Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sopranos Mafia - Family Redefined - GAME THREAD

Options

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Clodagh WW

Good morning all.

Apologies for the lack of activity but this game really couldn’t have fallen on busier days for me. I’ll be on her for a few hours this afternoon if I can.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,409 ✭✭✭Ewan WW

Derry WW wrote: »
    I didn't elaborate as I was worried about dying and the laptop took forever to boot up. I was just throwing stuff out there for discussion if I ended up sleeping with the fishes. I'm trying to see all the angles which never actually happens but want to keep people talking. I think having some kind of strategy for the ITAs might be a good idea but I don't have a good idea as to what that strategy might be yet

What made you think you were dying?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,722 ✭✭✭Derry WW

Gabriel WW wrote: »
    Thank-you. Now, the reason I asked, is this: 21 players signed up. We have 24 Anon Accounts. Two of those extra anon accounts can be explained by the two double accounts. What's the story with the third? Mods have said that there's no secret sign-up, or secret double account. They also said to read Rule 1 when asking about anon accounts. I have. And I'm still confused. So, thoughts people?

Just on this, maybe they added an anon account for a sub so that they'd not be tied to previous posting history?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,061 ✭✭✭Holly WW

Wow awful start for the wolves. Happy days for the rest of us though.

Ewan WW wrote: »
    What made you think you were dying?

Nothing in particular. I didn't think I'd be defo dead or anything but the wolves know I'm not one of them so I'm a candidate for the munch. Given that there's 3 known villagers but 2 bodyguards I suspected wolves would go outside of the knowns at this early stage to increase their odds of a kill. They didn't obvs (hahahaha) but it was a just in case post.

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 2,714 ✭✭✭Vernon WW

Morning all. On the wit pro front the OP says it happens at 10am so nobody would be in yet right?
    Also, although OP says FBI members shots wont be processed during ITA is it possible that they could use it for cover? Just thinking.

Well the only possible FBI kills are Holly and Mary if they were correctly able to guess that Holly was shooting Paulie and Mary was shooting Melfi.

But it seems to imply that their vig shot is only to shoot outed players.

So in that case, I dont think there were any counted FBI shots so far and if they do shoot anyone, they can only shoot people who out themselves
    The FBI sniper also has 2 shots they can use at any time in an attempt to kill a roled player. Should they be successful in guessing the Correct Role and Boards Anon Name, the player will be killed, and the FBI sniper will retain his shot. This is an anti-role claim mechanic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭WerewolfGM

Would anyone be able to post the final vote count from Changeofplans Sunday night ? I couldn't access on Sunday and I still cant access for some reason

Lynch Day 0

+
    +
    +
    | Lynch Candidate| Votes |
    +
    +
    +
    | No Lynch | "Desmond WW, Orla WW, Angus WW, Derry WW, Holly WW, |
    | | Gabriel WW, Clodagh WW, Jake WW, Oisin WW, Fiona WW,|
    | | Henry WW, Liam WW, Wendy WW, Ewan WW" |
    +
    +
    +
    | Barbara WW | Barbara WW |
    +
    +
    +
    | Brendan WW | Brendan WW |
    +
    +
    +
    | Frank WW | Frank WW |
    +
    +
    +
    | Gertrude WW | Gertrude WW |
    +
    +
    +
    | Katie WW | Katie WW |
    +
    +
    +
    | Mary WW | Mary WW |
    +
    +
    +
    | Nigel WW | Nigel WW |
    +
    +
    +
    | Riona WW | Riona WW |
    +
    +
    +
    | Vernon WW | Vernon WW |
    +
    +
    +
    | Winifred WW | Winifred WW |
    +
    +
    +

Vernon WW wrote: »

Ok...I didn't read it that way. Given the OP says that they have to correctly guess the role and anon name, I'm confused - which is nothing new for me :pac:

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭Gertrude WW

Nice observation Vernon. I was starting to suspect Holly, Gabriel and Mary myself and I didn't want to

Thanks WerewolfGM

I'm glad there was no lynch n0 lol for all the people like me who couldn't get on Sunday :D

• Advertisement

Not sure how useful Night0 votes are. Confusion about where the game was etc. Plus it seems everyone who did vote, voted No Lynch.

