Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving house and moving schools

Options
  • 29-10-2018 12:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭

We live in Swords at the moment and our house is just sale agreed with us likely to move in the new year temporarily to my parents on the southside until we can buy a new house in the first 6 months of next year.

DS is currently in Senior Infants. Rather than have to travel every day to Swords I'd like to try and move him in the New Year to somewhere I expect we will buy.

How does one go about moving schools mid year? I had to put his name down from birth to get him into Educate Together 1 min down the road from our current house.

Thanks for reading.

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Just ring the school and ask if they have space for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭bringupthebook

Moonbeam wrote: »
    Just ring the school and ask if they have space for him.

Yes I agree with this. I know in my sons senior infant class 2 kids have moved away freeing up (I assume) 2 places.

Advertisement