Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AIB stopped Youth Savings Transfers.

• 28-10-2018 3:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21

So essentially AIB have stopped allowing transfers between my Youth Savings Account and my Current-Student account.

While all my friends received messages on the app or Emails saying it would happen on September 30th. Emailing them they told me to head to the bank where I originally opened the Youth Savings Account, problem is that bank is closed down. They then told me to head down to my local bank, problem is that my local bank is closed down for the next two weeks for renovations and the other nearest AIB bank is an hour drive (minimum without traffic) away, and I haven't got my license yet. They also refused to tell my why this happened.

So I have 2,000 in my Youth Savings that i cannot access and less than 100 left in my Current-Student.

Does anyone have any idea why this happened, because right now I'm really pissed off and am really considering leaving AIB.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,441 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Let's analyse the clues.

AIB.

OK got it. Cost savings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭JTMan

The AIB Youth Savings account is a legacy product that they are winding down. One cannot open this product anymore.

AIB Junior Saver and AIB Student Saver are the AIB youth products now.

Painful having to go to a branch to do a withdrawal.

Advertisement