Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sopranos Mafia - Family Redefined - GAME THREAD

Options

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,409 ✭✭✭Ewan WW

Gabriel WW wrote: »
    Anyone else feel Katie/Ewan is staged? Firing at each other knowing that they wouldn't hid regardless?

Ill happily vote her to the gallows tonight if ya like

Shoot :

instead of

Shoot:

As I said, I don't know how strict the mods will be. It could have been a valid shot, just failed. Adding in anything I see is all.

That would be very pedantic if true , its hard enough to bold on mobile

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,295 ✭✭✭Gabriel WW

Ewan WW wrote: »
    That would be very pedantic if true , its hard enough to bold on mobile

source.gif

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,722 ✭✭✭Derry WW

Well after all that lack of carnage, I'm off to get some food.

Katie WW wrote: »
    I pointed it out for you.
    maybe read the thread once in a while. it tends to help... a bit.

Listen, ive a tough job where I cant always get online, i joined up as a favor last mintue to help the mods out, ive been doing my best despite real life issues to get online when i can and catch up.

I dont need this ****e

Vote in for Katie, couldnt care less who she is. Screw this game

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Mary WW

After the ammount of discussion about the way in which the succesful shots were submitted last time I am surprised there was so much discreptancy (sp?) this time. Good acting from a wolf?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭Katie WW

Listen, ive a tough job where I cant always get online, i joined up as a favor last mintue to help the mods out, ive been doing my best despite real life issues to get online when i can and catch up.

I dont need this ****e

Vote in for Katie, couldnt care less who she is. Screw this game

don't we all. It isn't always easy that's for sure - I couldn't hardly access yesterday at all.
    but you're approach and attitude doesn't reflect RL pressures tbh. It reflects something else.

this is just

pramthrow.gif.html

don't we all. It isn't always easy that's for sure - I couldn't hardly access yesterday at all.
    but you're approach and attitude doesn't reflect RL pressures tbh. It reflects something else.

this is just

pramthrow.gif.html

Right, Ive had enough of this. Im going back to work.

How the fcuk do you know what real life pressures I have and who are you to judge me on how I handle them.

I try my best to do what I can, when I can. If you wanna be spew smart comments and assumptions about by play then fine, so be it. But I dont need this. I didnt need this game and I didnt need to be letting it take time away from RL matters.

What does my play reflect?

Did you ever stop to think that maybe Im a confused RV that is not only pushed for time but still confused with the fiull mechanics of this game?

I get that people pushing your buttons is part of this game but Im not in the right mental frame for this , not this week.

Your on your one village. Im done

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭Winifred WW

Sigh I really need to remind myself there's an ITA session.

horrible luck in them though

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,963 ✭✭✭Fiona WW

Not that I'm aware of. Maybe Fiona knows something. But if so, she picked the wrong one to target. I'd like to hear this thing she knows though.
    Are you planning on actually offering an explanation. Whether it lands or not, it's a very strange move for you, and sets huge spotlights in your direction. You looking to get shot?

It was for S&G!

AND I copied the format straight from the OP.
    I was bored and nothing was happening and thought I would liven things up a bit.

I was AFK again, same time as yesterday soz

• Advertisement

Right, Ive had enough of this. Im going back to work.

How the fcuk do you know what real life pressures I have and who are you to judge me on how I handle them.

I try my best to do what I can, when I can. If you wanna be spew smart comments and assumptions about by play then fine, so be it. But I dont need this. I didnt need this game and I didnt need to be letting it take time away from RL matters.

What does my play reflect?

Did you ever stop to think that maybe Im a confused RV that is not only pushed for time but still confused with the fiull mechanics of this game?

I get that people pushing your buttons is part of this game but Im not in the right mental frame for this , not this week.

Your on your one village. Im done

Ok. Hope you're OK in real life.
    No game is worth putting more pressure on yourself.

Stepping away now.

Fiona WW wrote: »
    It was for S&G!

AND I copied the format straight from the OP.
    I was bored and nothing was happening and thought I would liven things up a bit.

I was AFK again, same time as yesterday soz

Hey stop stealing my phrase :p

Hey stop stealing my phrase :p

I seen, I liked, I stealed :P

Fiona WW wrote: »
    I seen, I liked, I stealed :P

Criminal behaviour...

Mafia are criminals...

J'accuse!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 778 ✭✭✭Jack Moore

There is no penalty for the fbi head electing not to convert

Derry WW wrote: »
    Criminal behaviour...

Mafia are criminals...

J'accuse!

I accept le charge! call the Gendarmerie

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Mary WW

Jack Moore wrote: »
    There is no penalty for the fbi head electing not to convert

Well atleast we know that needed clarification so probably happened. Means we probably don't have to worry about anything until after lynch. Many planning on doing FFAs? The amount of people shooting you would think a few would be able to do them this time. TBH they would probably be helpful as most of the reasons for shots didn't have me convinced to also shoot.

