Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SuperValu & Centra- bait and switch

Options
  • 28-10-2018 8:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,920 ✭✭✭

I called my local SuperValu to ask about RDR2 and they told me it would be in on the 26th. Arrived that morning and was told it never came in.

Centra- Now we normally get the leaflet in the post and the local centra stores either get the stock in or don’t. Its like the Schrödinger’s paradox, they either have it or not. They sometimes claim it’s larger or smaller centras that have it.

Anyway one week a leaflet came to the door that was exclusively printed for a particular centra store nearby with the name printed on front and upon entering the shop and asking where’s the leg of lamb for €9.99 they claimed it wasn’t applicable to this centra and when shown the front of the actual leaflet they claimed that they sold out the day before.

Has anyone ever complained to the ASAI and what was the outcome?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 69,013 ✭✭✭✭L1011

The ASAI are toothless and can't do anything other than "order" a newspaper/radio/TV station to voluntarily not run the ad again.

Centra/Supervalu are mostly franchises and its the individual franchiser responsible for this sort of stuff; and the other commonly complained about issues on here (mispricing on shelves / multibuy deals not applying). At this stage I'd think Musgraves need to intervene as its damaging to the brand.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Xterminator

Hi Op

what would your complaint entail?

If the staff are poorly educated to current offers that would not be an issue for ASAI.
    If the item in question did sell out, again ASAI would not take action on that.

As mentioned these shops are franchises and i think the 'quality' of the franchises can be variable. But never attribute to malice or cheating that which can be explained by ignorance.

i would expect that a complaint to hard office would have more effect, than to ASAI.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Jesus what has this site become.

How dare they not get a delivery or run out of stock. Shut them down.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,920 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

RossieMan wrote: »
    Jesus what has this site become.

How dare they not get a delivery or run out of stock. Shut them down.

Not getting 1 or 2 items wouldn’t be unusual at times Lidl and Aldi products get delayed, but not stocking 60-70% of the items on a leaflet with their store name specifically on it is false advertising.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Go straight to Musgraves and lodge a complaint to them to start. They’re the brand operators and wouldn’t want anything damaging their brand.

• Advertisement
Advertisement