Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC Upgrade options

Options
  • 28-10-2018 2:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,171 ✭✭✭

Was wondering if anyone knows what options i have for upgrading an existing hkc.

I think it's a SW-10120. Is there a code to check the exact model?

I was hoping for to add in some smart controls/monitoring.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

I would recommend upgrading to GSD i1070 or Siemens Vanderbilt SPC 4320.

HKC have their own App and portal also but it only has paid for options with very slow polling compared to others.

There's a good sticky here with some invaluable information

• Registered Users Posts: 9,171 ✭✭✭limnam

KoolKid wrote: »
    I would recommend upgrading to GSD i1070 or Siemens Vanderbilt SPC 4320.

HKC have their own App and portal also but it only has paid for options with very slow polling compared to others.

There's a good sticky here with some invaluable information

Thanks!

I'd came across that thread before and got bogged down in risk assessment

:D

I'll look into those. do you know if i could keep all my existing wiring and sensors? or would they have to be swapped out?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

limnam wrote: »
    Thanks!

I'd came across that thread before and got bogged down in risk assessment

:D

I'll look into those. do you know if i could keep all my existing wiring and sensors? or would they have to be swapped out?

You can keep all devices as long as they are not HKC ID devices

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭Drifter50

Simpler to upgrade to the HKC 10270 panel and IP communicator to give you the APP

• Registered Users Posts: 9,171 ✭✭✭limnam

Drifter50 wrote: »
    Simpler to upgrade to the HKC 10270 panel and IP communicator to give you the APP

This would lock me into a subscription service with poor polling times though right?

• Advertisement

Correct on both counts.
    Free with fast polling & the option to add GSM/GPRS back up without long term commitment makes more sense to me.

Advertisement