If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

4K TV budget around €500-€700...ISH

Options
  • 28-10-2018 3:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭

I'm on the look out for a 4K TV.

I've Googled a HAPE of them and I'm overwhelmed.

What I'd like to get would be, from what I've read and what's "a must have" - 4K - HDR+ - Full Array/Direct Lit - VA Panel - Wall Mountable - HDMI 2.0a - 60Hz.

I don't know if it's possible to have all these things in a tv, but somewhere close to it would be cool.

I'm coming from an LG 42lb580v, which only lasted around 3 years. 

I'm not picky when it comes to makes, but I have read about some Samsung model interfering with Sky Q, weather is just a small amount of models, I don't one. 

For the money I'll be spending on it, I want it to be the correct and best that it can be. 

Cheers.

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,277 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

lewis wrote: »
    I'm on the look out for a 4K TV.

I've Googled a HAPE of them and I'm overwhelmed.

What I'd like to get would be, from what I've read and what's "a must have" - 4K - HDR+ - Full Array/Direct Lit - VA Panel - Wall Mountable - HDMI 2.0a - 60Hz.

I don't know if it's possible to have all these things in a tv, but somewhere close to it would be cool.

I'm coming from an LG 42lb580v, which only lasted around 3 years. 

I'm not picky when it comes to makes, but I have read about some Samsung model interfering with Sky Q, weather is just a small amount of models, I don't one. 

For the money I'll be spending on it, I want it to be the correct and best that it can be. 

Cheers.
    Hi lewis,

If you're looking for the best panel around that budget I would go for the Panasonic TX55FX700 at 769 euro:

https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-203240-panasonic-tx55fx700b-55-ultra-hd-4k-hdr-led-tv.aspx

This panel will do HDR10+, has local dimming instead of edge lighting for better contrast and has quite a high motion processing rate. The only information I can't find on this is the native Hz rating for the panel. It is rated at 1600Hz BMR and Panasonics are very good for motion but I can't even find the info on Panasonics website.

Let me know what you think of this TV.

Kind regards

David

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭lewis

Hi lewis,

If you're looking for the best panel around that budget I would go for the Panasonic TX55FX700 at 769 euro:

https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-203240-panasonic-tx55fx700b-55-ultra-hd-4k-hdr-led-tv.aspx

This panel will do HDR10+, has local dimming instead of edge lighting for better contrast and has quite a high motion processing rate. The only information I can't find on this is the native Hz rating for the panel. It is rated at 1600Hz BMR and Panasonics are very good for motion but I can't even find the info on Panasonics website.

Kind regards

David

Alright,
    Thanks for doing a search for me, that tv looks sweet... I couldn't find out what kind of panel it has, all it says is "bright panel"... Also saw this on the notes for it..
    "The majority of 4K Blu-ray discs require HDCP2.2 on TV to play back HDR, whereas the HDMI input on this TV support only HDCP1.4; accordingly not all HDR contents are guaranteed to be enjoyed on the TV."

I wonder how much I would be limited to watch with only having HDCP 1.4?

Hi lewis,

Kind regards

David

Alright,
    Thanks for doing a search for me, that tv looks sweet... I couldn't find out what kind of panel it has, all it says is "bright panel"... Also saw this on the notes for it..
    "The majority of 4K Blu-ray discs require HDCP2.2 on TV to play back HDR, whereas the HDMI input on this TV support only HDCP1.4; accordingly not all HDR contents are guaranteed to be enjoyed on the TV."

Hey Lewis.

Where had you read it was only 1.4?
    Its 100% HDCP2.2

The below link is for the specs on Panasonic website:
    https://www.panasonic.com/uk/consumer/televisions/4K-LED-TV/tx-55fx700b.html

If you read down them you can see its clearly listed as 2.2 on all 3 HDMI's.

Any questions please let me know.

Hi lewis,

Kind regards

David

Alright,

Hey Lewis.

Its 100% HDCP2.2

Alright, 

I read it on the third section from the bottom of the specs page 

You have any idea what type of panel it is .. Bright panel is something I've not read about.

Hi lewis,

Kind regards

David

Alright,

Hey Lewis.

Its 100% HDCP2.2

Alright, 

I read it on the third section from the bottom of the specs page 

You have any idea what type of panel it is .. Bright panel is something I've not read about.
    Hey Lewis.

The 1.4 is for their HD and Full HD screens.

Below is the section I think you are talking about and it says at the start of it HD and Full HD models.
    [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"Full HD & HD models: The ability to send a non 4K HDR signal via HDMI depends fully on the playback device. The majority of 4K Blu-ray discs require HDCP2.2 on TV to play back HDR, whereas the HDMI input on this TV support only HDCP1.4; accordingly not all HDR contents are guaranteed to be enjoyed on the TV."[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The Panel type is an IPS panel.[/font]

• Advertisement

Hey Lewis.

