Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sopranos Mafia - Family Redefined - GAME THREAD

Options

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,927 ✭✭✭Orla WW

My point is. You were online to make a vote. But not online to post. How does one make a vote within the required time period, but not post

One makes the vote based on the info I had at the time. I wanted to vote because to be honest, not voting, self voting or no lynch voting would probably damn me anyway. I don't want to die in this game. So there you go.

I didn't post because I honestly haven't been able to keep abreast of the thread like I usually do. I've been playing catch up before each burst of posts I make. By the time I go to post things have moved on or the thread was dead.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,714 ✭✭✭Vernon WW

Another tomorrow

infinite does not make sense

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Oisin WW

Orla WW wrote: »
    No show? Was my presence needed for something? Was there something only I could do? I couldn't get on to keep up and contribute past 12. Im caught up and here now, but I don't have any reason for you.

I'd love to debate why you chose to vote for me though Derry. Is it just I wasn't around? Cause there are a host of people who fit that bill.

On that note Orla, care to point out your reasoning for voting for me? I might have missed it.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭Henry WW

Derry WW wrote: »
    Also, I didn't realise the FBI sniper had infinite chances! I assumed that they had one go and if they got it right, they got another go the next day/night. And here's me going on about not assuming anything....oops.

I read it as they had two shots but if they got it right then they got to keep their shot

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭Gertrude WW

One makes the vote based on the info I had at the time. I wanted to vote because to be honest, not voting, self voting or no lynch voting would probably damn me anyway. I don't want to die in this game. So there you go.

I didn't post because I honestly haven't been able to keep abreast of the thread like I usually do. I've been playing catch up before each burst of posts I make. By the time I go to post things have moved on or the thread was dead.

I don't mind who you voted. I just wanted my question answered

Voting someone would be better than no voting from my perspective. But you live to fight the No Lynch vote argument another day

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 4,722 ✭✭✭Derry WW

That's not the only reason though. I feel you either didn't get what I said or are deliberately paraphrasing.

We have a tight number of villagers on our side. And we have two wolf teams. We did well on Monday killing two wolves, so not killing someone Monday night and ensuring we didn't kill a villager seemed a better call to me than hoping we killed a wolf in the lynch. We had a 100% chance of keeping a villager alive vs a 1/3 (?) or 1/4 (?) Chance of hitting a wolf. That extra villager would have been really important later on if it gets down to squeaky bum time.

I didn't realize the ITAs were setup to be much lower in terms of chance to hit someone today. I don't think any of us did. So yes I wanted us to trim the low posters using the ITAs.

If you are asking again, I'd still recommend the same tomorrow. Low posters to get shot.

Seer doesn't need to come out, and I wasn't saying they should, but I'd imagine they will eventually and I was painting a scenario where we hadn't killed our own AND had seer info on board during d3/d4. And THEN we can start to work with some certainty.

Ok. Thanks, that actually clarifies things for me. The only thing I'd say is the same thing I've been banging a drum about all day...I don't know if we can be 100% sure of the tight number of villagers as you put it. I want to trust them and am like 99% sure of them but I have learned to be wary about hidden mechanics or working on info that we have assumed to be true.

Oisin WW wrote:
    On that note Orla, care to point out your reasoning for voting for me? I might have missed it.

I don't mean to fob you off and I will genuinely answer this question, but in the morning when I can go over my notes. I've been rushed off my feet all day and I'm going to bed.

Henry WW wrote: »
    I read it as they had two shots but if they got it right then they got to keep their shot

less mechanics

make with the reads

Yeah, I read it that a successful kill would mean that they didn't lose a shot but I never considered that it could mean they could take as many shots in a row as they wanted. I assumed it meant that the bullet was saved to be used the next day.

Derry WW wrote:
    Ok. Thanks, that actually clarifies things for me. The only thing I'd say is the same thing I've been banging a drum about all day...I don't know if we can be 100% sure of the tight number of villagers as you put it. I want to trust them and am like 99% sure of them but I have learned to be wary about hidden mechanics or working on info that we have assumed to be true.

FWIW I am reasonably sure there aren't hidden mechanics in this game. Mods have been fairly explicit that we are all getting all of the info.

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 2,409 ✭✭✭Ewan WW

Holly WW wrote: »
    Fair enough.

2 down 1 to go. Ewan oh pal... come out and play. I just need to know why you had a throw away vote at Henry.

Sorry, was watching the back off, devastated Kimjoy didnt win.

Anywoo, I wasnt gonna vote either Fiona or Winifred. Both village in ny eyes, said as much before hand. Both too brash ir carefree to be wolves considering the game.

My opinion obviously.

My vote was between a few low posters and Jake. I am giving Liam the benefit of the doubt regarding being new. If people dont like that, tough.

I wanna here more from Jake, still unsure if him but not strong enough to send him to death

Clodagh Henry, Des were all loe posters eho have done so very little. I went with Henry, he woukd be no loss to the village.

Ill put those 3 on my to shoot list too.

FWIW I am reasonably sure there aren't hidden mechanics in this game. Mods have been fairly explicit that we are all getting all of the info.

I trust no one...especially the mods :pac::p

Bedtime for me. Night all.

Vernon WW wrote: »
    Henry

How wonderful to see you

Some reads if you please ?

At the moment my wolf leans would be:

Wini - felt like she saw people giving Liam a bit of leway when he said he was a newbie and tried to claim it herself which I don’t believe

Nigel - his numerous posts about the ITA mechanic and the calculations raised red flags as someone trying to pad out their post count

Clodagh - this would be my choice for the low lying wolf

less mechanics

make with the reads

I’m on mobile so answering posts as I see them, have a little patience!

