Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sopranos Mafia - Family Redefined - GAME THREAD

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Ectoplasm wrote: »
    Ha! Just reading back and realising how that sounded. Meant to say I'm happy with the win given my obsession!

Team Village were excellent especially Holly/Loughc.

Also I never changed Derry's password, just logged in and pretty much stayed logged in.

I think we all knew what you meant :) Well done Ecto. A pleasure to die with you! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭Ectoplasm

quickbeam wrote: »
    I think we all knew what you meant :) Well done Ecto. A pleasure to die with you! :P

And you QB, especially as I think it was you who suggested I should trust myself more after last game we played. :)

I don't think I've ever enjoyed dying in a game quite so much, it was a great way to end the game.

But please...no more maths Mods ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,443 ✭✭✭tritium

Just on now to see how it played out. Thanks for a really clever and enjoyable game mods, even if I did die a little earlier than I would have liked. Kudos to you as well for how you managed the drama with boards!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Barney92

Great game mods. Really liked the formula :)

A good few new elements which I think worked well. You were unfortunate with the early death of the ITA mafia member because that led to an early village core.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Barney92

Oh and Nigel is back how he once was.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Yeh Jake is reset

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

Ectoplasm wrote: »
    This game confirmed that my best role is defo NRV. :D First time I've actually been happy with my performance. I think I trusted myself more. Nailed Gertie and Vernon as the twins and was then worried someone might ask why I suddenly stopped suspecting Gertie. Also for once I wasn't convinced Uriel was a bad guy. Tough game for wolves with the loss of Paulie and Melfi but delighted the village won given the work I put in!

But like, I'm never bad!!!

Thanks modulators

• Registered Users Posts: 20,362 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

I've logged out of my two accounts as well :)

Very fun game and I loved my dual account role. I thought I wouldnt be able to play it at all, but I was totally surprised when I was 3rd and 7th in total posts at the end of day2. I really was just enjoying it and I loved having the back and forth between my two alter egos, lol :D Kudos to the mods for a well run game. I didnt mind the math at all.

If I were you though for the next ITA session game, let everyone be able to hit. village, wolves and neutrals but if you want to help the village, let certain players have a slightly higher percentage chance. It still works out well for the village even if everything is even

I'm really enjoying my run here on boards.ie - 3.5 wins out of 4 ( cause I dont count the first game as a loss, lol ) :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

Here is your ITA shots
    465128.PNG

and lets reveal those dice rolls.

465129.PNG

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

That's brilliant sk. How many of those fields require manual entry of data to produce the results.

• Advertisement

Pter wrote: »
    That's brilliant sk. How many of those fields require manual entry of data to produce the results.

first 4, player are pull down menu or type a few letters of there name and click the name, but due to playing day 1 on cop, i then manually had to add the cop post count (tiny as it was) onto the 1pm boards time.

sKeith wrote: »
    first 4, player are pull down menu or type a few letters of there name and click the name, but due to playing day 1 on cop, i then manually had to ad the cop (tiny as it was) onto the 1pm boards time.

Really impressive. Would you make it available to other mods for future games?

Really impressive. Would you make it available to other mods for future games?

of course, just need my two co mods to approve first, don't see any issue publishing it.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Mary WW

Great game, very well put together and a lot of fun. Well done team village, we got some luck but good win esp after a wolf whitewash last time out.

I'd usually be more active but when you combine the usual time difference with just being back from holiday and having to catch up on work on a particularly busy week at work and the fact that I was a confirmed villager from my first post as Mary then it was also perhaps a bit too easy for me to allow myself to drift in and out.

Speaking of being Mary, yeah I shot you fixxer but I was just fullfilling the dying wish of Angus who posted his shot attempt on you the same minute he (I) died. After that the only things of note I did as a NRV was to try to imply I was roled so I'd be killed not them. Did this by asking for protection once and highlighting that my shot worked despite 0 posts before it (possible bodvig).

Those first few moments as Mary were memorable though, think I got the account info pm st 1.56pm with ITAs finishing at 2.

Mary WW is back to the original password etc, now back to boring auld Bounty Hunter for me

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

sKieth, it was really interesting reading that commentary of the game you were doing behind the scenes. Would be good if a senior player not involved in the game as a player/mod was able to do something similar but for the entire game.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

of course, just need my two co mods to approve first, don't see any issue publishing it.