I saw Derry list himself as someone who thought they would die, but I was sure you were getting shot last night Gertrude. You seem to really be on point with the mechanics and did a bit of Captaining during the ITA's. Plus you have one of the highest post counts

Not sure how useful Night0 votes are. Confusion about where the game was etc. Plus it seems everyone who did vote, voted No Lynch.

it has no use at all.

Like I said, I only wanted to know what they were because I couldn't access COP on my account and I was curious what way the votes fell

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,295 ✭✭✭Gabriel WW

Henry WW wrote: »
    That was a interesting read back. Great to see we have a village core forming so early on and that we have defeated two of the bad team members.

I had a quick read of the thread yesterday before lynch and put my lynch vote in based on the discussion currently going on and their reaction to it.

Hey Henry, first post in Boards, third overall. Why shouldn't we shoot you in the ITA?

I would also be happy to shoot Desmond. Still no-show on Boards. Though I also wonder if a wolf would be that obviously absent.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,600 ✭✭✭Nigel WW

Vernon WW wrote: »
    Well the only possible FBI kills are Holly and Mary if they were correctly able to guess that Holly was shooting Paulie and Mary was shooting Melfi.

So in that case, I dont think there were any counted FBI shots so far and if they do shoot anyone, they can only shoot people who out themselves

The mods quoted the kill request during the ITAs for all three deaths and I can only see them doing that for legit ITA kills, rather than trying to provide cover for FBI kills.

I would also be happy to shoot Desmond. Still no-show on Boards. Though I also wonder if a wolf would be that obviously absent.

A defeated wolf might

They were decimated yesterday

Barbara WW wrote: »
    Yeah, I don't get this.

Right, there was a village misunderstanding that made people worry Frank and Fiona were a team.

Fiona surely knew that was a mistake, and she wasn't working with Frank.

So....voted Frank.

Why? Was there another reason to vote Frank this evening?

Just on this, Fiona knowing that was a mistake (Fiona and Frank being an evil that is) would mean that she wasn't on a team with Frank. How would that mean Fiona knew Frank was good?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭Henry WW

Hey Henry, first post in Boards, third overall. Why shouldn't we shoot you in the ITA?

I can’t make up for my abscence so far and can’t stop ye shooting me. I will be more available for today and hope to be able to prove myself to the village

Liam WW wrote: »
    Yep the no Lynch vote was something I did accidentally at 1349 yesterday, new to the game and thought voting was 9 to 10 and that anything before wasn't counted... Complacency on my part and have re-read the rules (about 5 times no lol).. so hopefully no more rookie mistakes

This does seem a believable mistake to make. Seems more likely to me that it was a mistake than a wolf planned this.

• Advertisement

Nigel WW wrote: »
    The mods quoted the kill request during the ITAs for all three deaths and I can only see them doing that for legit ITA kills, rather than trying to provide cover for FBI kills.

In fairness, we probably won't know for sure until we see a genuine FBI kill.

Honestly, I nearly voted no lynch as well, as I had mentioned considering before hand.

I switched to Nigel to see what reaction I'd get; mainly cause he accused me and then super rapidly backpeddled when I called him out on it. Voted him to keep shaking that bush. Especially since I knew Frank or Fiona were likely screwed. That he's not mentioned it has me curious.

I've got a mad busy day today, including a long stretch where I physically wont have internet access of any kind.

I still don't get why Fiona voted Frank given the main accusations against Frank were a story that Fiona would have known was not true. And the "Ha, see, I'm 100% not a wolf!" post after Frank was revealed as an NRV comes off as way to pushy tbh. Especially when it proves nothing of the sort.

Liam's "confusion" about his vote has me suspicious of him too. Hoping that he wouldn't be called out on it by a mod? Maybe.

With limited net today, I'd have those three as the start of my #FFA2. Fiona, Liam & Nigel.

