If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

49" 4k TV - Mostly for use with PS4 PRO

Options
  • 29-10-2018 5:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭

Hi all,

After weeks of consideration on best 49" TV to buy i honestly am very stuck. I think its mainly to do with OLED i bought from you guys afew months back simply looking so good , no 49" can compare but its the max size the space also. I was hanging in until black friday but decided im going to buy now 

The compelling price of the 49SK8100 is a real temptation but i am willing to go the extra as i want  as good a picture as possible. I would love you feedback on the below as the best TV for PS4 Pro mainly and picture quality.

1. Panasonic 49FX750 - Picture looks stunning but reviews seem abit light on the ground in terms of whats is like to use with PS4. I am very tempted by this - is that any deal you can offer?

2. 49XF9005 - Get amazing reviews but always feel the picture in TV store looks  abit underwhelming. Some tempting bundle we have discussed before i can see are still on offer.

3. Samsung QE49Q6

Look forward to you feedback

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,278 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

viper5 wrote: »
    Hi all,

After weeks of consideration on best 49" TV to buy i honestly am very stuck. I think its mainly to do with OLED i bought from you guys afew months back simply looking so good , no 49" can compare but its the max size the space also. I was hanging in until black friday but decided im going to buy now 

The compelling price of the 49SK8100 is a real temptation but i am willing to go the extra as i want  as good a picture as possible. I would love you feedback on the below as the best TV for PS4 Pro mainly and picture quality.

1. Panasonic 49FX750 - Picture looks stunning but reviews seem abit light on the ground in terms of whats is like to use with PS4. I am very tempted by this - is that any deal you can offer?

2. 49XF9005 - Get amazing reviews but always feel the picture in TV store looks  abit underwhelming. Some tempting bundle we have discussed before i can see are still on offer.

3. Samsung QE49Q6

Look forward to you feedback
    Hi Viper5,

If you feel the picture on the Sony is underwhelming and the Panasonic is better you should probably stick with the Panasonic however the panel on the Sony is definitely better. The Panasonic's panel is edge lit as opposed to the Sony's direct lit panel. The direct lighting gives better contrast and deeper black levels as well as more natural colour. The Panasonics are very good at motion processing though so for gaming you may notice a smoother image on the Panasonic.

The Samsung QLEDs are good but if I were to recommend one I would look at the QE55Q7FN as this is a far superior panel (with Ultra Black, Ultra HD Premium and HDR1500 capability). Unfortunately they do not make this model in a 49" so I would still look at either the Sony or the Panasonic.

As you were more impressed by the Panasonic I would recommend the FX750. They really are great panels and they do have a very good motion processor so would be great for gaming. These are currently £999/ 1079 euro and this includes shipping and a 6 year guarantee.

Let me know what you think.

Kind regards

David

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.