Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BSOD win 10 problems

Options
  • 29-10-2018 1:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭

Cross post from Windows subforum

I've just built a new pc and all was fine until earlier today when I got a bsob followed by many more...
    I can't boot the pc normally but booting into safe mode is fine.

I gave up googling and trying things and reinstalled Windows, 2x time this weekend, but the problem just reoccurred after awhile.

Pc ran fine for over 24hrs copying files between an old drive to the new one. I was copying (using software) the same files to a external drive to have a backup when I started having the problem. I've only installed drivers, office, one or two other programs when it happened again while watching a movie on VLC.

So far I've gotten the following errors

MEMORY_MANAGEMENT
    SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION
    IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

I've tried uninstalling some drivers and programs but there's only so much I can do in safe mode. All drivers are recent, downloaded today or during the week

Some of the sites recommend running a disc check as well as a memory diagnostic, neither of which find any faults. I'll run memtest over night but I'm not sure it's hardware related?

If anyone has any ideas or suggestions please let me know, this pc has consumed my whole weekend and I desperately need to solve this so I can get back to college work.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,636 ✭✭✭Inviere

How many sticks of RAM are you using? If more than one, can you try remove one and test again?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

2 sticks. I've ran memtest over night, it's on pass 4 now with no errors and 91% complete. I might just let it finish pass 4 although I need to use the pc

This has started happening again, I had a phone plugged in and it re-occurred.

At this point I'm going to start replacing parts. I tested the Ram for well over 12 hours last time, no errors.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

What Mobo and Cpu you using? I've had problems like this recently with a Ryzen build. Was BSOD'ing at least once a day. Only thing I had changed before it started happening was the BIOS, rolled back and hasn't happened since.

ASUS ROG STRIX B450-I GAMING MITX
    Ryzen 2600
    Corsair CMK32GX4M2B3000C15 Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2 x 16 GB)

I haven't updated the bios since I got the board, I have now but it's still bsod

• Advertisement

I did a driver check, that caused an instant BSOD on reboot, I think I may have rolled back after windows prompted me to do so. All seems fine again now. I don't trust it though, it's happened 3x over the past year and I've no idea how to get to the bottom of whats causing these BSOD's

Advertisement