Below is the section I think you are talking about and it says at the start of it HD and Full HD models.
    [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"Full HD & HD models: The ability to send a non 4K HDR signal via HDMI depends fully on the playback device. The majority of 4K Blu-ray discs require HDCP2.2 on TV to play back HDR, whereas the HDMI input on this TV support only HDCP1.4; accordingly not all HDR contents are guaranteed to be enjoyed on the TV."[/font]

Alright,

Not an IPS, I'm not to bothered about the viewing angles, pity, I liked that tv... The search continues..

Hey Lewis.

Alright,

Not an IPS, I'm not to bothered about the viewing angles, pity, I liked that tv... The search continues..
    Hey Lewis.

No problem, let me know if any others catch your eye.

Hey Lewis.

Alright,

Hey Lewis.

Alright,
    Will do man... or woman, :)

:D
    Hey Lewis.

Alright,

Hey Lewis.

Alright,
    Will do man... or woman, :)
    :D

Not having much luck in finding a tv that doesn't have edge lit in my local shops.

The closest I'm seeing is IPS direct lit.. So my question is, do you think an IPS direct lit would be similar to a VA direct lit TV... Keeping in mind I'm after a TV for mainly movies and such in, mostly a low lit room, I'm not worried about viewing angles, just wanting the best possible picture quality...

Edit : I came across this one. LG 55UK6500PLA... The specs seem OK...

• Advertisement
  • Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Unfortunately we don't stock the LG 55UK6500, but I actually think that is an edge lit panel??:confused:

We do stock the 55UK6750 and that would squeeze into your budget.

If you are into quality viewing without gaming and viewing angles are not important to you then I would look at a VA panel as a preference - however I'm sure you will know that most VA panels will have a narrow sweet spot and off axis viewing will pretty much always be better with an IPS panel.

Keep us posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Unfortunately we don't stock the LG 55UK6500, but I actually think that is an edge lit panel??:confused:

We do stock the 55UK6750 and that would squeeze into your budget.

If you are into quality viewing without gaming and viewing angles are not important to you then I would look at a VA panel as a preference - however I'm sure you will know that most VA panels will have a narrow sweet spot and off axis viewing will pretty much always be better with an IPS panel.

Keep us posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew
    Ah crap, I`ve so many TV`s I`ve saved that I put the wrong one in here...it was this one the LG 50uk6500pla I meant to post.

I`m willing so sacrifice viewing angles for better picture..

The edge lit ones get a bit of a bad rap. from what I`ve read....

...Again unfortunately we don't stock the 50UK6500 - we do stock the 50UK6750 - you can check the specs here:

https://www.displayspecifications.com/en/model/1ab11269

and the product is listed here:

https://www.richersounds.ie/p-203294-lg-50uk6750pld-50-inch-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-led-tv-freeview-play.aspx

Keep us posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Don't mean to hijack the thread, but I've a couple of Qs regarding the following two TVs (either of which might suit your requirements, Lewis):

https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-203460-lg-49uk6300plb-49-inch-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-led-tv-freeview-play.aspx
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-203303-lg-49uk6400plf-49-inch-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-led-tv-freeview-play.aspx

1) What exactly is the difference between these two sets and
    2) Seeing as I'm in no immediate rush to get a new TV in the next week or so, Will either of them be discounted, do you think, for "Black Friday"? Do you guys even do a Black Friday event?

Thanks

Hi $hifty.

Technically the 43UK6300/6400 are virtually identical but the 6400 has the central 'crescent' pedestal ( the 6300 has 2 separate feet at the ends of the screen) and the bezels are slightly different colours..

We do a M A J O R Black Friday event - as at this time I don't know exactly what is in it ( or I won't tell :D ) but it will be worth keeping keeping your eye out ;)

Keep us posted if we can assist in any way,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

Cheers for that. €34 quid for a different stand seems a bit excessive, no?

Anyway, I'll hold off until Black Friday.

$hifty,

apologies for the price difference - unfortunately they do come with different costs to us and to be fair the central crescent stand is a significantly more expensive piece of kit than the plastic feet as on the 6300 series  and to be fair we do appear to be the cheapest € price around by quite a significant amount on the 43UK6400- but I will pass your complaint up the food chain...

