Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FTTH Installation Cost

• 29-10-2018 6:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33

Hi folks

My parents want to get in the FTTH, but the installation cost is putting them off. (It's €130 or so).
    They're on a fixed income, and with his retirement, my Dad's both turned 70 and discovered the internet this year lol.

If it possible for this to broken up into their bill throughout the year?
    I offered to help, but they want to do this themselves.

Any assistance appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 278 ✭✭RobiePAX

Sadly there is no clear way to get rid of installation charges. Actual installation charge is €249. But currently you are getting €150 discount. So current installation price is €99.

If you are a new customer, you have bargaining power. As in any business you can chance it and tell your sales guy that installation price is too much for you. Who knows, your sales guy might get authorization from his line manager to get those charges removed to get the sale or to give you a discount. No harm in asking. Just make sure you have written proof that this was offered to you, so you have evidence just in case.

You said you father only learned about the internet. So would he even need FTTH? Check if the address supports FTTC or reasonable old ADL connection which will cost you less a month, and installation will be only €29.99

You could also always considered something like Three Unlimited 4G Broadband for €30/month. No installation charges there and for someone who's only learning internet should be more than fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭eir: Kyle

Xander wrote: »
    Hi folks

My parents want to get in the FTTH, but the installation cost is putting them off. (It's €130 or so).
    They're on a fixed income, and with his retirement, my Dad's both turned 70 and discovered the internet this year lol.

If it possible for this to broken up into their bill throughout the year?
    I offered to help, but they want to do this themselves.

Any assistance appreciated!
    Hi there Xander

Unfortunately the team that deals with sales won't be able to waive installing costs or break it up in, installments.

Like RobiePAX said, they're more than welcome to call in and address their issue with the sales representative and see what they can do for them. They can call the Sales Team directly at 1800503303

-Kyle

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭Thoie

eir: Kyle wrote: »

-Kyle
    Good luck with that!  Though being retired, they may have more free time.

https://www.boards.ie/ttfpost/108490895

Advertisement