Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ideas to hide wheelie bin

• 28-10-2018 10:40am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 660 ✭✭✭

I live in an estate with terraced houses in between 2 apartment blocks. I have a side entrance as I am the first house next to the apartment block and I can go around the apartment into my back garden but it's too awkward to bring bins around

I had them out the back for awhile but the small lad plays ball now out there and it's not possible to leave them there anymore, everyone just has them at the front of house in the driveway but it just bugs me looking at them

I am doing a front porch and and while I'm at that i would like to build something to hide them but I don't want it to look out of place, I'd prefer if it wasn't timber

Anyone have any ideas or have similar done themselves? I'll try upload a pic of the houses in estate

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 702 ✭✭✭JonathonS

Have a look at www.shedges.com
    They are a UK company, but I've seen similar here, possibly home made.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,983 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

popsy09 wrote: »
    I live in an estate with terraced houses in between 2 apartment blocks. I have a side entrance as I am the first house next to the apartment block and I can go around the apartment into my back garden but it's too awkward to bring bins around

I had them out the back for awhile but the small lad plays ball now out there and it's not possible to leave them there anymore, everyone just has them at the front of house in the driveway but it just bugs me looking at them

I am doing a front porch and and while I'm at that i would like to build something to hide them but I don't want it to look out of place, I'd prefer if it wasn't timber

Anyone have any ideas or have similar done themselves? I'll try upload a pic of the houses in estate

I have a large squared-off hedge at the end of my garden, which I hide the bins behind.

Looks perfect and blends in well with the garden while hiding the bins, so might be an option.

Obviously you would need to wait several months for it to grow, but it's worth it in the end.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,141 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Timber construction covered in 2 layers of willow fencing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,546 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

design it into the side of your front porch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 660 ✭✭✭popsy09

Them prices from the UK are ridiculous it wouldn't suit my house anyway and not really am option to design into porch I want them away from the door

• Advertisement
Advertisement