Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Viola patio pots - advice

Options
  • 28-10-2018 9:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭

Bought 2 viola patio pots today like these:

https://www.woodies.ie/viola-patio-pot-1131972

Am I best just leaving them in the pots or should I transplant them to the garden?

If I do transplant can I split them out?

Any advice would be much appreciated, thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,435 ✭✭✭✭looksee

They could be a bit lost in the garden. If the pot looks very full it might be worth dividing them into a bigger pot, but if you are not used to handling plants its a bit dodgy with them in full flower.

I would suggest leaving them in the pot until a lot of flowers have died back, then trimming the heads off them (use a scissors). At that stage you can leave them to produce another flush of flowers or possibly consider dividing them into a bigger pot.

On balance, leave them be, trim the flowers when they die off, regard them as finished in spring, at which stage you could put them in a corner of the garden and see if they 'take'. They are best treated as a one season plant.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭jprboy

Will leave them be, so!

Thanks for taking the time to reply in such detail, looksee.

Advertisement