn't think there was a need to given that it would probably be another villager gone at that stage even if successful.

Oisin WW wrote: »
    Evening guys. That was a rollercoaster of a read, great work village!

I'm glad to see the few things about Ewan and Clodagh from the COP thread cleared up. Ewan, I get your reasoning of seeing who would jump on a Clodagh bandwagon last night, but what if your bandwagon worked and you actually got Clodagh lynched? If Clodagh was village or RV, that was a bit of a risk to take just to be able to analyse a bandwagon in the aftermath.

Anyway, Wendy seemed to be the one who was closest to jumping on a Clodagh bandwagon. Can we take from that that Clodagh is at least not on Team Sopranos? Doesn't confirm Clodagh with the FBI out there, but it helps show that her and Wendy probably aren't on a team together. There was no one really posting at that time in COP yesterday, no wagon forming on Clodagh, so no need for Wendy to make that post to try to blend in with the common village opinion. If she and Clodagh were both on Team Sopranos, it wasn't the best post for Wendy to make.

Great that we got Paulie and Melfi, but one thing stands out to beware of - Did the FBI sniper get a shot away between 1 and 2pm today? The OP says they will have two bullets to fire at anytime. The OP does not say that the ITA sessions are limited to one bullet. So, would the ITA be a good place for the FBI sniper to hide their shot?

The mods replied with the request for a shot with each of the death announcements so I don't think the FBI sniper was involved. Outlandish villager theory or trying to cast doubt on villagers? Not sure yet.

• Advertisement

Ewan WW wrote: »
    Well it was a risk, but I felt I trusted the village as a whole to vote no lynch.

But you have made a good point about FBI sniper. I think its possible for them to disguise a kill in the mayhem.

The mods have quoted the person who put the order in each time so I can't see a sniper being able to hide in the mayhem.

Gabriel WW wrote: »

So in conclusion, a lot of valiant efforts, but some silly mistakes in the format, or timing, or genuine attempts a kill but failed due to the formula, or just trying to look villagery?

On this, the kill order for Riona wasn't in excatly the right format as there was no WW, so I don't think perfect format is required. Bold is necessary, that's been made clear.

But what was wolfy, be specific what about his post stuck with you as wolfy and why.

This was the first one that’s odd- way to eager an opening, feels way off
    Yeah big time

Someone is gonna get shafted. Hopefully a baddie .

Next one is really too helpful but without actually being helpful really
    I agree that a no lynch makes most sense right now. Serious risk of hitting a RV based on our lack of info. Also risk forcing a reveal on D0 which would be crazy so early.

That’s it, about as specific as I can be on limited posts from cop

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,295 ✭✭✭Gabriel WW

Nigel WW wrote: »
    On this, the kill order for Riona wasn't in excatly the right format as there was no WW, so I don't think perfect format is required. Bold is necessary, that's been made clear.

Hadn't spotted that. I think it's important for the order to be alone in a post too.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,061 ✭✭✭Holly WW

Who are we thinking for the lynch folks?

• Advertisement

*Exactly

Poor job past Nigel. That comma use is all over the place too.

This was the first one that’s odd- way to eager an opening, feels way off

Next one is really too helpful but without actually being helpful really

That’s it, about as specific as I can be on limited posts from cop

I dont see what exactly is wolfy though, youre just saying its wolfy...... is eager wolfy?

I dont see what exactly is wolfy though, youre just saying its wolfy...... is eager wolfy?

In fairness, Frank is giving the same reason I gave (see post 217). So Frank and I are in agreement on the wolfiness of the post, or he's copying me.

But why are you hounding him about it and not me? As a matter of interest?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Oisin WW

Gert, Derry, gabs*, Fiona, frank*, angus*, holly*, barbara, riona,* Vernon*, Nigel, Orla*, Liam*, Mary*

14 posters between 1 and 2

10 fired shots
    Angus Wendy riona shot (2 of whom shot at others also)
    3 are confirmed village

Was asleep after a very busy weekend.

Looking into this morning's events that I missed...

No munch could mean a BG protect, maybe one of them struck it lucky. However, since the OP doesn't have a 'no task' rule, it could also be that the wolves weren't successful with any task they might have had yesterday. The thread was so quiet, as well as being split between two different sites, it would have been risky to attempt a task.

Whatever happened, their kill this morning was not 'valid'...
    OP wrote:
    Should Team Sopranos fail to put in a valid kill order, the FBI will claim the night kill that night.