No issues from me anyways!

Sopranos Mash google sheet.
    Okay, I nuked all the anon passwords, we all know how to find them anyway, so lets not make it too easy for strangers.
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1UL67-6TF5hO_xYkBkWGVgSQdQBakGNS8V4sB8GTcJhg/edit?usp=sharing

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Rikand wrote: »
    I've logged out of my two accounts as well :)

Very fun game and I loved my dual account role. I thought I wouldnt be able to play it at all, but I was totally surprised when I was 3rd and 7th in total posts at the end of day2. I really was just enjoying it and I loved having the back and forth between my two alter egos, lol :D Kudos to the mods for a well run game. I didnt mind the math at all.

If I were you though for the next ITA session game, let everyone be able to hit. village, wolves and neutrals but if you want to help the village, let certain players have a slightly higher percentage chance. It still works out well for the village even if everything is even

I'm really enjoying my run here on boards.ie - 3.5 wins out of 4 ( cause I dont count the first game as a loss, lol ) :D

Yeah, hopefully there will be another ITA game here now, I think it adds a cool dimension to the game. Would agree on letting all shoot though.

Normally as you know yourself Rikand (and others who have played elsewhere), the ITA chance of hit percentage is a lot higher - but also normally there'd be a larger amount of players - say 30/40 minimally.

So we had it low to start with a decreasing rate as we didn't want the ITAs themselves to solve the game. Paulie and Melfi being first to die via them threw a little spanner in the works but the village (bar Lough who had 100% on all of his shots) didn't hit again until the Halloween ITA session, so it didn't massively affect the game I felt.

Overall, missed munches and Lough and Stu's play was the downfall for the wolves.

Thanks for playing everyone, after my next game to mod (Lord of the Rings) I'm looking forward to a long break from it though. Need to give people a chance to catch up with me in the mod stats (9 games now) :pac:

How come i was given an extra bullet? Sorry forgot to ask and didnt wanna ask during the game anyway for obvious reasons.

How come i was given an extra bullet? Sorry forgot to ask and didnt wanna ask during the game anyway for obvious reasons.

Nobody had reveal on thread and you had already used your supply of bullets.
    Anti role claim mechanic means they should have some ammo when claims are coming out, but you ignored this element to the role and just blasted on hunches :(

• Advertisement

From my POV someone could have killed me on D1 and the bullets would be gone then anyway. Better to use them than lose them!

From my POV someone could have killed me on D1 and the bullets would be gone then anyway. Better to use them than lose them!

So one a day (at night ) was a better solution for your gameplay, and it keeps the anti-claim mechanic in the game.

How strict were you really about the ITA formatting? I few without the "WW" got through.

How strict were you really about the ITA formatting? I few without the "WW" got through.

needed to be bolded.
    needed to say shoot and have a colon between shoot and the name of the anon account with or without ww.

didn't matter what other junk was in the post, as long as the above was done.

we didn't care about capitals at all.

So one a day (at night ) was a better solution for your gameplay, and it keeps the anti-claim mechanic in the game.

Yep that was grand. Wasnt 'losing' anything in that scenario.

needed to be bolded.
    needed to say shoot and have a colon between shoot and the name of the anon account with or without ww.

didn't matter what other junk was in the post, as long as the above was done.

we didn't care about capitals at all.

So Fiona coulda killed Gabriel!!

Oh, I see it above. 98 or above though.

Oh, I see it above. 98 or above though.

Your high post count and their low post count, made you hard to hit.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Keithy are you familiar with JavaScript or do you do any of that aul coding stuff? Ive someone promised to help me automate stat keeping to some extent, I reckon an ITA bot wouldn't take too much

• Advertisement

Keithy are you familiar with JavaScript or do you do any of that aul coding stuff? Ive someone promised to help me automate stat keeping to some extent, I reckon an ITA bot wouldn't take too much

modify, adapt, translate, or reverse engineer any portion of boards.ie, or use any robot, spider, site search/retrieval application, or other device to retrieve or index any portion of boards.ie, except as expressly authorised in writing by boards.ie

If you can get permission in writing from boards,ie, bots are easy to write, but cloudfare and that pick a bus, cross walk traffic lights captcha nonsense means that another way to access boards.ie would have to be given too or a whitelist to the bots ip.

Those things, i don't think are ever going to happen here.

Advertisement