My thoughts:
    Desmond - still no posts on Boards, five on CoP. But he got his vote in yesterday. A wolf hoping we'll just think: he can't be such an inactive wolf? I say if he votes today but still not posting then we all ITA him tomorrow but leave for lynch for now.

Clodagh - very quiet, 11 posts only. Only drama around her is the Ewan claiming she was a wolf and then retracting it.

Ewan - not completely easy about him.

Fiona - no idea what she's playing at with her shooting during today's ITAs. Frank being good doesn't prove anything about her, except that he thought she was bad (I personally think his defending her about the bank holiday was a mountain out of a molehill). Kinda leaning towards a NRV who's bored, as a wolf would less likely have pulled that ITA stunt, maybe.

Henry - only four posts, promised to be online more, no sign yet.

Katie - odd insinuating today that I was Chris. Big spat with Ewan earlier felt a bit staged. Could be way off though. Very loose with her gun during ITA (only her first good order would have counted, it turns out, but we didn't know that at the time) and could have hit a rolled villager.

Liam - would give him a by for the moment based on being a newbie, could have been a genuine mistake voting no lynch yesterday.

Orla - insisting on no lynch being the way to go, doesn't want to lynch without proof, didn't show up for the ITAs today.

Winifred - voted for me in yesterday's lynch, somewhat odd behaviour today.

Mary and Holly - pending more information on the sniper, I'm happy to have them as almost certain villagers.

The rest I'm either neutral or have slight villager leans on.

So, that's my FFA of sorts. A few there I could choose to vote from.

Mary WW wrote: »
    Well atleast we know that needed clarification so probably happened. Means we probably don't have to worry about anything until after lynch. Many planning on doing FFAs? The amount of people shooting you would think a few would be able to do them this time. TBH they would probably be helpful as most of the reasons for shots didn't have me convinced to also shoot.

It's been fairly dead today.

I'll probably be sticking with my initial morning thoughts.
    Unfortunately I don't know how strict the shooting rules are in terms of the shoot command.

Fiona and Brendan would be additionnaly suss for me, but taking it that Fiona felt there are strict rules in place so decided to take the p1ss I'm less gone her being dodge just because of that. But without a definitive guidance on the rules I think it was inherently risk move to make.

On the otherhand Brendan posted a number of (potentially) fake shots (with errors in the shoot command), all aimed at Fiona. It screamed a little of trying to look villagery after Fiona targeted Gabriel but at the same time was completely non-committal and safe, if the rules are so strict.

I'm short it's pretty confusing and for now, I'm likely sticking with Ewan as my top target but there's a lot of time left for that thinking to evolve further.

Derry WW wrote: »
    Dinner eith friends in a few so if it's FFAs I'm going for Frank Fiona and Gertrude.

Frank and Fiona for their interplay, strikes me as wolfy fake antagonism.
    Gertrude seemed keen to shoot but left it late to do so and mentioned padding post count.

It's not much to go on but it's day 1.
    I missed the time slot because I was trying to let shots resolve and just left it fractions too late

I was padding my post count to give my shots more effectiveness. But I think if you see the content of my posts, I'm doing a lot more than just padding.

I've got my eye on you

@Gertrude. What's your opinion of Derry since about 24 hour ago?

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭Brendan WW

Fiona I still don't like, soz Fiona, Liamo aswell, his excuses didn't wash with me re his vote! Katie decided to try shoot me but tried to draw the kill this morning so I'm kinda leaning good on Katie! Could have been a wolf playing with us but i can't see wolves being ballsy after yesterdays start.

I also can see one or two wolves keeping quiet during ITAs after yesterdays shootings. Out of sight, out of mind!

It's been fairly dead today.

I'll probably be sticking with my initial morning thoughts.
    Unfortunately I don't know how strict the shooting rules are in terms of the shoot command.

Fiona and Brendan would be additionnaly suss for me, but taking it that Fiona felt there are strict rules in place so decided to take the p1ss I'm less gone her being dodge just because of that. But without a definitive guidance on the rules I think it was inherently risk move to make.

On the otherhand Brendan posted a number of (potentially) fake shots (with errors in the shoot command), all aimed at Fiona. It screamed a little of trying to look villagery after Fiona targeted Gabriel but at the same time was completely non-committal and safe, if the rules are so strict.

I'm short it's pretty confusing and for now, I'm likely sticking with Ewan as my top target but there's a lot of time left for that thinking to evolve further.

A wolf wanting to look villagery wouldn't need to badly format the kill order. a perfect kill order could still be placed in the knowledge that it won't be acted on anyway, and then we could just put it down to the formula not being on their side.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Oisin WW

Afternoon guys. Good day for the village so far, I was expecting to come into a thread made lighter by morning kills and another ITA pillage.

I had a theory yesterday as to why the wolves might have missed their munch (didn't complete Sunday tasks) but I've no idea why they missed today's munch. BG protect? Maybe.

