Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Printer question: Can you skip the setup?

• 28-10-2018 6:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭

Printer is an officejet 8600 plus, cartridges are HP 950/951
    CN049S is black and sure enough it's the one setup cartridge I can't seem to find

The story. Printer was reset and now appears to want a fresh set of setup cartridges. I have the 3 setup cartridges for the colours, but like the walls of a house, 3 is not enough.

So the question is - if the printer can't get past the setup animations to the home screen, where I can press back 4 times to do the things? How do I proceed? Can I skip the setup animations somehow?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,153 ✭✭✭smuggler.ie

By "setup cartridges" you probably refer to ink cartridges.

Usually, printer requires all them installed in order to operate, some printers will offer you to use color ink to be used to "make" black if black ink ran out, but still require cartridge in place.

When you say "printer was reset", do you mean uninstalled from PC/Lap ?

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭Shtanto

Reset here can be taken to mean factory reset back to defaults. Hold in the power button/unplug for 30 seconds kind of way. It's got a greyscale only option but I can't seem to get it to play ball. The printer turns on ok but now seems to complain continuously about leaky cartridges. It could be an ink flood - might have to break out the torx bits and clean it out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,153 ✭✭✭smuggler.ie

What was initial cause of need to reset printer?
    Any error codes/messages?

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭Shtanto

I went for one of those CISS (continuous ink supply system) things on ebay. Oh boy, did that ever backfire. I think the viscosity is off. Seems universal printer ink isn't the done thing.

Advertisement