Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sopranos Mafia - Family Redefined - GAME THREAD

Options

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,295 ✭✭✭Gabriel WW

Orla WW wrote: »
    Did we not have a super late sign up player?

I don't think so. I'm going with those listed in post 99, and nobody signed up after that that's not listed.

Orla WW wrote: »
    If you guys want me to say I shouldnt have shot Angus I'll say it. I shouldn't have tried to shoot Angus.

Having taken a shot at him and him being killed by someone else and turning out to be nrv I copped on we shouldn't be killing willy nilly.

I made a mistake and I'm acknowledging it and intent on not making similar mistakes over and over.

Not me anyway. I'm not saying you shouldn't have shot him. I'm saying you shouldn't have shot him without giving him a chance to defend himself first.

Maybe the sub signed up after all (would that count as a "secret sign-up" if not listed in the original?) Anyway, it might be nothing, or it might be something. I just wanted it out there, just in case.

It was a tight lynch between Frank and Fiona yesterday. Just one vote in it. Yet Liam, who had earlier tried to shoot Fiona, and could have brought the lynch to a tie-breaker if he'd voted to lynch her, decided to go for no-lynch instead? His defence for no-lynch was that he thought he'd not voted at all, rather than he'd thought he'd voted for Fiona.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭Liam WW

Yep the no Lynch vote was something I did accidentally at 1349 yesterday, new to the game and thought voting was 9 to 10 and that anything before wasn't counted... Complacency on my part and have re-read the rules (about 5 times no lol).. so hopefully no more rookie mistakes

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,146 ✭✭✭Barbara WW

Gabriel WW wrote: »
    We vote no lynch we definitely don't get a wolf. We might have got a wolf by lynching. When do we ever have "proof" of a wolf. We've generally got best guess or hunches, and we go with that when voting. Sometimes we hit, sometimes we don't. You gonna wait for "proof" when you start shooting at 1pm?

Honestly, I nearly voted no lynch as well, as I had mentioned considering before hand.

I switched to Nigel to see what reaction I'd get; mainly cause he accused me and then super rapidly backpeddled when I called him out on it. Voted him to keep shaking that bush. Especially since I knew Frank or Fiona were likely screwed. That he's not mentioned it has me curious.

I've got a mad busy day today, including a long stretch where I physically wont have internet access of any kind.

I still don't get why Fiona voted Frank given the main accusations against Frank were a story that Fiona would have known was not true. And the "Ha, see, I'm 100% not a wolf!" post after Frank was revealed as an NRV comes off as way to pushy tbh. Especially when it proves nothing of the sort.

Liam's "confusion" about his vote has me suspicious of him too. Hoping that he wouldn't be called out on it by a mod? Maybe.

With limited net today, I'd have those three as the start of my #FFA2. Fiona, Liam & Nigel.

On that point, those unknowns who shot yesterday versus those they voted to lynch:

Orla shot Angus who was dead so couldn't vote to lynch him, voted no-lynch
    Liam shot Fiona but voted no-lynch
    Gertrude shot Fiona and voted to lynch her
    Vernon shot Fiona and voted to lynch her

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,963 ✭✭✭Fiona WW

Barbara WW wrote: »
    Honestly, I nearly voted no lynch as well, as I had mentioned considering before hand.

I switched to Nigel to see what reaction I'd get; mainly cause he accused me and then super rapidly backpeddled when I called him out on it. Voted him to keep shaking that bush. Especially since I knew Frank or Fiona were likely screwed. That he's not mentioned it has me curious.

I've got a mad busy day today, including a long stretch where I physically wont have internet access of any kind.

I still don't get why Fiona voted Frank given the main accusations against Frank were a story that Fiona would have known was not true. And the "Ha, see, I'm 100% not a wolf!" post after Frank was revealed as an NRV comes off as way to pushy tbh. Especially when it proves nothing of the sort.

Liam's "confusion" about his vote has me suspicious of him too. Hoping that he wouldn't be called out on it by a mod? Maybe.

With limited net today, I'd have those three as the start of my #FFA2. Fiona, Liam & Nigel.

It was suggested that we were a pair/team, so surely when he showed to be a NRV then those saying we were working together are wrong.

That was why I had that reaction, was more of a "thank fook" so I didn't need to go over the same crap again and again.

And why on earth would I not vote Frank? I thought he was a wolf, in fact, I was the second voter and not a bandwagoner. I went with my gut.

