Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sopranos Mafia - Family Redefined - GAME THREAD

Options

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,722 ✭✭✭Derry WW

Derry WW wrote: »
    Orla to be fair, you've been conspicuous in your absence today. It's what made me vote for you. Why a no-show for the ITA?

Where, btw, I tried and failed to shoot you.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭Gertrude WW

Start picking people for shots for tomorrow. Get the list together now so we're not all wondering who to shoot at lunchtime tomorrow.

I'll start

Orla
    Winifred
    Clodagh
    Holly WW wrote: »
    Why have you picked these?

Anyone can make a list but we need reasons as to why?

Orla and Clodagh were both in my FFA
    Winifred seems like a good consensus target and as already stated, may have been caught in a lie pretending to be newb

Orla WW wrote: »
    This is the list you want. It's day 3 tomorrow. The above is shocking in terms of contribution. Unable to contribute or hiding in the background, these need to go.

Instead of hunting after each other just because we are active and (again) killing an nrv.

Frank was active
    Fiona was not

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,061 ✭✭✭Holly WW

Orla and Clodagh were both in my FFA
    Winifred seems like a good consensus target and as already stated, may have been caught in a lie pretending to be newb

Fair enough.

2 down 1 to go. Ewan oh pal... come out and play. I just need to know why you had a throw away vote at Henry.

This is the list you want. It's day 3 tomorrow. The above is shocking in terms of contribution. Unable to contribute or hiding in the background, these need to go.

Instead of hunting after each other just because we are active and (again) killing an nrv.
    The above is shocking in terms of contribution.

note

This line just came from the person who made absolutely zero posts in the game day

but still managed to make a vote

• Advertisement

Heading to bed shortly. Things I'd like to know include why Oisin didn't vote, who Liam is, the identities of all the baddies in the game, and why it's so damn quiet round this here village.

Well this just isn't true. I was on this morning suggesting.....oh that's right.....that we get low posters talking.....same thing being toted around now that there are a load of silent low posters coasting by.

You would want to get your facts straight gertie.

Gameday doesn't start until after the munch. You cant vote until after the munch.

(unless this game is different and I've missed it in the rules)

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,600 ✭✭✭Nigel WW

note

This line just came from the person who made absolutely zero posts in the game day

but still managed to make a vote

Quoting you Gertrude but this is directed at Orla. You mention it being a shocking contribution from those three but in your two opportunities to do something about it today you didn't try and shoot or lynch any of them as far as I'm aware. Why is that?

Well this just isn't true. I was on this morning suggesting.....oh that's right.....that we get low posters talking.....same thing being toted around now that there are a load of silent low posters coasting by.

You would want to get your facts straight gertie.

facts

https://www.boards.ie/search/submit/?thread=2057923818&query=&user=847289&date_from=&date_to=

Nigel WW wrote: »
    Quoting you Gertrude but this is directed at Orla. You mention it being a shocking contribution from those three but in your two opportunities to do something about it today you didn't try and shoot or lynch any of them as far as I'm aware. Why is that?

I was sure Fiona was a wolf

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,927 ✭✭✭Orla WW

Derry WW wrote:
    Orla to be fair, you've been conspicuous in your absence today. It's what made me vote for you. Why a no-show for the ITA?

No show? Was my presence needed for something? Was there something only I could do? I couldn't get on to keep up and contribute past 12. Im caught up and here now, but I don't have any reason for you.

I'd love to debate why you chose to vote for me though Derry. Is it just I wasn't around? Cause there are a host of people who fit that bill.

@Nigel

Sorry, I misread. You were directing that at Orla

Derry WW wrote:

Also interesting you deflect off my list of low posters to turn to focus on me.

Frank was active Fiona was not

And both were nrvs. So you need to find a new way for us to find targets.

This from the person who hasn't actually read my posts from today.

Also interesting you deflect off my list of low posters to turn to focus on me.

I'm not deflecting...I'm suggesting that you could be counted as one of those low posters.

The reason I asked about the ITA is because you made a big deal about it being important and used it as a major part of the reason that you decided to go for a No Lynch option last night. I found that strange which is why I've been stuck on you as my no. 1 suspect. I'm actually glad you're here as it'd be nice to move on to someone else if I should but what you've said and how you've acted don't seem to match up so I'm asking you questions.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,714 ✭✭✭Vernon WW

Desmond definitely worth a shot tomorrow.

Clodagh as I mentioned yesterday in my re-reads

not feeling so confident on Katie or Liam anymore. Katie picked up the pace well today

Desmond and Clodagh for shots definitely

facts

Ok fair enough I thought I had posted those in the run up to lunchtime. My mistake. I don't understand the point you are making though in so far as I did, at least, post constructive ideas on how to proceed, while my list of 3 actual low posters, haven't done anything.

I wasn't available for lunchtime, hence I wasn't around, and I wasn't around this evening. I got my vote in based on where I was feeling from before 12 and I didn't have time to catch up and change it with certainty.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,422 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Important Mod Note:

The FBI Sniper has been limited to one shot each night instead of infinite chances.

Derry WW wrote:
    The reason I asked about the ITA is because you made a big deal about it being important and used it as a major part of the reason that you decided to go for a No Lynch option last night. I found that strange which is why I've been stuck on you as my no. 1 suspect. I'm actually glad you're here as it'd be nice to move on to someone else if I should but what you've said and how you've acted don't seem to match up so I'm asking you questions.