...so the FBI picked up that kill I reckon. However, the wording above about 'that night' isn't so clear. Does it mean that the FBI get the kill after tonight's lynch, to be announced at 10am tomorrow?

We could be looking at two kills tomorrow morning if so (wolves and FBI), plus a conversion/Witness Protection attempt.

The mods replied with the request for a shot with each of the death announcements so I don't think the FBI sniper was involved. Outlandish villager theory or trying to cast doubt on villagers? Not sure yet.

Thats a good counter point to be fair. The FBI shot wouldnt be a post replying to a request.

Holly WW wrote: »

Who are you thinking Holly?

I'm currently thinking about oisin for their FBI sniper theory, and Ewan for their response to it. Wouldn't say they are both though but one might be trying to cast doubt on the three villagers.

In fairness, Frank is giving the same reason I gave (see post 217). So Frank and I are in agreement on the wolfiness of the post, or he's copying me.

Hes one of 3 of had a failed hit, Im seeing what he specificlly thinks and why. He shouldnt have a problem answering them once hes on the up and up

I'm currently thinking about oisin for their FBI sniper theory, and Ewan for their response to it. Wouldn't say they are both though but one might be trying to cast doubt on the three villagers.

Both bad that should say. Although Ewan seems to have now also come around to the flaw in the plan.

Oisin has doubled down on the theories with this task business. They are right, it doesn't say no tasks but it was made cleared that everything that we need to know is in the op and I reckon that means there are no hidden tasks or anything like that.

Hes one of 3 of had a failed hit, Im seeing what he specificlly thinks and why. He shouldnt have a problem answering them once hes on the up and up

Okay.

5 had a failed hit btw.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,061 ✭✭✭Holly WW

Thinking Frank. Not sure why but I have a bad feeling about him.

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Oisin WW

The bolded part would have done just fine, without the rest of it which attempts to throw needless shade in the build-up to an unclear lynch vote.

This is a game about casting doubt, and I feel there's nothing outlandish about trying to keep the FBI sniper in mind after a slew of shooting. Interesting that you attempt to close down that avenue of investigation and call it outlandish.

Happy to answer, about as much detail as I can give tbh. Is eager wolfy? Yes it often is, certainly it’s worth looking at overhelpful players who arent actually helpful in a solving way, thought that’s easier as the game goes on

Just on your point though, where were you for ITAs?

Interestingly, three still left to post to Boards, though they've all been on CoP. Two of those voted no-lynch yesterday and one didn't vote so could be up for more self-votes against him (Brendan).

Both bad that should say. Although Ewan seems to have now also come around to the flaw in the plan.

Oisin has doubled down on the theories with this task business. They are right, it doesn't say no tasks but it was made cleared that everything that we need to know is in the op and I reckon that means there are no hidden tasks or anything like that.

The games so complicated I didnt even think about tasks this game

Liam WW wrote: »
    shoot: Fiona WW

Liam's one and only post thus far, in CoP or Boards, is a shoot order. Not a peep since.

Okay.

5 had a failed hit btw.

2 didnt count as were 2pm.

Happy to answer, about as much detail as I can give tbh. Is eager wolfy? Yes it often is, certainly it’s worth looking at overhelpful players who arent actually helpful in a solving way, thought that’s easier as the game goes on

Just on your point though, where were you for ITAs?

Why is eager wolfy though, can villagers not be eager too?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,146 ✭✭✭Barbara WW

Holly WW wrote: »

Given we got a wolf via shots today, is there a viable discussion to be had for another no lynch, if we can't come to an agreement?

2 didnt count as were 2pm.

True, but that shouldn't discount them as possible wolves. It would gain them villager points and they could say the only reason it failed was because it was out of time, rather than because they're wolves without a right to shoot.

• Advertisement

Oisin WW wrote: »
    The bolded part would have done just fine, without the rest of it which attempts to throw needless shade in the build-up to an unclear lynch vote.

This is a game about casting doubt, and I feel there's nothing outlandish about trying to keep the FBI sniper in mind after a slew of shooting. Interesting that you attempt to close down that avenue of investigation and call it outlandish.

I did try to close it down because it doesn't make sense. It doesn't fit with how the shots went down. But I don't know if you know that and are casting doubt on the three villagers we have or if you're genuinely a villager who threw out a theory so that we don't clear three people when one could be a sniper.

Do you agree that it doesn't fit that the sniper shot one of the three? If so, then I don't know why you have an issue with the rest of my piece. I'm not saying forget about the sniper. I'm saying it doesn't fit and I'm trying to weigh up whether you're good or bad because of that.

Advertisement