Hey Barbara, I said from the start there wasn't much there. I notice that you still haven't really address the content of my post though. You dismissed it as being just because you posted. I admitted it wasn't a well thought out accusation but the accusation remains unaddressed.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,409 ✭✭✭Ewan WW

Henry WW wrote: »
    I can’t make up for my abscence so far and can’t stop ye shooting me. I will be more available for today and hope to be able to prove myself to the village

How do you plan on proving yourself Henry?

In fairness, we probably won't know for sure until we see a genuine FBI kill.

You do have a point there and it is possible but FBI can't have ITAs processed, so that means that FBI sniper kills could only really be between 1-2 and ordered in the same manner as ITAs and also confirmed in the same manner by the mods. If they were to be confirmed outside 1-2 (the OP says they can be used any time), then we'd know who the FBI sniper is because no-one else can shoot outside 1-2 I believe.

Given that the OP says the sniper can kill at any time I'd have to imagine the mechanic is different. Otherwise the sniper has to shoot between 1-2 or will be discovered straight away.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,146 ✭✭✭Barbara WW

Nigel WW wrote: »
    Hey Barbara, I said from the start there wasn't much there. I notice that you still haven't really address the content of my post though. You dismissed it as being just because you posted. I admitted it wasn't a well thought out accusation but the accusation remains unaddressed.

The accusation was that I posted. You even admitted that you weren't sure if that was a good or a bad thing. There's not much of an accusation to address beyond that, is there?

Anyway, was just curious to see what your reaction to my voting for you would be, and can't say I've got a read from it either way. One filed away for the future :)

Given we got a wolf via shots today, is there a viable discussion to be had for another no lynch, if we can't come to an agreement?
    Fair enough. Have to admit I'm seeing a bit of circumstancal stuff and very little solid right now.
    It's very quite, considering we aren't far off lynch time...
    ThInk I've counted two so far.

I just legit don't have three names I could put on one myself right now.

Your four posts before my post Barbara. You're right that it was pretty quiet, because there hadn't been many posts between seven and around half eight when I posted. But you mentioned going for a no lynch and said you didn't have three names to put on an FFA. Did you have anyone that might go on one because you didn't seem to mention anyone specific in the hours prior to my post?

The accusation was that I posted. You even admitted that you weren't sure if that was a good or a bad thing. There's not much of an accusation to address beyond that, is there?

Anyway, was just curious to see what your reaction to my voting for you would be, and can't say I've got a read from it either way. One filed away for the future :)

The accusation was that you posted saying it was awfully quiet, but didn't really offer your thoughts on anyone at that stage. Just said it was quiet. The accusation wasn't that you had simply posted but what you had posted.

Ewan WW wrote: »
    How do you plan on proving yourself Henry?

Give his current posting rate, he'll be revealing that from the dead room

So, wolves put in a kill order against one of their own, presumably, which invalidated it.

It was also probably a last minute change, otherwise the wolf being targeted would likely have tried to dissuade them of that intention. Either that, or it was a target to a low poster who hasn't been around here much, or in the back-room to right them of their munch target.

So, because of the Chris and Sal situation, they've been probably keeping their anon accounts quiet up until now, but now they know at least who one of them is.

On top of that, unless we have a villager claiming to have been in WP, one of them probably is now part of team FBI, and has a chance of dying tonight after lynch.

Wonder why the FBI didn't get a kill though if the mafia's one was invalid?

• Advertisement

So, wolves put in a kill order against one of their own, presumably, which invalidated it.

It was also probably a last minute change, otherwise the wolf being targeted would likely have tried to dissuade them of that intention. Either that, or it was a target to a low poster who hasn't been around here much, or in the back-room to right them of their munch target.

So, because of the Chris and Sal situation, they've been probably keeping their anon accounts quiet up until now, but now they know at least who one of them is.

On top of that, unless we have a villager claiming to have been in WP, one of them probably is now part of team FBI, and has a chance of dying tonight after lynch.

Wonder why the FBI didn't get a kill though if the mafia's one was invalid?

That's why I assumed they went for a protected player. A wolf on wolf attack isn't valid.

Advertisement