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Oisin WW

I don't mean to fob you off and I will genuinely answer this question, but in the morning when I can go over my notes. I've been rushed off my feet all day and I'm going to bed.

Notes? You can't even give me a brief reason for your vote, but still can carry on a mechanics debate with Derry?...

Fair enough, morning it is then Orla.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,061 ✭✭✭Holly WW

Ah lads. My head is fried. Everyone is beginning to make sense now and sound more and more villagery.

There’s definitely a wolf or two lying straight up but I can’t make sense of it all.

Holly WW wrote: »
    Ah lads. My head is fried. Everyone is beginning to make sense now and sound more and more villagery.

There’s definitely a wolf or two lying straight up but I can’t make sense of it all.

I think we need more shots!

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,061 ✭✭✭Holly WW

Of Gin? I agree.

Oisin WW wrote:
    Notes? You can't even give me a brief reason for your vote, but still can carry on a mechanics debate with Derry?...

Brief reason; I thought you were a wolf.

Reason for delay; I want to back that up with quotes so it isn't just a throwaway statement.

giphy.gif?cid=4bf119fc5bd8eaf5643972642e458dc0

• Advertisement

Ewan WW wrote: »

Anywoo, I wasnt gonna vote either Fiona or Winifred. Both village in ny eyes, said as much before hand. Both too brash ir carefree to be wolves considering the game.

My opinion obviously.

My vote was between a few low posters and Jake. I am giving Liam the benefit of the doubt regarding being new. If people dont like that, tough.

I wanna here more from Jake, still unsure if him but not strong enough to send him to death

Clodagh Henry, Des were all loe posters eho have done so very little. I went with Henry, he woukd be no loss to the village.

I love every inch of this post

In fact, any of myself, Derry or Gabriel shooting those 3 should bring the best chance of death upon them

Ewan WW wrote: »

My opinion obviously.

Jakes 17 posts summed up in 3 words

Mechanics, Liam, Clodagh

And not much else.

He's probably about 6th or 7th in line to getting the bullet throne

and I am also currently giving Liam the benefit of the doubt. Would love to see him spew all over this thread tomorrow. Just pure posting

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,600 ✭✭✭Nigel WW

Wini - felt like she saw people giving Liam a bit of leway when he said he was a newbie and tried to claim it herself which I don’t believe

Nigel - his numerous posts about the ITA mechanic and the calculations raised red flags as someone trying to pad out their post count

If you find any flaws in my posts about the ITA mechanic feel free to counter them.

If you can't then, surely more information about that is better than less and given that quite a few have said that they either don't understand it or to be mind have misunderstood it, do you have a problem with me trying to explain it as I see it?

I've made a number of accusations that not many have interacted with. Barbara is the one that has stuck out as responding to me.

Any village reads ?

I'd be in the same boat here Orla.

That was definitely how I read it

I read it that they could shoot whenever they wanted and it they knew the anon account and role it didn't cost them a bullet. So I believed it to be up to a maximum of 12 shots are however many roles there are plus two, because I don't think anon account and nrv would've counted as a free shot.

Nigel WW wrote: »
    I read it that they could shoot whenever they wanted and it they knew the anon account and role it didn't cost them a bullet. So I believed it to be up to a maximum of 12 shots are however many roles there are plus two, because I don't think anon account and nrv would've counted as a free shot.

Interesting Hypothesis Professor

I would like to subscribe to your pamphlet or newsletter

Just after seeing the updated text in the Questions thread. Thats a really good way of preventing a mass claim

And nice to have the confirmation that shots were shots. Reaffirms that Gabi, Holly and Mary are all lock village

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭Brendan WW

You are twisting what I had said. I wanted us to use the ITAs to kill off the low posters who were sitting back.

The best chance to do so is for the high posters to take the shots. By your own assertion I am not one of those high posters.

And aside from that, I wasn't available anyway! Killing the low posters was and is the right call! I said it this morning and I've said it again. I can't help that I wasn't around for lunchtime and for the lynch.

Killing low posters is not always the right call, kill people with wolfy behaviour, there is a few to be looked at as opposed to just popping off the low posters. ITAs are effectively an opportunity to kill wolves and should be treated as such. Killing someone based on post count is not a good idea.

Especially since in your follow up post you point out village numbers are tight. Therefore shooting low posters doesn't really make a whole lot of sense unless you've a solid lean they are evil.
    That's not the only reason though. I feel you either didn't get what I said or are deliberately paraphrasing.

We have a tight number of villagers on our side. And we have two wolf teams. We did well on Monday killing two wolves, so not killing someone Monday night and ensuring we didn't kill a villager seemed a better call to me than hoping we killed a wolf in the lynch. We had a 100% chance of keeping a villager alive vs a 1/3 (?) or 1/4 (?) Chance of hitting a wolf. That extra villager would have been really important later on if it gets down to squeaky bum time.

I didn't realize the ITAs were setup to be much lower in terms of chance to hit someone today. I don't think any of us did. So yes I wanted us to trim the low posters using the ITAs.

If you are asking again, I'd still recommend the same tomorrow. Low posters to get shot.

Seer doesn't need to come out, and I wasn't saying they should, but I'd imagine they will eventually and I was painting a scenario where we hadn't killed our own AND had seer info on board during d3/d4. And THEN we can start to work with some certainty.

Advertisement