Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Youtube freezing

Options
  • 29-10-2018 6:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭

Youtube has been freezing on me using Google Chrome and Firefox on different computers in different locations. The video keeps playing but the controls are unusable, has anybody else experienced this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,302 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

Can't say I have. Are you using the same browser extensions in these browsers and at these different locations?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭degsie

You tried putting it next to a radiator?

Play around with the settings and see if a lower resolution helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭Seanachai

I've found that this issue only happens when I'm signed into my account on YT, the suspicious part of me wants to think that it's something like they're doing to Facebook users based on the content that they're watching/posting......

• Registered Users Posts: 5,302 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

Seems highly unlikely, I am always signed into my Google account in any browser I use and I never experience freezing. Are your computers decent specs? And what browser extensions are you using?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭Seanachai

PropJoe10 wrote: »
    Seems highly unlikely, I am always signed into my Google account in any browser I use and I never experience freezing. Are your computers decent specs? And what browser extensions are you using?

I think it must be the specs of the PC's that I'm using, they're getting old at this stage. The upgrades on YT must just have gotten too much for them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,011 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

Seanachai wrote: »
    I think it must be the specs of the PC's that I'm using, they're getting old at this stage. The upgrades on YT must just have gotten too much for them.

That does not make sense if this is correct ...
    this issue only happens when I'm signed into my account on YT

Advertisement