Best regards,

John Mc & Crew

...Again unfortunately we don't stock the 50UK6500 - we do stock the 50UK6750 - you can check the specs here:

https://www.displayspecifications.com/en/model/1ab11269

and the product is listed here:

https://www.richersounds.ie/p-203294-lg-50uk6750pld-50-inch-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-led-tv-freeview-play.aspx

Keep us posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew
    The [font=Montserrat, sans-serif]HDR Format on that one and I`m going to be picky...I`d prefer it be [/font][font=Montserrat, sans-serif]HDR10+...Squeeze in every bang for my buck.[/font]

Lewis,

within your price range that will prove more difficult to get Full Array / Direct lit / HDMI2.0a minimum / and HDR10+ / VA Panel  - at the budget level the HDR10+ will push you towards Samsung TV's ( as HDR10+ is their baby) which you have stated that you don't really want - TBH I'm scratching my head to find a TV under €700 to meet your criteria but by all means if you do see a model that suits your specifications within budget drop me a line and we will have a look at the pricing for you no problem,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

This... https://www.displayspecifications.com/en/model/37c01533

Or 

This... https://www.displayspecifications.com/en/model/654913e0

The difference I'm looking at is, either VA edge lit, or IPS direct LED...

• Advertisement

This... https://www.displayspecifications.com/en/model/37c01533

Or 

This... https://www.displayspecifications.com/en/model/654913e0

The difference I'm looking at is, either VA edge lit, or IPS direct LED...
    Hi Lewis.

The first link is for a 55X705F Sony which I think is for the American Market as its not listed on the UK product list from Sony and not one that is available to us.

The 2nd the Samsung 55NU7020 is also one that we do not stock. We have the 50" version priced at 579.00 Euro
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-203668-samsung-ue50nu7020-50-inch-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-led-tv-tvplus.aspx

Or we have the 55NU7400 retailing at 783 euro which is slightly over budget.
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-203333-samsung-ue55nu7400-55-inch-4k-ultra-hd-led-tv.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

Also hijacking this thread (sorry), but looking around this budget for a 4K TV (55") as I just got an Xbox One X. Is it possible to get the 60hz refresh rate for gaming in this budget? If not, would you recommend anything? Currently have a Samsung TV 1080p which has been great for years. Philips, LG, Sony would be open to those brands too.

fifth wrote: »
    Also hijacking this thread (sorry), but looking around this budget for a 4K TV (55") as I just got an Xbox One X. Is it possible to get the 60hz refresh rate for gaming in this budget? If not, would you recommend anything? Currently have a Samsung TV 1080p which has been great for years. Philips, LG, Sony would be open to those brands too.

I've narrowed my choice down to the Samsung UE55NU7021/7020, it's got the 60hz... Just waiting to see what the prices are going to do.

fifth wrote: »
    Hey Fifth.

It might be hard to get a 60Hz panel within the 500-700 Euro budget. There is nothing that we stock that I could offer.

The starting point for a 100hz you would be up around the 950 Euro mark for one of the Sony 55xf8505
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-203190-sony-kd55xf8505-55-inch-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-led-android-tv-youview.aspx

Starting point for a 55" would be the LG 55UK6400PLa priced at 549 Euro
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-203304-lg-55uk6400plf-55-inch-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-led-tv-freeview-play.aspx

Next up would be the Hisense 55A6200 priced at 579 Euro
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-203449-hisense-55a6200-55-inch-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-led-tv-freeview-play.aspx

Philips 55PUS6703 priced at 669 Euro
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-203603-philips-55pus6703-55-inch-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-led-tv-ambilight-freeview-play.aspx

LG also have their 55UK6750 priced at 699 euro
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-203295-lg-55uk6750pld-55-inch-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-led-tv-freeview-play.aspx

Let me know if any of the above might suit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭phobia2011

Anyone any knowledge on walker TVs, seen anoffer of 65” 4K tv for about €750?
    Hard to get reviews on walker brand.

phobia2011 wrote: »
    Anyone any knowledge on walker TVs, seen anoffer of 65” 4K tv for about €750?
    Hard to get reviews on walker brand.

Phobia,
    Unfortunately we don't stock Walker, we generally only stock branded Tv's- possibly see if you can get some advice on that specific query across on the general home entertainment forums?

Apologies we can't assist with this one..

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭phobia2011

Phobia,
    Unfortunately we don't stock Walker, we generally only stock branded Tv's- possibly see if you can get some advice on that specific query across on the general home entertainment forums?

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

Thanks John, apologies, thought that’s where I was!!

phobia2011 wrote: »
    Phobia,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

Thanks John, apologies, thought that’s where I was!!
    No problem at all Phobia2011.

Any thoughts on the Philips 50PUS6203/12 from Aldi?

The specs seem good.

• Advertisement

Really?..

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.