If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

43" Telly Question

Options
  • 29-10-2018 11:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 13

I want to replace our 10yo HD Samsung with a 4k. But we're space limited. We can only take a 43". And the thinner the better. I'd like Netflix, Spotify etc. I don't want to have to buy a replacement for another 10 years.

Which models should I be looking at?

Thanks,
    Trev.

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,278 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

huron wrote: »
    I want to replace our 10yo HD Samsung with a 4k. But we're space limited. We can only take a 43". And the thinner the better. I'd like Netflix, Spotify etc. I don't want to have to buy a replacement for another 10 years.

Which models should I be looking at?

Thanks,
    Trev.
    Hey Trev.

Thanks for the post.

Your starting point for a 43" would be the LG 43UK6300 coming in at £349.00
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-203459-lg-43uk6300plb-43-inch-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-led-tv-freeview-play.aspx

Next up LG have the 43UK6750 priced at £449.00
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-203293-lg-43uk6750pld-43-inch-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-led-tv-freeview-play.aspx

Pansonic have their 43FX550 priced at £449.00
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-203684-panasonic-tx43fx550b-43-inch-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-led-tv-freeview-play.aspx

Philips then have the ambilight 43PUS6703 priced at £399
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-203601-philips-43pus6703-43-inch-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-led-tv-freeview-play.aspx

All of the above come with our 6 year guarantee free of charge.

Let me know your thoughts.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 huron

Thanks Kenny,
    which one would you buy?

Thanks Kenny,
    which one would you buy?
    Hey Huron.

I have to say that I really like the Philips Ambilight (It can be switched off) but the Panasonic is also a great television for performance and picture quality.

You would not be disappointed with either of these two products.

Two (a half) quick questions as a follow up.
    Does the Philips have Spotify and an Irish free view tuner? And how soon can you deliver to County Clare?
    Thanks,
    Trev.

Two (a half) quick questions as a follow up.
    Does the Philips have Spotify and an Irish free view tuner? And how soon can you deliver to County Clare?
    Thanks,
    Trev.
    Hi Huron.

No spotify unfortunately but does have a Saorview tuner built in.

Delivery for televisions is 2-3 days to Co. Clare.

• Advertisement

Thanks Kenny, ordered yesterday.

Thanks Kenny, ordered yesterday.
    Hey Huron.

Which one did you go for in the end?

We did a mockup with a towel of the screen size for a couple of the 43" models and realised that the panels were 'just' too big. 2 and a half inches too big. They wouldn't have fit. So in the end we went for the Sharp lc40cfg4041k panel at 40" which will fit 'exactly' into the space. With maybe 10mm to spare.

It's going to lead to problems in the future when 40" aren't going to be available. But for the moment, it'll do. It's a Full HD, so at 40" it isn't going to be the worst panel in the world for regular telly and a bit of minecraft.

Thanks for the help and support! Richersounds is always going to be my first stop for AV.

We did a mockup with a towel of the screen size for a couple of the 43" models and realised that the panels were 'just' too big. 2 and a half inches too big. They wouldn't have fit. So in the end we went for the Sharp lc40cfg4041k panel at 40" which will fit 'exactly' into the space. With maybe 10mm to spare.

It's going to lead to problems in the future when 40" aren't going to be available. But for the moment, it'll do. It's a Full HD, so at 40" it isn't going to be the worst panel in the world for regular telly and a bit of minecraft.

Thanks for the help and support! Richersounds is always going to be my first stop for AV.
    Hey Huron.

Found you on our system :)

The TV was dispatched today so hopefully you should hear from our courier tomorrow via text to confirm the delivery date.

The Sharp is a good television and will be an upgrade on your older Samsung.

Let us know if you require anything else in the future.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.