Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Buying phones online

• 28-10-2018 8:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭

Hi

Just curious as to people's views as to buying mobile phones online whether it's adverts, donedeal, amazon, eBay or less known like laptopsdirect, eglobal Central etc.

I'm looking for the xiaomi pocophone but very cautious of being scammed with dealing with most of the above websites.

Besides price what are the obvious give away signs you're looking at unscrupulous sellers

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Mezcita

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 292 ✭✭wizardman

I just bought the A2 lite on eglobal not a problem.

Bought my 3 previous phones on Amazon not a problem. One developed a fault and was repaired under warranty here in Dublin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 964 ✭✭✭mistress_gi

I buy all my phones online. Make sure you pay with PayPal. It gives you that extra bit of protection if it arrives defective or not as described. I have bought from Gearbest, bangood, geekbuying and amazon. Customer service wise amazon cannot be beaten. Everything else if you have a problem you are pretty much on you own bar amazon they will usually give you 1 year warranty.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Wquirke1234

I've seen alot of phones on amazon ebay with the sellers from China or Hong kong etc. Am I wrong to be a bit worried that I could unwittingly get a fake......especially when the price is lower than UK or European sellers??

wizardman wrote: »
    I just bought the A2 lite on eglobal not a problem.

Bought my 3 previous phones on Amazon not a problem. One developed a fault and was repaired under warranty here in Dublin.

Can I ask you if you bought on amazon and took it to approved repair shop how did you prove the device was still within warranty period

• Advertisement

Better choice online. Nothing decent dual sim on the high street.

Better choice online. Nothing decent dual sim on the high street.

Absolutely. The main problem is that if something is off with the phone when you get it u could be chasing after some lad in Hong Kong

That's why I buy Chinese phones from EU resellers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 292 ✭✭wizardman

Can I ask you if you bought on amazon and took it to approved repair shop how did you prove the device was still within warranty period

Proof of purchase from Amazon

Advertisement