Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overweight and TTC

• 29-10-2018 4:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi All,

to make a long story short myself and my other half are TTC with over a year. Did loads of tests and got referred to a fertility clinic. I am approx 270lbs so am obese. I have PCOS on top of it also

Went to fertility clinic in the midlands and they advised that it wouldn't be a good idea treating my at this weight as I wouldn't be giving my body the best chance with complications etc. I know they are right I just feel devastated. She wants me to loose over 3 stone and come back to her...

Has anyone else experienced this?

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,914 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

I haven't personally, but I do know some people who have been told to lose weight first alright. Or as part of an overall programme, that would be one of the first things to be done.

You could try another fertility clinic if you wanted a second opinion?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭sillysmiles

I've been told to loose weight before starting. I had to get my BMI below 30.
    To be honest when I had a specific goal and a very real consequence it was a bit easier (not easy though). PCOS is a pain the in hoop for trying to loose weight. Have you been advised to try any specific PCOS diet? Or going on metformin?

Advertisement