You are twisting what I had said. I wanted us to use the ITAs to kill off the low posters who were sitting back.

The best chance to do so is for the high posters to take the shots. By your own assertion I am not one of those high posters.

And aside from that, I wasn't available anyway! Killing the low posters was and is the right call! I said it this morning and I've said it again. I can't help that I wasn't around for lunchtime and for the lynch.

You are twisting what I had said. I wanted us to use the ITAs to kill off the low posters who were sitting back.

The best chance to do so is for the high posters to take the shots. By your own assertion I am not one of those high posters.

And aside from that, I wasn't available anyway! Killing the low posters was and is the right call! I said it this morning and I've said it again. I can't help that I wasn't around for lunchtime and for the lynch.

I'm not trying to twist what you said. I do get being busy during the day, I've been in that position myself. I do see the value in going for lower posters but what threw me was the fact that you used having the ITA as a reason for choosing No Lynch on the hope that the seer will come out with info for a guaranteed wolf lynch but we all know that there's no guarantee the seer will come out with that info. It seemed strange to me.

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭Henry WW

Can I bring this up again? Jake made a good point which I'd not given a huge amount of thought to so far. The win conditions and the potential for double crossing combined with the fact that there has been no kill so far makes me wonder if this isn't a deliberate strategy by the wolves. Is there an upside for them in not killing early on and hoping we take each other out to narrow the numbers?

I don’t see how this would work for the wolves as the OP says invalid kills go to the FBI, surely not placing a kill would be deemed invalid?

On another note does the seer/Chris combo win only if they are the last ones standing or if the Soprano's are wiped out but FBI and villagers still remain and outnumber them?

Ok fair enough I thought I had posted those in the run up to lunchtime. My mistake. I don't understand the point you are making though in so far as I did, at least, post constructive ideas on how to proceed, while my list of 3 actual low posters, haven't done anything.

I wasn't available for lunchtime, hence I wasn't around, and I wasn't around this evening. I got my vote in based on where I was feeling from before 12 and I didn't have time to catch up and change it with certainty.

My point is. You were online to make a vote. But not online to post. How does one make a vote within the required time period, but not post

Henry WW wrote: »
    I don’t see how this would work for the wolves as the OP says invalid kills go to the FBI, surely not placing a kill would be deemed invalid?

Yeah, I elaborated a bit more on this. I was wondering if no kill could be a valid option for them in the same way as no lynch is for us. I just want people to keep thinking really and not to assume too much.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Oisin WW

Gabriel WW wrote: »
    So, now that that's cleared up, I get Clodagh not voting, she has been inactive all day and seems disinterested from the beginning.

But Oisin! C'mon, Oisin lad, an explanation if you will!

Apologies village, but something quite urgent in RL came up. Let's leave it at that with the details because we've had enough RL in this game for today I think. But game related - Why would I deliberately miss a vote and register one against myself on day 2, especially going into a lynch that from the last I seen (at 6:30ish) I was on a few FFAs? As far as I thought while I was away, my missed vote could lead to my own lynching.

Anyway, RIP Fiona. I honestly had no lean on her and before I had to abscond tonight, I was likely going to vote for Liam. So there was nothing I could do to save Fiona there.

So, on Liam...I think it was Brendan who made a good point that Liam could be self-resolving in a way. I wish the new player nothing but the best with learning how to play WW, but the COP slip kind of sends him down a grave path with either the wolves or the village.

Someone else made a fair point though since I was last on - If Liam was a wolf, surely there would be someone in a BR tutoring him on how not to make such mistakes. Yes, I would tend to agree with that and I'll have to consider it more.

Derry WW wrote:
    I'm not trying to twist what you said. I do get being busy during the day, I've been in that position myself. I do see the value in going for lower posters but what threw me was the fact that you used having the ITA as a reason for choosing No Lynch on the hope that the seer will come out with info for a guaranteed wolf lynch but we all know that there's no guarantee the seer will come out with that info. It seemed strange to me.

That's not the only reason though. I feel you either didn't get what I said or are deliberately paraphrasing.

We have a tight number of villagers on our side. And we have two wolf teams. We did well on Monday killing two wolves, so not killing someone Monday night and ensuring we didn't kill a villager seemed a better call to me than hoping we killed a wolf in the lynch. We had a 100% chance of keeping a villager alive vs a 1/3 (?) or 1/4 (?) Chance of hitting a wolf. That extra villager would have been really important later on if it gets down to squeaky bum time.

I didn't realize the ITAs were setup to be much lower in terms of chance to hit someone today. I don't think any of us did. So yes I wanted us to trim the low posters using the ITAs.

If you are asking again, I'd still recommend the same tomorrow. Low posters to get shot.

Seer doesn't need to come out, and I wasn't saying they should, but I'd imagine they will eventually and I was painting a scenario where we hadn't killed our own AND had seer info on board during d3/d4. And THEN we can start to work with some certainty.

Also, I didn't realise the FBI sniper had infinite chances! I assumed that they had one go and if they got it right, they got another go the next day/night. And here's me going on about not assuming anything....oops.

Henry WW wrote: »

Henry

How wonderful to see you

Some reads if you please ?

Also, I didn't realise the FBI sniper had infinite chances! I assumed that they had one go and if they got it right, they got another go the next day/night. And here's me going on about not assuming anything....oops.

That was definitely how I read it

• Advertisement

Vernon WW wrote: »
    That was definitely how I read it

Er, which way? Infinite chances or get another go tomorrow?

Advertisement