Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sopranos Mafia - Family Redefined - GAME THREAD

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,418 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Day 1 dawns.

And, in the most placid village ever created - no one died.

Lynch form open. Lynch at 9pm. ITAs at 1pm-2pm.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭Riona WW

Necrominus wrote: »
    Day 1 dawns.

And, in the most placid village ever created - no one died.

Lynch form open. Lynch at 9pm. ITAs at 1pm-2pm.

Wait, what?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,722 ✭✭✭Derry WW

An oddly blood and death free morning. Definitely a weird start. Did BG get a protect in or is it one of the many mechanics I'm still trying to get handle on?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,295 ✭✭✭Gabriel WW

Twas only last night....

[QUOTE=Wendy WW]That said if I was to lynch someone, Clodagh seems as good as any. I will probably go no lynch.[/QUOTE]

I reckon if there was more of a bandwagon on Clodagh you'd have been happy to jump. The bandwagon was instead on No Lynch so you went that way. Just strikes me as, at best, easily led, and at worst, pocketing. I'll not decide which way yet. I actually have in mind somebody else as wolfy (mafiay???) and will see how the day progresses on them.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,146 ✭✭✭Barbara WW

Riona WW wrote: »
    Wait, what?

BG protection?

• Advertisement

^Shoulda previewed first :rolleyes:

Barbara WW wrote: »
    BG protection?

Maybe. But usually a BG protect will show as a failed kill, rather than no-kill.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭Wendy WW

Gabriel WW wrote: »
    Twas only last night....

I reckon if there was more of a bandwagon on Clodagh you'd have been happy to jump. The bandwagon was instead on No Lynch so you went that way. Just strikes me as, at best, easily led, and at worst, pocketing. I'll not decide which way yet. I actually have in mind somebody else as wolfy (mafiay???) and will see how the day progresses on them.

Lead? I voted against lynching anyone on my own volition.

Clodagh was as good as anyone, no one stuck out.

But please, continue to twist my words

And one final thing before I head for breakfast...

Clodagh's lack of comment on Ewan's accusation is also worth musing over. She was on and posted before Ewan clarified it was meant to be a trap. Yet, nothing to say on the matter.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,927 ✭✭✭Orla WW

Those two events are a net win of +2 for the village. Nice one.

• Advertisement

I reckon it was a bg protect. Also interesting to note we won't be told if bg protects took effect. Pain in the hoop.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,146 ✭✭✭Barbara WW

Orla WW wrote: »
    I reckon it was a bg protect. Also interesting to note we won't be told if bg protects took effect. Pain in the hoop.

Actually, reading the OP, there is another possibility, isn't there?

Were there other actions due for Lynch time. When does the conversion take place? We didn't hear about that. Usually I'd say that means it's failed but I wouldn't be as sure this time cause we didn't find out why the munch failed.

Barbara WW wrote: »
    Actually, reading the OP, there is another possibility, isn't there?

Could the Sopranos team have targeted Tony? That would block a kill. I'm not seeing anything else that would block a kill order.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,409 ✭✭✭Ewan WW

Orla pushing up the post count I see

Could the Sopranos team have targeted Tony? That would block a kill. I'm not seeing anything else that would block a kill order.

Its certainly a realistic possibility.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭Jake WW

Neither of the BGs can be sure which protection worked

Only the mafia and a big pussy knows who was targeted.

Ewan WW wrote: »
    Orla pushing up the post count I see

I logged in for the lynch and am posting what I see. I won't be around much today so I'll post while I can.

Assume you are hinting at the lunchtime gun fun round?

What's the plan for that then? Everyone takes a pot shot and hope we get lucky?

Everyone takes a pot shot and hope we get lucky?

That sounds like a really bad idea.

Maybe we should vote on who to target. Anyone who fires outside of agreed target is to be looked at. Target gets a chance to defend themselves. If first shot fails, somebody else tries to shoot the same person again?

I logged in for the lynch and am posting what I see. I won't be around much today so I'll post while I can.

Assume you are hinting at the lunchtime gun fun round?

What's the plan for that then? Everyone takes a pot shot and hope we get lucky?

Who are you shooting Orla since youve clearly got a gun.

You laid low before munch, now youre here with your post count going up. FBI?

• Advertisement

Necrominus wrote: »
    Should Team Sopranos fail to put in a valid kill order, the FBI will claim the night kill that night.

In the event of the Mafia's shot being protected by BG, would the FBI not get a kill? We would have had to be extremely lucky for both kills to have failed - they either went after the same protected player, or two different people which both our BGs manage to protect each.

That is, if today's no-kill was because of BG.

Jake WW wrote: »
    Neither of the BGs can be sure which protection worked

Only the mafia and a big pussy knows who was targeted.

Why did you specifically mention Pussy?

Ewan WW wrote: »
    Who are you shooting Orla since youve clearly got a gun.

You laid low before munch, now youre here with your post count going up. FBI?

The point is everyone has a gun Ewan. I laid low like everyone always does because I don't want to be munched. I'm no more boosting my post count than you are.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭Winifred WW

ITA's soonish?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,600 ✭✭✭Nigel WW

Gabriel WW wrote: »
    In the event of the Mafia's shot being protected by BG, would the FBI not get a kill? We would have had to be extremely lucky for both kills to have failed - they either went after the same protected player, or two different people which both our BGs manage to protect each.

That is, if today's no-kill was because of BG.

Seems like FBI gets a kill if the Mafia does not get a valid kill order in. Bodyguard doesn't make a kill order invalid, well at least I wouldn't imagine they do.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭Winifred WW

oops nvm

I dont think the NRVs get guns, unless ive misread the OP. My reading was only BGs, Paulie and the sniper get guns. Am I wrong?

oops nvm

This is very strange

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭Riona WW

On my phone, so having troubles. Has everyone posted?

• Advertisement

Wendy WW wrote: »
    I dont think the NRVs get guns, unless ive misread the OP. My reading was only BGs, Paulie and the sniper get guns. Am I wrong?

Yes, very.

Vig gets automatic hit. NRVs and other non-Vigs get a chance hit based on formula.

Advertisement