That's the munch. However, the ITA is starting to give me concern. Yesterday, there were 3 successful shots, but today none? That's strange. I got myself on FFAs yesterday for suggesting this, but I can't help but feel something might not be right with these ITAs in the context of them clearing villagers. That they might be a device to allow a sniper to get their shot away without being noticed. Of course, if the sniper had to type 'Shoot: Fred WW' in thread, that would not be fair on them as they would be found out. However, if the game had daily ITA sessions for them to blend in with, that's the perfect cover for the sniper.

No sniper shot yet? That's...patient. Ok, the sniper might be saving their bullets for an end-game situation, but apparently 3 villagers were cleared during yesterday's ITA. Would the sniper not have felt confident taking a shot on one of them in the 24 hours since then?

Elsewhere...

The absence of some players at this stage is starting to raise my suspicions. The likes of Henry and Desmond have barely been here, but still got their votes in last night.

There is no minimum post requirement in this game or a modkill punishment for low posting. This is the perfect game for wolves to lie low in, or for a 2nd anonymous account to be barely used. Of course, there is an RV who has 2 accounts so I'm not suggesting we outright try to sniff out a 2nd account, but just beware that we need to take care of the low posters ourselves in this game. There's no 'That's a waste of a lynch, that player will be modkilled' line of thinking, it's up to us to take care of it.

With the calculations involved, if I'm reading it right, the more ITA kills the less likely one will occur again?

Also with the thread being relatively slow moving therefore no one with a high number of posts, the odds of hitting the required number will also increase.

Its not shocking that there was no successful ITAs today.

Oisin WW wrote: »
    However, the ITA is starting to give me concern. Yesterday, there were 3 successful shots, but today none? That's strange. I got myself on FFAs yesterday for suggesting this, but I can't help but feel something might not be right with these ITAs in the context of them clearing villagers.

Even if you're wrong, I don't think you're coming across as wolfie to open the possibility that the cleared aren't as cleared as it looks. I know I'm alright, but there could well be a mechanic whereby a baddie could hide among the successful ITA shots, I guess.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭Desmond WW

Hello everyone. Apologies for the lack of posting since Sunday. RL stuff came up and I've tried my best but haven't really been able to follow the thread or contribute. I put in a vote yesterday as I checked in and there seemed to be a lot of discussion around Fiona And Frank, so I went for Frank.

My RL stuff is still ongoing so tbh I'm not going to be much use to anyone but I'll do everything I'm supposed to.

I'll try post more tomorrow as well. Work should be quiet with people off for the week covering mid term.

Brendan WW wrote: »
    With the calculations involved, if I'm reading it right, the more ITA kills the less likely one will occur again?

Also with the thread being relatively slow moving therefore no one with a high number of posts, the odds of hitting the required number will also increase.

Its not shocking that there was no successful ITAs today.

There were also only six valid orders, if I'm counting right. I think there are 12 players, or 13 accounts eligible to place orders, so that's less than half. If we really want to off somebody we need to hit hard with all players attempting.

On mobile so can't easily find it but a bit concerned by one of Jake's posts.

I started looking at outlier votes as I think that it's unlikely that all the bad guys landed on Frank and Fiona last night especially if Fiona is a baddie. His vote for Liam was odd and his explanation for it didn't sit well with me

Desmond WW wrote: »
    Hello everyone. Apologies for the lack of posting since Sunday. RL stuff came up and I've tried my best but haven't really been able to follow the thread or contribute. I put in a vote yesterday as I checked in and there seemed to be a lot of discussion around Fiona And Frank, so I went for Frank.

My RL stuff is still ongoing so tbh I'm not going to be much use to anyone but I'll do everything I'm supposed to.

I'll try post more tomorrow as well. Work should be quiet with people off for the week covering mid term.
    WerewolfGM wrote: »
    Day 1 vote results

Lynch Candidate|No. of Votes|Votes
    Frank WW|6|Derry WW, Fiona WW, Clodagh WW, Holly WW, Ewan WW, Brendan WW
    Fiona WW|5|Frank WW, Desmond WW, Henry WW, Gertrude WW, Vernon WW
    Ewan WW|2|Nigel WW, Oisis WW
    Katie WW|2|Katie WW*, Katie WW*
    No Lynch|2|Liam WW, Orla WW
    Gabriel WW|1|Winifred WW
    Desmond WW|1|Gabriel WW
    Gertrude WW|1|Mary WW
    Liam WW|1|Jake WW
    Nigel WW|1|Barabra WW

* forced votes

? :)

• Advertisement

There were also only six valid orders, if I'm counting right. I think there are 12 players, or 13 accounts eligible to place orders, so that's less than half. If we really want to off somebody we need to hit hard with all players attempting.

100%, more chance of success with more attempts and also higher posters likely to be more successful, if I'm reading the formula right

Advertisement