A story which wasn't true?? care to explain Babs?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,963 ✭✭✭Fiona WW

On that point, those unknowns who shot yesterday versus those they voted to lynch:

Orla shot Angus who was dead so couldn't vote to lynch him, voted no-lynch
    Liam shot Fiona but voted no-lynch
    Gertrude shot Fiona and voted to lynch her
    Vernon shot Fiona and voted to lynch her

Gosh, all those shots and they all failed??? Was there not as Frank said to shoot me too.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭Gertrude WW

@Orla

If we don't vote off wolfy people, then we have to waste shots on them in ITAs

The lynch is still the best tool available to the village to killing wolves

With how quiet the EOD was, I suppose it should have been a sign that we were lynching a villager. But no lynch still wasn't the best option. A better option would have been to have someone with more information(obv you Oral) to come in and make a case for someone else and force the wagons

• Advertisement

Fiona WW wrote: »
    Gosh, all those shots and they all failed??? Was there not as Frank said to shoot me too.

The standard on a lot of forums is to apply a 15% ITA hit rate. I would imagine the eventual tally of that formula is to have something not too far off that as an average.

Fiona WW wrote: »

Yeah, but Frank's no longer an unknown, I only included shots from the unknowns to compare with their lynch.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭Katie WW

I've looked at four of the six people that voted for the lynchee last night.

Brendan and Clodagh
    Only really have a handful of posts, could be a qolf under the radar, could be a RV under the radar, too little in their postings to say

Derry
    Comes across as villagery, showed a lot of (timely) concern in the run up to and during ITA yesterday wanted to question what was best for the village at the time, including a fear of outing an RV. One of the few (I didn't either) to do an FFA and give a rationale for his picks. Always a chance that he's a clever wolf embedding himself in the village, but for now, I am leaning village.

Ewan
    There's a very strong theme running through his circa 25 posts. It's all questioning others (which is fine) but very little in the way of putting his own actual thoughts on paper. When you skim his posts at first he seems a helpful villager but when you look a bit deeper under the hood I can't help but feel the only real substance to his posts are to question others - a handy way to keep post count up and look villagery at the same time - opposite ends of the spectrum to Derry.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭Henry WW

That was a interesting read back. Great to see we have a village core forming so early on and that we have defeated two of the bad team members.

I had a quick read of the thread yesterday before lynch and put my lynch vote in based on the discussion currently going on and their reaction to it.

Would anyone be able to post the final vote count from Changeofplans Sunday night ? I couldn't access on Sunday and I still cant access for some reason

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭Winifred WW

Hello everyone

Hello wini

I think you're a wolf wini.

Not because of your vote but because of the reasoning given

I'm a NRV, but yeah I don't doubt I'm one of the scummy ones.

Anyway, I'll try to be more active today, ok?

Cop: Number 1, step forward.
    Hockney: Hand me the keys, you ****ing ****.
    Cop: Number 2, step forward.
    McManus: Give me the ****ing keys, you ****ing ****sucking mother****er. Aaarrrghh.
    Cop: Knock it off. Get back. Number 3, step forward.
    Fenster: [laughing] Hand me the keys, you ****.
    Cop: In English, please?
    Fenster: Excuse me?
    Cop: In English.
    Fenster: Hand me the ****ing keys, you ****, what the ****?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,422 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Day 2 Begins.

Lynch Form is Open.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,722 ✭✭✭Derry WW

Morning all. On the wit pro front the OP says it happens at 10am so nobody would be in yet right?
    Also, although OP says FBI members shots wont be processed during ITA is it possible that they could use it for cover? Just thinking.

Hahahahaha.

Stupid wolves

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,714 ✭✭✭Vernon WW

well played village heroes :)

Vigi-gods!

Derry WW wrote: »
    Morning all. On the wit pro front the OP says it happens at 10am so nobody would be in yet right?
    Also, although OP says FBI members shots wont be processed during ITA is it possible that they could use it for cover? Just thinking.

Dodge for them

If they do a pretend ITA and then put in a kill order, the mods won't confirm an ITA hit in the death notice so they'll out themselves immediately.

I think theyd more likely try pin another player to collar instead.

Derry WW wrote: »

Thought it was a night-time thing:
    The head FBI member can attempt to turn a mafia player each night.

Night starts right after lynch and ends at munch. So I guess FBI could pick their player any time during that time and their time in WP starts from then.

Katie WW wrote: »
    Dodge for them

If they do a pretend ITA and then put in a kill order, the mods won't confirm an ITA hit in the death notice so they'll out themselves immediately.

I think theyd more likely try pin another player to collar instead.

I didn't elaborate as I was worried about dying and the laptop took forever to boot up. I was just throwing stuff out there for discussion if I ended up sleeping with the fishes. I'm trying to see all the angles which never actually happens but want to keep people talking. I think having some kind of strategy for the ITAs might be a good idea but I don't have a good idea as to what that strategy might be yet

Thought it was a night-time thing:

Night starts right after lynch and ends at munch. So I guess FBI could pick their player any time during that time and their time in WP starts from then.

Yeah I'm a bit confused because the OP also says
    Mafia kills and FBI conversion attempts are in the morning at 10am.

• Advertisement

I thought there'd be deaths

Advertisement