Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ikea Floalt

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,745 ✭✭✭✭L1011

You need the Tradfri hub to control via Google.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,999 ✭✭✭paulbok

I have one in my front porch, needed a shallow fitting there as I couldn't recess anything and height was also an issue.
    Find it great for where it is, controlled via home assistant.
    300x300 panel, dims low enough for a hallway nightlight and bright enough for kids playing there when dark.
    Haven't got it working via Alexa yet.
    Using it's own hub but will probably move to the Hue hub when I replace all the hall lights with Ikea ones.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,281 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

paulbok wrote: »
    I have one in my front porch, needed a shallow fitting there as I couldn't recess anything and height was also an issue.
    Find it great for where it is, controlled via home assistant.
    300x300 panel, dims low enough for a hallway nightlight and bright enough for kids playing there when dark.
    Haven't got it working via Alexa yet.
    Using it's own hub but will probably move to the Hue hub when I replace all the hall lights with Ikea ones.

Just bought this today thanks. Just the light on its own didn't get any hub yet.

Going to put it as a ceiling light in kitchen. That extends onto my living room where I currently have six GU10s and two lamps.

Anyone have thoughts on where to go to make full set up smart? I'll likely put a Google Home Hub in that room too.

Thinking of going all Ikea - including hub. What would be the advantage of a Hue hub? (I have no other smart lights in house and might not get any in other rooms as each room has 4-8 GU10s in the ceilings

Advertisement